It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. – NASA mission controllers are tracking a mystery object hovering between the space shuttle Atlantis and Earth, and traveling at roughly the same speed as the orbiter, agency officials said Tuesday.

“Right now they’re just tying to figure out exactly what it is, how far away it is,” NASA spokesperson Kimberly Harle told SPACE.com. “It’s pretty much assessing the whole situation.”

Harle said that at 2:45 a.m. EDT (0645 GMT), just after Atlantis comple

BREAKING NEWS

[edit on 19-9-2006 by kinglizard]

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
oh wow!!! wonder what it is thats scary huh.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
WOW this is for real .Good call Super 70.

[edit on 19/9/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I just hope it is not part of the shuttle that came loose. That would be very bad news for the astronauts.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hasn't hit main news sites yet!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I was just about to post this, saw on CNN

NASA engineers are checking into a baffling sight of a mystery object below the shuttle that mission control spotted at about 2:45 a.m EDT Tuesday with a video camera in the shuttle's cargo bay.

The object, which circled the Earth in the same orbit as the shuttle and is of undetermined size, probably came out of the shuttle's cargo bay because some jets had just been fired, shaking the orbiter, NASA spokesman Doug Peterson said.

"It's something that we didn't expect, but it's something that we're taking a real close look at," Peterson said.

[edit on 9/19/06 by cavitycr33p]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
WOW! has there been any more news about this as off 10 o'clock central time

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Wow..that's weird. It's on MSNBC right now. NASA just decided to delay the landing until Thursday

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
They waved off the return for tomorrow just now. They're still deciding on a plan for tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Exceptional find, super70!!!

Great stuff.

I'm going to turn on CNN right now to see what the heck is happening up there.

could it be that Iranian gal showing up and nobody told NASA?

Just Kidding

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Exceptional find, super70!!!

Great stuff.

I'm going to turn on CNN right now to see what the heck is happening up there.

could it be that Iranian gal showing up and nobody told NASA?

Just Kidding

Wow..lmao

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am watching live NASA Tv on my TVU program, if I see anything interesting I will report it.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I was just watching it on CNN. They said it appears to be non metallic because there isnt a reflection. I was trying really hard to watch it, but was fuzzy.. it almost looked like it was tumbling... like end over end... weird..

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
its on the front page of cnn.com atm lol its just got the same basic info as what has been posted ere b4

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Good find.

4 articles up on google, ie:

Mission Control notified the astronauts of the observation at 9 a.m. CDT, and asked them to delay plans to stow a video antenna.

Peterson said the request would allow the astronauts to make an unscheduled examination of the shuttle using cameras on Atlantis' robot arm. The antenna would transmit the views to Mission Control.

However, it was not clear whether the survey could take place later today or Wednesday.

If the survey was scheduled for Wednesday, NASA would postpone the shuttle's planned landing at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

Unknown object seen flying below Atlantis

Terms: +NASA +mystery OR mysterious +object +Atlantis

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

video on there!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just saw some footage on NASA chanal very strange that they would show this and not know what it is this is NASA for gods sake!!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
since when is NASA openly putting news about UFO?
(which it is, being unidentified...)

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yeah, look how secretive and evil NASA is. If NASA is so hellbent on deceiving the public, why would they openly admit that there is an unidentified object near the shuttle?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Tune in to CNN now it's on

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join