It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
my goodness, no wonder nasa dosnt want to tell people there could be something out there. i think you all would faint from fear.

Nobody here sounds frightened to me. They sound intrigued and curious but not the slightest bit frightened. We want to know what's out there.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is what CNN is saying right now:

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- NASA postponed the return of space shuttle Atlantis for at least a day after a small, mysterious object apparently fell off the ship in orbit Tuesday and raised fears that the spacecraft might not be able to make the journey home.

edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 19/9/2006 by rai76]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
This is what CNN is saying right now:

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- NASA postponed the return of space shuttle Atlantis for at least a day after a small, mysterious object apparently fell off the ship in orbit Tuesday and raised fears that the spacecraft might not be able to make the journey home.

edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 19/9/2006 by rai76]

I figured it was just space junk.
There is NO WAY they would air a live UFO.
But then again, I am wrong about a lot of things.
Just like everyone else, I would LOVE for this to be an alien

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Looking at the photo's again, I'm going to guess weather balloon. I didn't think a weather balloon could get into space, but it does look like a folded translucent balloon.

If that's a weather balloon, then NASA has been wasting a lot of time and money on rockets. They can send the astronauts into orbit in a balloon. Wonder why they never thought of that?

It's not a weather balloon. Obviously, it's high altitude swamp gas. Or Venus.

Actually, to me it [the second picture] looked like a floating piece of cloth.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

if its trackable by Norad then its a pretty big peice of the shuttle

Not necessarily, NORAD has several X-Band BMD radars that are used to track and identify decoys from enemy nuclear warheads. These are extremely powerful and precise radars, they can track VERY small objects in space.

Furthermore from everything I've heard it's nothing more than space debris, whether from the shuttle or from past space missions I cannot say. You wouldn't believe how polluted LEO is with manmade debris.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
is that whatever it was that hit the wing of the shuttle, was something from the exterior or interior that is required for re-entry.

NASA TV is airing the inspection live for the most past as they survey the shuttle to see if they can determine what may have been lost, and whether it was a required item, for a safe re-entry and landing.

It looked like a flat panel of some kind to me, toppling and wobbling as they filmed it...the distance was too far and resolution to small to see if it was a tile from the exterior or some covering of a sort...

Extremely doubtful that it's extraterrestrial...no earmarks of the traditional sighting.

Constant speed, same path as the shuttle, no deviance from the path...like sharp turns, disappearances, accelerations....

Best safe than sorry...I think it's good they're holding off until they can be relatively sure of the safety issues. Too much at stake.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I am still stuck here at work, no contact with the outside world. Anything new to report?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
With all of the debris that seems to be causing so many problems, we'd better get some space-trash collection service to clean up some of that mess we're leaving out there

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
listening to live data and the astronaut just asked what they are to do with the increased traffic up there.

Go to nasa tv now if you can

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I don't know what you guys think, but it's so cool hearing them communicating with Atlantis, ISS station and the other spacecraft, it's so amazing.

Houston was joking saying that they thought of hirering extra traffic commanders cause it's so crowded in space now lol

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by radardog
It's not a weather balloon. Obviously, it's high altitude swamp gas. Or Venus.

Actually, to me it [the second picture] looked like a floating piece of cloth.

LOL! You could be right! That might be a negligé that fell out of the woman's compartment.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hmm i am listening now and they are talking about their families, not ET !!!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I follow this and that is the crux. i so hope for them.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
man that must be scary for the austronauts.Ok people lets think for once that this may not be what we think it is...i mean it could be a major disaster if they try to re-enter the atmophser.

link   
Did everyone just hear what the lady astronaut said about.... there are a lot of things up here you really can't explain...until you see them...?

[edit on 19/9/2006 by kuhl]

link   
I'm thinking that.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
can someone provide the link to the nasa live feed? i believe they are holding a press conference at 6pm eastern through that site and I would like to watch

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuterSpaceMaster
can someone provide the link to the nasa live feed? i believe they are holding a press conference at 6pm eastern through that site and I would like to watch

www.nasa.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">LIVE NASA FEED

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Very soon on CNN Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, they're about to cover the NASA story for those who want to watch!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join