It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
I think it's an antenna too.
Sorry! : )
They need some way to communicate with each other don't they?

Hmmm maybe I thought they used hand signals
Yeah I know its an antenna... I was using it to debunk the moon hoax video... wires indeed...

:shk:

Originally posted by anathema777
Here is a picture of the south pole changes on MARS.

Does it look like structures being erected over time to anyone else? And Ron, do you see any crazy shapes in this picture? Or possibly MARS structures?

I am afraid I am going to have to go with CO2 ice on this one... I have a whole collection of ice cap changes especially the geysers and the levitating ice fields.

landoflegends.us...

and

landoflegends.us...

This image though we should make into a gif animation... It would be dramatic.. but I don't think these ones are structures

BTW the Moon Menu and the Mars Menu are updated... more stuff added hopefully easier to find..

landoflegends.us...

landoflegends.us...

And check out these sand dunes

Barsoom is truly an Alien world...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
That's a really neat picture

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Anyone wanna help me identify what the hell that circle is up in the top right of this moon photo?

Not having any luck with the circle in the top right...

Here is what I have on that image...

The Image number is AP970509. It is a self portrait taken by Conrad for publicity. In the original appearance it was exhibited very dark.

"Explanation: Is it art? In November of 1969, Apollo 12 astronaut photographer Charles "Pete" Conrad recorded this masterpiece while documenting colleague Alan Bean's lunar soil collection activities on the Oceanus Procellarum. The image is dramatic and stark. Bean is faceless - the harsh environment of the Moon's Ocean of Storms is echoed in his helmet's perfectly composed reflection of Conrad and the lunar horizon. Works of photojournalists originally intent on recording the human condition on planet Earth, such as Lewis W. Hine and Margaret Bourke-White are widely regarded as photographic art. Similarly many documentary astronomy and space images can be appreciated for their artistic and esthetic appeal."

SOURCE APOD

Peekaboo... When enhanced, the above result appears in the photo. I get the same result from different versions of the photo from various sources.

The above labels speak for themselves on what I see in this image so far. I can not make out anything in the "haze" at the top to form an opinion. My biggest problem with this image is that the smallest rock leaves a sharp black shadow, yet the camera on his chest leaves none...

The Earth is very small in this image, in direct contrast to others we have seen. But in this image the sunlight is from the left, slightly behind bean... so why is the terminator on Earth on the LEFT side?

Here is a larger version

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Originally posted by papajake John, they might find a chair, but hopefully they are going to be bare-ass naked and completely exposed. And most of those blinded by their B.S. will finally open their eyes.

While this is posted for John, I would like to interject here if I may.

Now why would they go and do such a thing? Especially considering what a narrow segment of the public actually finds this interesting?

What if, and I am saying "what if", which is speculation, one of the reasons NASA was created just for this very purpose? To hide a secret of such profound and sweeping porportions? Such an action would negate an agency's very existence, which is contrary to its survival.

So not to get your hopes up, they may, but it assuredly will not happen in our lifetimes, unless there is a major uphevil in our system which has not happened since the Civil War. That is what it would take, IMO.

Hi Matyas,

My comment was coming mostly from a place of frustration and anger, with a hint of hope thrown in for good measure. I don't actually believed NASA will expose the truth. Not on their own, anyway. My thoughts are more in line with your above statement.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
John,

I was wondering if there are any Russian photos that could be accessed and viewed or do they employ the same type of secrecy (airbushing and/or retouching) as is used by the US?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jblaze
John,

I was wondering if there are any Russian photos that could be accessed and viewed or do they employ the same type of secrecy (airbushing and/or retouching) as is used by the US?

Thanks.

The only good source of Russian photos we have found so far are here:

www.mentallandscape.com...

The reports say there are thousands, but the best we have is that set and some scans from old books...

Russians? Secrecy? Hmmmm Most people outside ATS still don't know the Russians has a Space Shuttle

Oy

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If this has been covered I apologize... but...

being bored with ATS today, I decided to do some surfing and was reading up on The Earth, The Moon, Galaxies, etc.

It hit me right in the face...

You mean to tell me that we have telescopes that can take pictures of different Galaxies, but not one that would show these "objects" on the moon?

Just doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

You mean to tell me that we have telescopes that can take pictures of different Galaxies, but not one that would show these "objects" on the moon?

Ah isn't enlightenment a wonderful thing?

Just to recap... and because I Love these pictures... and I think they were in the Clementine thread...

Aristarchus Crater Clementine Satellite 1994 Supposedly "false" color well not going there again... 200 million dollar satellite...

Aristarchus Crater Mike's Astroimagery United Kingdom, 10" Telescope Dec 2005... Less than $1,000.00 ...at US prices...

