It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5,000 high resolution moon mission pictures

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Lol that's easy. It helps to be a photographer. One, the shot is highly overexposed anyway, and two, the landscape behind the lander could be hilly, and as we know the lunar titanium surface is highly reflective. Hence, moonlight.

jra

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So if the sun is behind the lander...evident because of A) the shadow...and oh yeah B) The sun.. how is the front of the lander facing the camera getting light? Shouldn't it be black silohette?

Hmmmm

Not really. Don't forget about all the ground around the LM that isn't in the shadow. It's all reflecting the light, as is the astronaut's bright white suit while he's standing in the Sun light.

Originally posted by SteveR
and as we know the lunar titanium surface is highly reflective. Hence, moonlight.

Since when was the lunar surface made of titanium? I know there is some on the moon, but we're talking about an estimated 0.122% here.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If you search around you'll find that the moon dust on the surface has the titanium. It's well known...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Lol that's easy. It helps to be a photographer. One, the shot is highly overexposed anyway, and two, the landscape behind the lander could be hilly, and as we know the lunar titanium surface is highly reflective. Hence, moonlight.

WOW No wonder the Aliens are mining it!! We better get back up there and kick them out before its all gone!!

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
the pictures that really got me thinking were the kind like these:

now, everyone should find it simple to say there is mud on the lens. well, there's a problem with that. if the moon is a vacuum, the water in the mud should completely boil away nearly instantaneously. water cannot be liquid in a vacuum. so how is there clearly water on the lens if the moon is a vacuum?

just some food for thought.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369

Ummmm how about oil from the camera mechanism? Or developer fluid when they printed the negatives or prints on earth?

Food for thought LOL

:shk:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369

Ummmm how about oil from the camera mechanism? Or developer fluid when they printed the negatives or prints on earth?

Food for thought LOL

:shk:

does oil retain liquid form in a vacuum? or does it sublimate?

and i've never seen oil spatter so thinly like that. there are streaks all over. oil globs up. not sure how oil would react on the moon, but i can't see it hanging around long in a vacuum.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Ummm the image was taken on the moon...

the picture developed on earth...

and I doubt its the ORIGINAL

Now then anyone found one that has clouds in the sky yet? I know there are 1 or 2 in that bunch, but I forget which one...

Oh wait... can't be any clouds... or haze... no atmosphere there...

[edit on 28-9-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
just in case no ine notice
theres a parent directory here

with more stuff

a the hold folder has some strange pics of an old town. it could easily just be the camera but i thought the bright light next to the dark spot might be interesting

[edit on 28-9-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think this photo is intresting i no its all ready been talked about but i think people mabay have missed the ROD looking thing poking up from the hill in the distance theres relly 2 rod looking things save it on yer computer and invert the image you can see better !!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Ummm the image was taken on the moon...

the picture developed on earth...

and I doubt its the ORIGINAL

Now then anyone found one that has clouds in the sky yet? I know there are 1 or 2 in that bunch, but I forget which one...

Oh wait... can't be any clouds... or haze... no atmosphere there...

[edit on 28-9-2006 by zorgon]

please find the clouded pictures
i'd love to see them.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Whew! Quite the folder. The link is still good, I dug into a couple of these and wow, are they pretty. Maybe the Moons experts should take a look if missed the first time around -- thread is from last year.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Every picture link you guys are posting is coming up "image is not found" are they being deleted??

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
great thread, a shame none of the links you guys posted work anymore

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DalairTheGreat

None of these links are working???????????

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow, these are beautiful! Will take sometime to download them all

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Just catching this thread now, and it seems all the links posted on this and other pages are no longer valid.
So. I did a google for all variations of AS15-92-12490HR.jpg with hyphens at different locations, and.... nothing. Is it possible that these photos have been expunged from the public record?
Please shed some light on this. This should not be happening. JPL/NASA should leave those file names intact for reference purposes. Seems someone is playing games with file names.
Also all webpage links are dead.
What gives?
And thanks for your posts.
I just wish I could see what is being discussed.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the o.k.
reply to post by Acharya

Just catching this thread now, and it seems all the links posted on this and other pages are no longer valid.

Also all webpage links are dead.
What gives?

My thoughts exactly...what the heck is up with that? NONE of the links work anymore. It seems every picture that was linked to by ATS is now deleted from the server... Maybe I'm too paranoid, but this can't be good!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DrLeary

Are we the only guys here that are concerned about this--- or is there an easy answer, and we missed it?

More censorship of public data?
Anyone?
Buehler?
Anyone?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The links are down, that is strange, i remember this thread from back in the day, and any of theose 5000 pics are worth putting up as a destop background, and you could have a diffrent background everyday for almost 20 years!

And before we go sayin that the pics were removed, mabye the file directory has been changed.

And upon further review, it was! All pics now on the link provied in the Orginal Post have been posted on April 2007, months after the OP posted the link.

also, it seems that this directory is not the NASA directory, but is the Hard drive contents of someone PC.... As in the directory there are TONS of other files.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join