It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5,000 high resolution moon mission pictures

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The lunar module is in the background, and three astronauts grinning with their helmets off, standing in a lunar-like landscape, but obviously on earth.

grin.hq.nasa.gov...

I found that image in a smaller archive:

grin.hq.nasa.gov...

[edit on 17-9-2006 by Acharya]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hobo_321
I just had an amazing thought.

If i were neil armstrong or buzz aldrin i would have written my name in really big letters in the dust/sand (whatever you want to call it) on the moon, knowing that people would probably be looking at it for decades through telescopes.

LOL. Nice thought.

Originally posted by jritzmann
I'm not saying anything. Just overlay the UFO image onto the object in Photoshop and reduce opacity by 50 percent.

It's interesting.

That's exactly what I had in mind when I first saw this. We're not looking at a "lens flare" here. Fascinating... thanks for that.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
grin.hq.nasa.gov...

is an old NASA image of scientists working with a pressurization tank. Look at the board in the left corner, it contains a image of a zeppelin and some sausers:

Found the image in this smaller archive:

grin.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Great find!

Haha, this is groundbreaking.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hmmm... so in TWO separate images we have lens flares that look like Gulf Breeze UFOs? Interesting.

And that orange "worm" thing... not convinced about it being alive but I'd have been very curious about it,

Did anyone notice the video of the shuttle incident (sts-107) in the root directory? Kind of fun.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
AND.. between shots, the altitude increases and they tilt.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
UFO:

Huge towering "obelisk" inside crater:

There is water in them rocks:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Firstly, I appreciate your diligent work here!

The UFO you show seemed to me like the crescent of the Earth. So I figured with some enlargement and enhancement, I would see more of the Earth's shape.

Didn't work. Infact, what did come up was evidence of tampering. Notice the black marks?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Firstly, I appreciate your diligent work here!

The UFO you show seemed to me like the crescent of the Earth. So I figured with some enlargement and enhancement, I would see more of the Earth's shape.

Didn't work. Infact, what did come up was evidence of tampering. Notice the black marks?

It could also be a chemical damage to the film, or that the UFO actually has that form except for the illuminated part.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya

Wow. Either that's liquid, or some kind of very shiny volcanic glass?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchEngine
You're right. Unless that's the shape of the dish, it looks like there's a piece cut out.

Also, we really don't know the source of these photos. Thank you for the link though. A lot of photos to check out.

Source is

Record Type: IP Address

OrgName: Lynchburg College
OrgID: LYNCHB
Address: 1501 Lakeside Drive
City: Lynchburg
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 24501

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That in the sky doesn't look like the Earth to me... look at the shape. Could it be an error in processing?

I wonder why everyone forgets the command module is up there in Lunar orbit and can be seen from the moon quite easily

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Iron oxide afterall! Oxygen!

Are there small amounts in the lunar atmosphere?

Iron Oxide can be formed in volcanos It does not need an oxygen atmosphere

Quartz Mica and Feldspar are the three main minerals in granite which make up a lot of rock on earth...
Quartz is silcon dioxide [oxygen again
] quartx erodes and becomes sand... all the sand on earth is mostly quartz ie silicon dioxide. Go look at any Lava flow on earth you will see iron oxide

You will find that most rocks have oxygen in the formula and MANY have the hydroxyl radical in the formula and guess what Those break down and form water

As to zinc it is highly unusual to find that in magma as zinc burns at low temperatures...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Thought this was something else. It's the orbiter.

[edit on 2006917 by NJ Mooch]

[edit on 2006917 by NJ Mooch]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This thread / post by Acharya is worth more than the vote I cast (and it has been a while since I have voted for anyone) Well deserved.

"You have voted Acharya for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hi this is my first offical post here and thought you will find this of interest. I saw the link in a post further up and checked it out and by a fluke i clicked on this magazine. What do you think this could be. It seems to be moving!!!

www.lpi.usra.edu...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Regards

Ironfist

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by livingtribunal23
This to me looks abit photoshopped. It screams fake to me, look at the satellite dishes at the top left of the lander.

Also, i can clearly see blue sky and some buildings reflecting from the top of it.

We need that frame to be confirmed by NASA

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by krif

This to me looks abit photoshopped. It screams fake to me, look at the satellite dishes at the top left of the lander.

Also, i can clearly see blue sky and some buildings reflecting from the top of it.

We need that frame to be confirmed by NASA

You dont need to get it confirmed; the same image, but in a lower resolution, is in a public Apollo archive here:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Have to agree, this picture looks very odd...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Holy snaps! Did you see the pic labeled "Mystery-Shadow"? In the Temp file.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join