It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Time Has Arrived to Practice Quantum Physics, My Friends...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Niteboy,

One of the basic elements of quantum Physics is positive thinking. It is a very basic principle. Some here would rather look at all the science instead. I say forget the science of it- and think positively. For some, that is impossible.

Oh, well...no wonder this world is totally messed.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
One of the basic elements of quantum Physics is positive thinking.

?
Positive thinking has nothing to do with quantum physics. I can understand that you want good things to happen, but it doesn't have anything to do with quantum physics.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My kids had a bib that said "visualize whirled peas"-pretty funny. Visualization is a technique that is used for many different things, weight loss, training sales people, getting people over phobias. It is well accepted in psychology. I use it everyday, I assume I will be successful in what I need to do and usually I am to various degrees.

I think a group of people who are able to focus their energy (and we are made of energy) can have amazing effects. I totally believe we can offset negative energy with positive energy. Good job, DG, I'm with you. Don't let anyone bring you down!

I'm here in the northeast thinking good thoughts!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

?
Positive thinking has nothing to do with quantum physics. I can understand that you want good things to happen, but it doesn't have anything to do with quantum physics.

, my freaking word. Thanks for setting me off and ruining my day. YOU dont know a thing about quantum physics. Anyway,
just duck when the nukes head your way.

I stop caring as of this moment.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

?

hmm perhaps you should brush up on QP than

to even concieve of the notions of QP having any factual basis in reality or any meaning to our lives, you need to exercise a HUGE amount of positive thinking

lol....get it??

anyways, ill try to expect positive things tomorrow

its worth a shot maybe it will work

anyways according to the uncertainty principal, theres no way of knowing for sure if this endevour will work, however expiermentation shall show us

let the expierment begin!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

?

, my freaking word. Thanks for setting me off and ruining my day. YOU dont know a thing about quantum physics. Anyway,
just duck when the nukes head your way.

I stop caring as of this moment.

Good luck

DG u cannot stop your expierment cuz someone doubted its results!

we dont even KNOW if this will actually work yet

Nygdan is just testing your reflexes here

Stay the course !!! you are not allowed to jump in a jet, take off, and reach 30,000 ft and then decide "No, flight isnt possible, im bailing out"

Dont press the eject button just yet

wait until it looks like the jets gonna crash at least
we just took off here

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
ill be with my daughter all day tomorrow so the positive thoughts will surely be flowing.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Mythatsabigprobe,

I thought better of you. I'm having a good day, thank you. You havent the slightest notion of what Quantum Physics is either, my friend.

Thread ruined. thanks for showing the faith and the goodwill. Now we know who we're dealing with.

Sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your thread. I applaud what you're trying to do, but it seems like some of us are confused about the reference to quantum physics.

Forget it, grok ahead.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Because some people just aren't worth the warn that I would get.

Removed Post on My Own.

I will say this, I find it very sad that a some posters will willfully and consistently get onto threads and just ruin it. It's the same party, every time, happy thinking.
[edit on 8/21/06 by niteboy82]

[edit on 8/21/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

TheLibra...

Quantum Physics is complicated. I've been studying it for awhile.

Ummm... No, you haven't. If you had, you wouldn't be calling it Quantum Physics. You'd be calling it something else. Take it from someone who really HAS studied it, in college, and after college. This isn't quantum physics. This is feel-good mental stuff. If you wish to maintain credability, you need to call things by their rightful name, or at least don't make up definitions to existing names and then use "Oh, I been doing it a while, and it takes some getting used to" as a defense when it is clearly and utterly wrong.

Now, having read your past posts, which by the way have often been extremely inflammatory and rude in some cases (though your intent at the time was sarcasm or joking), I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just pulling another DGTempe-post, which is to say, something completely off-the-wall and purposefully disruptive.

If, however, you honestly believe that "thinking postive thoughts to change the universe" equals Quantum Physics, you are vastly mistaken.

And since you challenged another poster to tell you all about Quantum Physics because there's so many experts on everything (welcome to the 'net, my friend), I will be happy to enlighten you.

