It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What kind of space junk is a perfect circle? mfile.akamai.com...

And why do they have to travel so fast to stay in orbit?

link   
I hope they get the Arm and OBSS back out and make sure cycling the aero surfaces or starting up an APU didn't shake something important loose.

My biggest concern would be that one of the transition "plates" between the wing and elevon on the belly side has gone AWOL. That'd be bad... ISS would be pretty crowded with a "safe-haven" scenario. I hope this is "nothing" and that the post-MMT briefing will clear it all up... STS-115 has been exciting and eventful.

Victor K.

link   
If I saw the second object outside the window of my shuttle I'm afraid I'd fill my space suit...

jra

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I haven't read through this whole thread, so if this has already been posted then sorry. But here are photos of the object.

unknown object

Doesn't look like much. Definately not some super secret Military/alien craft that's for sure.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by jra]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It looks like a tissue to me. Maybe I'm boring.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Pretty interesting watching them check over the orbiter with the boom camera in the cargo bay. I'd like to see them check the underside of the ship though. Wonder if they'll institute a more thourough check list for re-entry on subsequent flights?

link   

Originally posted by NLDelta9

There seems to be a lot of disinfo from new members in this thread.

Government intel agents???Well this is a consipricy site.

link   
Is there any possibility to watch CNN US somewere online?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

Originally posted by NLDelta9

There seems to be a lot of disinfo from new members in this thread.

Government intel agents???Well this is a consipricy site.

Whats that supposed to mean

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's supposed to mean the white circle you refer to is highlighting the object,It is not the object itself.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think you might have to pay for CNN live, but they have a radio link on their website:

www.cnn.com...

It's about halfway down the page on the left next to "Podcasts". It's called Listen to CNN Radio.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Please dont think im dumb for this question--but wheres the stars why cant we see them when the camera is panning around.

The reason I heard is because there is no air in space. Light requires air molecules to convey light to the eyes. But if this is the case then why can we see the earth from space unless there is still a trace of atmosphere at the level of the shuttle's orbit.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
somebody dropped a staple up there??? the first shot, the object looks like staple, but then from the sides, it takes on a more organic shape.

makes you wonder about that certain ufos might just be unclassified, unidentified organisms theory doesn't it?

can't spell today

[edit on 9-19-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well thankyou for at least trying to answer my question. Guess I have to do some studing.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It seems to me like NASA got in trouble with that object. They can't say it's a space junk couse it would make one hell of a coincidence for that to have those speeds and trajectrories. If they say it's a debris from Atlantis it would summon even more questions, and if so they can't make up that it is safe for landing because people would ask for a proof of that. That leaves them with an UFO.
I suspect, they will take the risk and say something like "we don't know what it is, but we are sure it's no threat to the mission."
Then, if it has anything to do with the aliens,... everything might end up very phracked up. Lets hope it wont.

On a side note: by "identified" they mean it was identified as an object. Still unknown object.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
somebody dropped a staple up there??? the first shot, the object looks like staple, but then from the sides, it takes on a more oganic shape.

makes you wonder about that certain ufos might just be unclassified, unidentified organisms theory doesn't it?

I agree I believe this is a UFO and for now it is unidentified,but that doesn't necesserily mean an Alien spacecraft,It could be one of any endless possibilities.

As humans I think it's in our nature to be intrigued and aspire to understand the unknown.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Shar,

Typically you will not see stars in the video simply because there light is below the resolution of the Camera being used. Just like if you walked outside at night and clicked off a few shots of Stars with any old Camera you'd end up with pictures of nothing but dark sky.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Well thankyou for at least trying to answer my question. Guess I have to do some studing.

You're welcome. I too need to study considerabely more to learn how the universe operates.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
the CHALLENGER COLUMBUS ENDEAVORs for the DISCOVERY of ATLANTIS
I love wordplay, or is it?www.abovetopsecret.com...

any takers this story goes away?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth Horseman
the CHALLENGER COLUMBUS ENDEAVORs for the DISCOVERY of ATLANTIS
I love wordplay, or is it?www.abovetopsecret.com...

any takers this story goes away?

I'm not sure I understand your point correctly.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join