It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Even if the moon has a breathable atmosphere, NASA says "don't take off that space suit"...

Can you tell me why an astonaut turns to dust if they take their suit off while on the moon?

I believe the answer has to do with equilibrium thermodynamics. There is no water in the Moon's (almost non-existent) atmosphere and so the water would get sucked out of the astronaut's unsuited body in an effort to even out the water vapour pressure over the Moon's surface. Since there is so little water in the astronaut's body compared to Moon surface, the water leaves the body very quickly and very completely, leaving behind dry dust.

sse.jpl.nasa.gov...

Of course the bones might take a little longer.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
As promised, the first set of images from the site, linked a couple pages back. These are the Apollo images.

www.thestargates.com...

they've all been batch converted to .png files so the problem with the .tiff files trying to open in quicktime is gone, for those who had that problem, anyway.

working on clementine at the moment, so that folder won't be usable for awhile. it takes hours to upload these via FTP, i'm not sure why. clementine had fewer images available on the site, so the process should be quicker than apollo was, which took two days of upload time.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by undo]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Great job undo! I couldn't have done it and I don't think we needed another demoralizing blow like that last link.

No doubt Zorgon is still waiting on that transport, and I have seen enough theories to last several lifetimes!

And they all have merit!

But as soon as I get done with tax season I plan on hunkering down with Dr. Phillips' work. Yuck, however this one has a little something special the others dont. I can explain it later.

Still, don't hold your breath Zorgon, its going to take a while

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
welcome

clem is done (clementine)
working on galileo

thestargates.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
John, since many think there is no or little water on or inside the Moon and biological life need water could they be transporting water from Earth? Rik

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
rik,

i'm not john but if you read the data on their proposed south pole lunar base,
the regolith and rocks, when processed release various byproducts.
in the case of helium 3 processing, the byproduct is water and oxygen.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
galileo is done,
working on gemini

thestargates.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
isn't this cool ?

Kids / Young adults back in the 50's, 60's and 70's would daydream and wonder about space and moon bases...

we're actually living it out right now... we're seeing what actually could be the moon bases and operations on the moon...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

No doubt Zorgon is still waiting on that transport, and I have seen enough theories to last several lifetimes!

And they all have merit!

Yes no doubt!!

So pick one, put down the chalk and get out to the garage and pick up a tool

:shk:

Ain't GOT several lifetimes ya know...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Here is one I have been saving....

Remember the PIA series of NASA images?

[we have used one for Copernicus remember? The one we overlaid John's pictures onto?]

Well children... here is the whole list...

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov... all 9226 of them in Jpg of course...

But Hehehe

Here is the access to the TIFFS...

Hope you have space for these Undo....

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Seems if you change the word jpeg in the url to tiff.... VOILA

Okay I go to work now see you later

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
oh my go..............................!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thank you Undo on info about processing water and helium 3 from certain Moon rocks. Do you happen to know the average amount of water extracted per ton from the Moon rocks? Would the mining operations have to centrifuge, hydraulic press, or suction the pulverized rock to extract the water or is there another process I am not familiar with in seperation?

Does the PH have to be changed or lowered to 2 and brought up to 9 to precipitate out the other metals in the Moon rock? I relize that NASA would have to extrapilate upward their finding with much less Moon rock. I do not have the answers maybe you do. Maybe John being in the mining business might share some thougths on the matter. Rik Riley

[edit on 28-3-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
info on helium 3 mining

Popular Mechanics
www.popularmechanics.com...

Space.com
www.space.com...

University of Wisconsin Madison (pdf file)
fti.neep.wisc.edu...

Wired News
www.wired.com...

not sure if these answer your questions

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
gemini done.
hst done.
working on luna3
thestargates.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
luna3 done,
working on lunar orbiter, which is as big as apollo was. this will take awhile,
then on to the huge site zorgon linked.

thestargates.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow quite a bit of centralised imagery you are compiling undo. And thanks for the use of it. I too have been trying to save my Nasa clementine moon imagery as well as some early 60's encylopidia Moon images as I want to see if these have ever been or redoctored in the future for comparisons. This Whole process of images and factual info is a Great Work indeed and you get my Way Above vote for these efforts.
Thanks again Mr Lear,Zorgon,undo and the rest of you as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Wow quite a bit of centralised imagery you are compiling undo. And thanks for the use of it. I too have been trying to save my Nasa clementine moon imagery as well as some early 60's encylopidia Moon images as I want to see if these have ever been or redoctored in the future for comparisons. This Whole process of images and factual info is a Great Work indeed and you get my Way Above vote for these efforts.
Thanks again Mr Lear,Zorgon,undo and the rest of you as well.

60's encyclopedia moon images?
where?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Undo thanks for the info on helium 3 very interesting.

From the Galileo satellite photos one photo in particular I viewed has a human head statue. At first glance you will mistake it for a crater it is an outtie not an innie LOL. Photo galp 41432 png Take from the bottom of photo before you enlarge @ approx 11:30 up about 5 inches on screen you will see a white humanoid statue with pointed ears.

The face is in a black shadow but can easily be made out and is looking directly to the left. The head is somewhat elongated and is by itself in an open area. You will see this easily and there is no mistake about it being humanoid. Rik Riley

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
John, since many think there is no or little water on or inside the Moon and biological life need water could they be transporting water from Earth? Rik

I am not sure how you got that idea Rik. I was being facetious about the bones.

There is a lot of water on the moon. There are lakes, probably rivers. Water is probably channeled all over the moon.

That story about it being so dry that if you took off your space suit you would turn to dust is just part of NASA's moon scam. Its kind of like their story of Venus and its exploding volcanos and 90 bars of pressure and atmosphere of sulphuric acid. All that is for the gullible and uninformed.

It like telling people that a Boeing 757 crashed into the Pentagon. If somebody isn't a pilot or aeronautical engineer or aircrat accident investigator they would probably believe that a Boeing 757 could crash into the Pentagon and leave no trace of entry.

Just imagine all the people that still believe there is no breathable atmosphere on the moon. They rely on NASA for their information and they really have no reason not to believe NASA.

And NASA is helped along by their faithful brass band here at ATS and other forums bleating out "Where is the occultation!" and other old wives-tale and pseudo-scientific nonsense.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley is there another process I am not familiar with in seperation?

According to LPI Solar Furnaces...

They have 10 plus years and thousands of documents on Lunar mining there. USGS already had detailed topographical maps BEFORE Apollo 11...

Did you know they can easily smelt the regolith with solar furnaces and create glass and fiberglass products for structures, with the byproduct being Titanium and Iron and FREE OXYGEN?

LOL you should have I have only posted that about three times in the thread

new topics

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join