Quantum Physics is, in layman's terms, the study of where conventional physics breaks down at the extremely large or extremely minute levels. In practice, it is far more complex, but has nothing to do with "thinking happy thoughts at the universe".

from Wikipedia.com
Quantum mechanics is a fundamental branch of physics that supersedes classical mechanics at the atomic and subatomic levels. It provides the underlying mathematical framework for many fields of physics and chemistry, including condensed matter physics, atomic physics, molecular physics, computational chemistry, quantum chemistry, particle physics, and nuclear physics. Quantum mechanics is a subset of quantum field theory and quantum physics in general, which, along with general relativity, is one of the pillars of modern physics.

from Dictionary.com
The branch of physics that uses quantum theory to describe and predict the properties of a physical system.

from library.thinkquest.org
Quantum physics is a branch of science that deals with discrete, indivisible units of energy called quanta as described by the Quantum Theory. There are five main ideas represented in Quantum Theory:

Energy is not continuous, but comes in small but discrete units.
The elementary particles behave both like particles and like waves.
The movement of these particles is inherently random.
It is physically impossible to know both the position and the momentum of a particle at the same time. The more precisely one is known, the less precise the measurement of the other is.
The atomic world is nothing like the world we live in.

I believe what you are attempting to post about, though perhaps a language barrier has caused the misunderstanding, is Quantum Consciousness.

www.quantumconsciousness.org...

Please, with all due respect, please compare the two and make sure which one you are really trying to talk about, because at present you're coming across as willfully ignorant. Hopefully it's just an honest mistake.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
OK tomorrow will be partly cloudy with afternoon thunder and showers, nothing different than from today here in the south.

So I guess I will see you tomorrow as usual.

Now. . . Check for gas prices just in case.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
TheLibra....

Happy happy end of the world to you and yours.

I for one, am through explaining anything here.
I wont even post where my lessons come from, because most of you do not deserve it.

Oh happy day. Oh joy. The universe reacts to you, and lets just say, your water chrystals under a microscope would have the same reaction as if it were labeled, "Kick me"
Another very basic little study of which you would apparently know nothing about.

The "profound" and indepth lesson you offer here is not welcome on this thread. We're not here to see how it works, we are here to MAKE IT WORK. YOU sound like you're been practicing possitivity for a long time. Oh yes.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

TheLibra....

Happy happy end of the world to you and yours.

It's not even worth the waste anymore dgtempe, it was a good thread, it is a great idea, i'm still doing it. Just don't waste your time on those that incessantly feel the need to bring anyone they can down so that they can feel better about themselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Quantum Physics and Success

What could quantum physics possibly have to do with success? It sure sounds like a scary term to most of us, so scientific and elusive. Even the subject of physics, without the “quantum” part, was enough to get most of us as high school students running in the other direction. But it is nothing to fear. In fact it is one of the key pieces I embraced on my journey to success (much to my surprise!). Although the underlying concepts can be difficult to comprehend, I have found that the basics and their implications are relatively easy to grasp…as long as one has an open mind and a strong desire to succeed.

I WILL NOT SUPPLY A LINK. I have respect for this website and for their lessons.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, I'm disappointed.

I had hopes that you were going to urge people to study the calculus and physics of exteremly small forces operating over etremely small distances.

For the next few days, i urge you to expect nothing but good things to come our way. The Universe will respond, i guarantee you. The universe will not let harm come to us...at least not now....if we all collectively think positively and summon good things.

Dude, I hate to tell you, but this is "power of positive thinking." Positive thinking does not affect boson vector. Trust me on this one.

Even if you dont believe in QP, just try this small effort.

I *do* believe in quantum physics! Everyone should have their own vector space! en.wikipedia.org...

I just wish everyone understood the difference between "powerful thinking" and "quantum mechanics."

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
QP in its most basic form, is the key to the connectedness of everything...

and in that right, if everything is connected then it isn't actually QP to say "think Positive" but close...

it IS actually using the QP theorem to prove the validity of the statement though...
(please forgive bleepers, as we tend to jump before the horse, in our excitement)

if we are all connected (IMO we are)
then by the science of QP, if we all think positively, then that positive vibe can reach across the vast distances, and affect everyone, just as if a long haired, big breasted hippie woman just came up and hugged you in person...

feel the hugs people... feel the hugs...
think postively, visualize whirled peas...
and screw the negative ninnys... let them go find something else to beleive in, since they dont like this...

and BTW, the leading QP researchers have yet to DISPROVE any of the "QP bleep" statements... even the Dr David Albert admits that the idea of quantum connectedness isn't divided from QP, and cant be disproven by it, but he wanted to see more proof, because the idea seems very close to the "commune" ideas of the 70's that he was also exposed to...
he felt that there was too much "New agey" talk, and not enough meat...
but even HE is still open for more examination of the principle... (from the extended version of "down the rabbit hole" WTBDWK with his negative comments)

it is all about QP being the key to connect everything... us included...

