It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by classified material
Listening to the audio on the NASA channel, the astronaut said, "You are going to think I am crazy, but something flew past our window." That's the quote.....

What time did you hear that and was it on NASA T.V. ?

I have the last hour and a half so I could go back and comfirm that.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
NASA Live on the Internet just announced that the meeting regarding this object (no mention of objects plural) will convene soon and they will give a briefing. It's now 7:03pm EST, Tues., Sept. 19, 2006.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
The MMT meeting has gone an hour "long"... the suspense is palpable... and just for spice the TMA-9 is only 6 hours out of ISS dock... I love this stuff. I got an email back from an Arm trainer over in St. Hubert at CSA and "it's all hands on deck" there... stay tuned.

Victor K.

How do you know all this stuff? Anyhow, keep us updated

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A thought just occurred to me... wouldn't it be possible to use the Arm/OBSS and it's fancy stereo-laser imaging stuff for the hull inspections and point it at the non-jellyfish "co-orbital" object? Any return data would be better than nothing?

Victor K.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Government intel agents???Well this is a consipricy site.

Naaaaaaah. All my disintel buddies are too busy with the terrorism forum to be bothered to disintel on space debris.

Sorry kuhl .. just had to get ya!

In all seriousness ... I fear this is debris from the shuttle. The bolts falling away during the space walk were a bad omen. It made me nervous. So does this.

[edit on 9/19/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
could someone post a link to the site to where this conference is going to be on, i think i missed it earlier

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here is the NASA link if anyones missed it.

www.nasa.gov...

Briefing in a few mins.

( p.s. classified material , when did you hear that quote and was it on NASA T.V. ? )

[edit on 19-9-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Fox news, ( TV ), stated that the impact sensor on the wing recorded 8 impacts? Did anyone else hear this? I didn't hear it on the live feed but I was a bit late.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hale looks calm... jellyfish = plastic bag... Oh...Kay fer now... looks like stuff I've seen when swimming in the Gulf tho'... that's right up there with Storey Musgrave's Space-eel... the other object? Triangle-tumble thing perhaps-shim... don't they have hand-held laser range finders on board? They have before. Uh, correct me if I"m wrong but can't Space Command track stuff "inches" in size... cool there gonna use OBSS... I hope it all goes well. I wonder how much sleep 115's crew got last night?

Fingers crossed,

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The wing impact sensors were determined to have been caused by a hydrolic system.

So that's likely not a concern.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The guy said, they probably won't bring the shuttle home till Thursday or Friday.

the "object" could be shimstock, ice, etc.. not sure, they're going to look over the entire shuttle tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
The guy said, they probably won't bring the shuttle home till Thursday or Friday.

the "object" could be shimstock, ice, etc.. not sure, they're going to look over the entire shuttle tomorrow.

He stated that all the shim stock should have all been removed, and they did see a piece of this near the, ( I think he said cargo bay doors ), and that's what they think the jellyfish could be.

ADD:They were noticed on the External Tank umbilical doors.

edit to add remark

[edit on 19-9-2006 by 2PacSade]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
did they just refer to the first object as a plastic bag???

second jellyfish staple is shimstock, first object is a plastic bag type object, what's next?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It could be an interdimensional alien spacecraft that has returned to Earth to which it seeded with their own DNA to collect their offspring and initiate phase two.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The space station atmosphere was contaminated by an internal system leak. NASA said they were going to clean the atmosphere and that would mean a venting (dumping) of the contaminated atmosphere and contaminants. This would stream out behind the space station from the US lab module (pointing towards earth). The atmosphere makeup of humidity and oxygen/nit/contaminants could solidify in space vacuum (-35 degrees F) ... aka 'Super Cooling'. The frozen cloud would sink because the gravity would pull on the mass. The wiggly space worm could very well be a gas cloud from the space station dump. Moving is due to gravitational and thermal forces on the frozen cloud.

Should be gone tomorrow ... dissipate in the atmosphere as it gets closer to earth atmosphere.

whatdaya think?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
did they just refer to the first object as a plastic bag???

second jellyfish staple is shimstock, first object is a plastic bag type object, what's next?

He said the bags are things they've see before.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hale, "We see this sort of thing fairly routinely"... Baggies?!! Jellyfish? OK, Mr. Hale if you say so... First time I've heard that officially... how well do plastic bags do at 250+ F and 250-F? Hmmm...

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hale said that they still don't know what the first object is, and the second object might be "Ice" or possibly a "plastic bag". Ice is really unlikely.

The MMT debate was if they found the piece of shemstock that was sticking out is missing could they stop there and conclude that is what the first object was.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Hale, "We see this sort of thing fairly routinely"... Baggies?!! Jellyfish? OK, Mr. Hale if you say so... First time I've heard that officially... how well do plastic bags do at 250+ F and 250-F? Hmmm...

Victor K.

Yes I think this is BS too unless the plastic bag came from STS-115. Otherwise they would have already known it was there from ongoing surveillance of space debris.

ADD:Could be specially made for space?

edit to add remark

Have you ever cooked a pot roast?

edit to add remark

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join