It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:
jra

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
The reason I heard is because there is no air in space. Light requires air molecules to convey light to the eyes. But if this is the case then why can we see the earth from space unless there is still a trace of atmosphere at the level of the shuttle's orbit.

... What.the.hell?

That's so wrong i'm sorry... it just has to do with exposure time of the cameras. Due to the bright sunlight reflecting off the Earth, the shutter speed needs to be quick to get a good exposure. To get the faint starlight to expose on film, you need a long exposure time. It's as simple as that.

If light needed air, how would we get light from the Sun or see stars?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
just shamelessly plugging my shuttle themed thread, its my first and only. I hope all is well with the ATLANTIS. Bring her home safe people

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Shar,

Typically you will not see stars in the video simply because there light is below the resolution of the Camera being used. Just like if you walked outside at night and clicked off a few shots of Stars with any old Camera you'd end up with pictures of nothing but dark sky.

Hey thanks.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The object looks like a flat piece of transparent material that was possibly rolled into a tube like object then let loose during movement of the shuttle and got mangled somehow to look the way it does now. If you look at the pics you can easily see what i'm talking about. Toss a dryer sheet into a full sink of water to replicate this. Or maybe it's a space jellyfish....

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
space jellyfish is SO good fried, with some reeses pieces

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/19/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
It's supposed to mean the white circle you refer to is highlighting the object,It is not the object itself.

I get that but, look here _javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/tech/2006/09/19/vo.shuttle.debris.nasa','2006/09/26');

I thought that was it because if its that dot ,its just crap on the lens.In that shot
you can tell ,it moves with the camera.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The MMT meeting has gone an hour "long"... the suspense is palpable... and just for spice the TMA-9 is only 6 hours out of ISS dock... I love this stuff. I got an email back from an Arm trainer over in St. Hubert at CSA and "it's all hands on deck" there... stay tuned.

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Exactly, NASA arent hiding it, or playing it up because theres a more than excellent chance its mearly a piece of the shuttle.

Delaying the return is soley to ensure safety and that the craft hasnt sustained damage.

Sigh...

Its either aliens, or ww3 that will nxt grace mankind.

Here I thought we might of escaped the later.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This object here might be made of the material in tis object here

Could this be a new kind of alien lifeform? What could it be? Could there be a conection on these two?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NLDelta9

Originally posted by kuhl
It's supposed to mean the white circle you refer to is highlighting the object,It is not the object itself.

I get that but, look here _javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/tech/2006/09/19/vo.shuttle.debris.nasa','2006/09/26');

I thought that was it because if its that dot ,its just crap on the lens.In that shot
you can tell ,it moves with the camera.

Sorry m8 but your link isnt working, was it from here?

UFO VID LINK

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
are there old kinds of alien life forms

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Mod Reminder:

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

Due to the popularity of this discussion, please refrain from one liner responses and confine chit chat or off topic discussion to u2 exchanges if need be.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Someone at a diff. thread entitled "NASA(s) Ufo Slip Up live on CNN" says the first video played on CNN this morning showed much much more than we're seeing replayed. There were several objects manuevering, one of them a viewer says had a light(s) almost as bright as a star, but the camera was shifted...

Has anyone seen this? Can anyone get it?

And I've just watched the CNN footage of the object again speeding through our atmosphere. Why hasn't it descended, or burned up? How long is a piece of debris, if this is one, supposed to hurtle through the clouds?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i've never seen a flying balloon full of swamp gas so close to venus this time of year

is it possible this is a satellite of earthly origin? I like cabanmans comparison.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Fifth Horseman]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
is it possible that those things in the photos look like that because of hand movement while taking the picture and it leaves kind of a trail...... i dunno

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
they've confirmed on nasa tv that some photos of an object(is it the second one?) were taken and that they're still looking at those.
i hope somebody is recording this #.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
... What.the.hell?

That's so wrong i'm sorry... it just has to do with exposure time of the cameras. Due to the bright sunlight reflecting off the Earth, the shutter speed needs to be quick to get a good exposure. To get the faint starlight to expose on film, you need a long exposure time. It's as simple as that.

If light needed air, how would we get light from the Sun or see stars?

Very enLIGHTening. Thanks. I was just relating an explanation I had heard or read somewhere. Camera shutter speed makes a lot of sense. I also heard that that even with the naked eye stars are not visible because of the brilliance of the sun. The astronauts need to wait till their orbit takes them to the dark side of Earth before the stars become visible to them. I've never noticed but have the stars become visible when filmed from the night side of Earth?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have been on this since early this morning, I have not seen any extra footage that hasn't been played over all day. Had NASATV playing in the background at work all day long. Hopefully if the debris is from the shuttle, they get home safely.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth Horseman
are there old kinds of alien life forms

I would guess they probably evolved, so yes there is. But we haven't met any of those life forms either so any ET life form we encountered would be new. That's a good point on another illegitimate "coined phrase" we use all the time, we compare it wrongly to terra forms.

I'm kinda happy to see pictures of the "space jellyfish" because it doesn't look like a ceramic tile by a long shot. Maybe the other(s)? will follow suit.

Did anyone hear about an impact sensor on the wing going off at @ the same time or did I just miss this earlier? I don't remember reading that anywhere in this thread all day, but I heard it on the radio while driving home. Thanx-

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Listening to the audio on the NASA channel, the astronaut said, "You are going to think I am crazy, but something flew past our window." That's the quote.....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join