Hope that helps...

but in the end of all these semantic arguements, ask yourself if you want to hope for a better world, or a worse one...

If it is a worse one, then please check your body in ASAP, as you are holding the rest of the class back...

And Byrd, I wish that everyone understood QP and QM at all... since there seem to be so many different opinions about it, and if you look at "fact" even 3 years ago, it has already changed...

You would think by reading these responses, that Nygdan, Byrd, and others actually know more than researchers at esteemed labs... when what they learned, has also probably already changed... (as it has with most scientists that were interviewed for WTBDWK, and gave positive reviews about how human consciousiness is understood better with the knowledge of QP...)

and that is what it is all about, for those that really want to know... so that you wont jump on semantics and ruin a good thread...

[edit on 21-8-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

[edit on 21-8-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This should be an interesting book to read: Quantum Enigma
It just came out, and talks about Quantum Mechanics and Consciousness.

Trying to understand the atom, physicists built quantum mechanics and found, to their embarrassment, that their theory intimately connects consciousness with the physical world. Quantum Enigma explores what that implies and why some founders of the theory became the foremost objectors to it. Schrödinger showed that it “absurdly” allowed a cat to be in a “superposition” simultaneously dead and alive. Einstein derided the theory’s “spooky interactions.” With Bell’s theorem, we now know Schrödinger’s superpositions and Einstein’s spooky interactions indeed exist.

I wonder how much it clarifies, and how many experts agree or disagree with what is within this book.
There are people out there who try to use Quantum Mechanics to "support" their agenda (i.e. certain New Age groups led by people like "Ramtha" ). I would LOVE to be able to read what the Experts in the field of Quantum Physics have to say about all these theories. So far I've only been able to find a couple of relevant articles. I know there are at least a few who oppose that "documentary" titled "What the bleep do we know?", including the authors of the book I mentioned. Check the links in my last post on page 2 of this thread.

dg, it would be awefully nice of you to post your links. Please.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Whatever you call it and for whatever reasons you believe, thinking that good can happen can have a great impact on the cosmos. IMHO.

If we could for a moment disconnect from all the crap and crud that spews from 24/7 news outlets and just live our lives to the fullest and to the best of our abilities, the world would be a better place.
We are encouraged to stop thinking for ourselves and become ap art of the universal consciousness of fear and darkness.
We must fight that fear and darkness!!!!

So, brava, dgtempe.

And, now that we have been filled in on QP by several distinguished members, could we please stick with the spirit of the thread:
Thinking positive and not falling into the fear trap

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I agree with this topic and its not mysticism, mysticism is just science unexplained anyway as far as im concerned. Prayer is working on the same principals just like this, and voodoo does too. Who needs the confusion of which god to focus ur positive thouts!? jus do it, throw them out into THE ALL which is the true god - SOURCE n itl filter all the way back down thru the universe and all its mini gods and manifest thru us.

Yknow.. its about densitys.. from the highest gasses down to the heaviest, physical, your spirit is a gasseous substance etc etc... negative thought / vibrations become heavier and heavier until they manifest as sickness and disease. Its that simple.

Be careful what u think and wish for nowadays cause its comming a lot faster!! jus dont be suprised when u get the opposites of what u want at times, if you FEAR something u will usually always make it happen. (im king at that!) 'self fullfilling prophecy' they call it.

Mother earth is also a living organism with a mind, GAIA, we are all in that mind causing havoc, its down to us and the way we live, act and think in our hearts, to whether or not we attract doom or the planet devastates us with bad weather etc, and eventually gos thru pole shifts. Buddhists dont do all that chanting for nothing or to trance out, they are helping to harmonise the frequency of the planet, jus like the native indians way of life n ritual.

This quantum info is explained by THOTH/ HERMES and the KYBALION. Which contains the following chapters on The Laws of The All..

0. Introduction
1. Hermetic Philosophy
2. Seven Hermetic Principles
3. Mental Transmutation
4. The ALL.
5. The Mental Universe
6. The Divine Paradox
7. "The All" in All
8. Planes of Correspondence
9. Vibration
10. Polarity
11. Rhythm
12. Causation
13. Gender
14. Mental Gender
15. Hermetic Axioms

I have it in PDF format and seperate text files if anybody wants it give me your email in a IM.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
anyway wats the big deal about august 22nd please i havnt a clue!? lol

ah never mind, edit to say i jus found out.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by sybercat]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join