Ummm so why is his picture, taken with poor viewing conditions better than the satelllte image?

Getting the picture yet?

:bash:

LOL welcome to the awakening

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Makes me wonder why more "amature" astronomers have not "seen the light"....

I might have to buy a telescope and get involved...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Makes me wonder why more "amature" astronomers have not "seen the light"....

I might have to buy a telescope and get involved...

Because most don't even try. Now with the advent of good quality digital cameras its getting easier. I wrote to a guy with a 16" in the Bahamas and asked him about taking a color shot... here is his reply:

Have you ever tried it Ron?

This is about as coloured as it gets Ron.

Two reasons for the yellow , 1 the sun is a bit yellow 2. the atmosphere pinches some blue .

1. It is possible to do an RGB image of the moon , but as it comes out pretty well mono,it a bit of a wasted effort. BUT saying that, I will try it when the Moon is lowish, to see if it has a little more lustre than the rather flat looking added yellow of the attached image.

Maximum resolution for me, comes from imaging it with a red filter as this longer wavelength is less upset by the turbulent atmosphere.

cheers

Dave Tyler

I then sent him Mikes images and I never heard back..

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Anyone wanna help me identify what the hell that circle is up in the top right of this moon photo?

Not having any luck with the circle in the top right...

Here is what I have on that image...

Peekaboo... When enhanced, the above result appears in the photo. I get the same result from different versions of the photo from various sources.

Dude you did a kick ass job of taking that picture I posted a part. Glad we both see the same peakaboo, and if the bright object on the left is the Earth then what in gods name is that circle? I can say one thing for sure, it's not "nothing", it's for sure "something". Is this picture created with layers of other pictures? I just can't wrap my head around what that object might be. I'm about to contact NASA about this one. Any advice as to what route to take in this matter bud?

[edit on 22-3-2007 by anathema777]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by papajake My comment was coming mostly from a place of frustration and anger, with a hint of hope thrown in for good measure. I don't actually believed NASA will expose the truth. Not on their own, anyway. My thoughts are more in line with your above statement.

I deal with the same issues over alternative energy, alternative propulsion, peak oil, global warming, 9/11, JFK assination, you name it. The game is all about unconstruing all the lies...

And then to be called a liar on top of it all, well that just takes it! No, no, not you, but in various and sundry times I am accused of lying, along with others here and outside, and it just seems such a travesty that the very mission we have at heart for the betterment of humanity we wind up getting the shaft for.

Yep, I know where you are coming from. Gotta love 'em!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by anathema777 I'm about to contact NASA about this one. Any advice as to what route to take in this matter bud?

LOL last time I asked a NASA historian a simple question about an old file it bounced through five departments... you would not believe where the fifth response came from. I have probably every number of everybody in here somewhere... good question Let me think on it

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Here is a very interesting photo taken of the eastern half of the far side of the moon by Zond 7. Dead center is Grimaldi. Center left in Mare Orientale. Up in the top right is Sinus Iridum. Look around, there are some interesting shapes.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Ah isn't enlightenment a wonderful thing?

Just to recap... and because I Love these pictures... and I think they were in the Clementine thread...

Aristarchus Crater Clementine Satellite 1994 Supposedly "false" color well not going there again... 200 million dollar satellite...

Aristarchus Crater Mike's Astroimagery United Kingdom, 10" Telescope Dec 2005... Less than $1,000.00 ...at US prices...

Ummm so why is his picture, taken with poor viewing conditions better than the satelllte image?

Getting the picture yet?

:bash:

LOL welcome to the awakening

Now those are what the Clementine images should have been.
Cmon NASA what gives.
And I still see some missed odddities in the current Clementine color 40 xx images available from Nasa. Heres a link to my Interesting Images of Moon annomolies and etc...
new.photos.yahoo.com...

[edit on 22-3-2007 by VType]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here is a clip from the above far side photo of the moon (Zond 7). It looks like some kind of huge arch in that crater.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Here is a clip from the above far side photo of the moon (Zond 7). It looks like some kind of huge arch in that crater.

Construction of the first lunar MickeyD's? they are half way there...

What I like too is that huge quantset type building with the massive "garage door" just to the left of the arch on top of the crater... That is pretty interesting feature I would say...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
In this photo (Zond 7) it appears there are a number of large tubular structures.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wow, nice find John...

We should try tracking down as many people who have a decent enough telescope, and ask for some pictures. Hell, I'm sure we could put together a few bucks if needed. Might be worth it...

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Found this on the www.mentallandscape.com... image

Maybe just a camera glitch?

new topics

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join