It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
what kind of plastic bags are they carrying up in space? couldn't they have unpacked the groceries before they left earth?

It's a shame that we are polluting space now too, I thought flying garbage bags was only a problem for our roads and highways, next thing you know, planes will start being affected by them.

anyways, I'm confused now... the white staple jellyfish thing is the plastic bag and the black dot is the shimstock? or is it the other way around?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Neither object could be the shimstock, from the description he gave its a pretty small piece of plastic, and that dark object going over the clouds looked miles away. Theres no way you'd see it 500 metres away, let alone how far that was. And as for a plastic bag for the pictures the astronaut took outside the shuttle window
, yeah right

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yes I think this is BS too unless the plastic bag came from STS-115. Otherwise they would have already known it was there from ongoing surveillance of space debris.

Yeah because a plastic bag can be tracked by radar and sensors.
Most metallic space debris can be tracked and there is a known layer of debris in LEO that is hazardous to spacecraft and one that will only grow over the years even threatening satellites one day. This is nothing interesting IMO, I only hope that Atlantics has a safe reentry.

Theres no way you'd see it 500 metres away, let alone how far that was.

You don't know the actual size of the object, perhaps general, and you have no reference point to judge distance, furthermore you don't know if the camera was zoomed in not.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
what kind of plastic bags are they carrying up in space? couldn't they have unpacked the groceries before they left earth?

It's a shame that we are polluting space now too, I thought flying garbage bags was only a problem for our roads and highways, next thing you know, planes will start being affected by them.

anyways, I'm confused now... the white staple jellyfish thing is the plastic bag and the black dot is the shimstock? or is it the other way around?

The "space baggie" unfortunately landed in the blow hole of an ET that was trying to make contact & killed it! What you are looking at is the first official picture of a dead ET. ( It's corpse is the "staple".).

I bet the galactic chapter of PETA is gonna be pissed!

They don't know yet what they're looking at. They're showing photos of the debris now & are speculating still? Or acting like they're speculating. . .

spelling

[edit on 19-9-2006 by 2PacSade]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just in case Nasa does see some freaky alien craft. I would think, from now on all the video cameras on the shuttle need to be fitted with devices that can measure distance... If we know the distance of the unexplained object, we could gauge it's size, unfortunately in this video we can't determine that.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i dont know that much about the temp. up there in space but i think its really cold?? i mean really cold? wouldnt a plastic bag freeze solid? i dont know i feel stupid for asking. is this thing changing shape? or is it staying the same shape? if it is staying the same shape maybe it froze and is a plastic bag? i dont know. help

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When looking at the second object I got this deja vu feeling. It hit me a while later. Remember the Superman movie when he imprisoned the criminals in the dimensional sphere. This object sort of reminds me of the image they were imprisoned in.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I just hope, for NASA's sake, no more of these plastic bags start showing up or the shimstock starts executing complex maneuvers. It would be a bit more difficult to explain these things away then. The film would probably just be edited anyway so, there's little chance we would see anything of that sort. They have to be careful with those civilian tourists though, one of these space tours may reveal things to them that we are not supposed to know about and they might talk once they get back down.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
i dont know that much about the temp. up there in space but i think its really cold?? i mean really cold? wouldnt a plastic bag freeze solid? i dont know i feel stupid for asking. is this thing changing shape? or is it staying the same shape? if it is staying the same shape maybe it froze and is a plastic bag? i dont know. help

But if it's in view of the sun it would be totally the other way round.

This has to be far away if it's going in & out of cloud cover. This object looks nothing like the space bag, it's tumbling, it looks very rigid, and if it's a bag, it would have to be huge at this distance. I'm sure they would be able to ID it.

Westpoint brought up that fact recent, and another post stated the even NORAD has ( Z-ban??? ) radar that could track objects like this.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade

This has to be far away if it's going in & out of cloud cover.

It was nowhere near the clouds. The Clouds were just in the background. The "debris" was in co-orbit with the Shuttle.

link   
NORAD has radars that can track solid objects in space, especially metallic ones, however I don't think they can track a plastic bag in space.

link   
As far as I know, these are all of the pictures that have been released of the second object outside the shuttle window:

Notice how the two pictures, the object has the same basic incomplete ring (straight edge with two curves that dont quite meet), but in the second pic, the object has morphed and has like a trailing shail.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It's kinda beutiful after it morphs and develops that billowy veil. Looks like white lace.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

Originally posted by NLDelta9

Originally posted by kuhl

Sorry m8 but your link isnt working, was it from here?

UFO VID LINK

Here it looks like dirt on the cam,because it shakes with the cam
www.cnn.com...

Its them faking

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Originally posted by 2PacSade

This has to be far away if it's going in & out of cloud cover.

It was nowhere near the clouds. The Clouds were just in the background. The "debris" was in co-orbit with the Shuttle.

The first video I watched looked like it would appear & dissappear. The last one I just watched you are totally right!

link   
I just watched the video on msnbc.com and they state that NORAD... is ...I reapeat... is... tracking the object. In order to track on object that far up...doesn't it have to be pretty large?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by iggster]

link   
This was the Picture and blowup that was used in the MMT briefing earlier of the second object.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
NORAD has radars that can track solid objects in space, especially metallic ones, however I don't think they can track a plastic bag in space.

How do they mistake migrations of birds & stuff like that for potential aircraft? Doesn't stealth technology rely on mis representations like this? I'm just askin. Thanx-

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iggster
I just watched the video on msnbc.com and they state that NORAD... is ...I reapeat... is... tracking the object. In order to track on object that far up...doesn't it have to be pretty large?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by iggster]

This is what my question was about. I thought that any object could be tracked, even if it isn't metallic, and especially if it's very large.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
New pics with more UFOs

[ URL=http://img21.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=14478_46_122_579lo.jpg]
[/URL][URL =http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=14483_81_122_428lo.jpg]
[/URL]

Those are jelly fish

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join