It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Time Has Arrived to Practice Quantum Physics, My Friends...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
I heard a preacher say that expectancy is the breeding ground for miracles, Is it quantum physics or faith???, I wonder. we need something more in times like these. Battle the negative with positive

[edit on 20-8-2006 by the_sentinal]
You dont have to give up faith or God. Supposedly, God is the Universe. God is inside us-he's everywhere. You said it best when you said battle the negative with positive. That is precisely what this is. And it takes no effort at all.

One thing: You have to believe and expect good things are coming...if you dont, it wont work. I realize this takes weeks or months of practice, to get yourself to that state, but we can all think positive thoughts and think about what you'll be doing that will make you happy on Labor Day.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Since we're all thinking positive i decided to share this website with you.

David Lynch Foundation

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thank u for that link, Dr.

Anything positive will help mankind now. That's not to say we should be in denial- i dont like living in denial. But to come to expect better for mankind is what we all need right now. Let the boys play their war games if they must. We dont have to.
We can think positively- i only wish we could reach the world and collectively all think positive.
What a world it would be right now, if all humans were thinking positively......
What a difference it would make.!!!

Please be positive for the next few days. The universe will hear us and obligue.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I've been taking an interest in Quantum Physics for a few years now. I've tried to apply this positive thinking to my life, though I'm not always successful at keeping the negative attitude (or as I like to call "the realist") out.
I am determined, for instance, not to get sick this year.
So far so good!! I've tried to talk about it with those close to me, though I'm not sure they listened.

I'll give it a shot. I'll try to think positively about tomorrow.

For those interested, this is a fun interview to read: PHYSICS AND CONSCIOUSNESS with FRED ALAN WOLF, Ph.D.

WOLF: One-way causality. Everybody says, "Oh yeah, naturally." I mean, that's what Newton said, that's what they all say. OK, but there's another notion. What about the future influencing the present? Is such an idea just an idea that comes about through parapsychology, or through mystical insight? Quantum physics says no, it says that definitely there is a real mathematical basis for saying actions in the future can have an effect on the probability patterns that exist in the present. In other words, what takes places now, what choices are being made right now, may not be as free to you as you think they are. To you it may seem uncertain -- well, I'll do this or I'll do that. But if you realized that what you did in the future is having an effect now, then it wouldn't be as obvious. So it's hard to talk about it because the future's yet to come, right?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
wow, reading that was a real mind twister

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Today

Watch out for any kind of defensiveness within yourself. What are you defending? An illusory identity, an image in your mind, a fictitious entity. By making this pattern conscious, by witnessing it, you disidentify from it. In the light of your consciousness, the unconscious pattern will then quickly dissolve.

Expressed by Eckhart Tolle

I recommend some of his books too.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Mind twister, yes. But who cares? It makes perfect sense. I have my bad days even though i practive QP as often as i can. I've had days when my family, Ats, friends, work all bring me down. I've had days when energy zapper vampires are all around me. Those are tough days and i fall back into my old, pessimistic, self.
We're human, after all. (most of us
)

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Even if you dont believe in QP, just try this small effort. You will see, we will be safe.

DGTempe, I'd be happy to think positive for a few days.
However, this does not qualify as Quantum Physics.

What you're hoping for is a sort of collective psychokenesis, which I certainly leave room for the possibility of. Psychokenesis, by its very nature, requires some degree of faith in order to work.

Quantum Physics isn't faith-based any more than algebra is, and will exist whether or not we believe in it.

[edit on 8/21/2006 by thelibra]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here's a link, just to add to the many techniques available:

www.smokylake.com...

Make it real, make it positive!

Newtron

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
TheLibra...

Quantum Physics is complicated. I've been studying it for awhile. I dont wish to get into a class here. I wish for something very simple, that anyone can practice, even if its just for a few days, even if its just a fleeting good thought. I'm well aware that QP (as i said before) takes time to understand and travel through the different levels, until you "get it"......Even then, the learning continues...

Having said that, all i've been asking is to have good thoughts for the next few days...call it what you want. It doesnt matter.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This isn't science, it's mysticism. Go learn what quantum physics is, please.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I could use some positive thinking! I have been surrounded by negative thoughts and deeds for quite some time now and given all that is transpiring in the world, it is time to think positive! Good thread! Good idea! Good luck to all of us!

I'm positive this thread is good! (First positive thought)

MMP

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'll do my part by sharing this commercial I found a few days back on Google Video.

Give a little love!

I don't even like Coke but I just can't get enough of the video. I must have watched this clip 100+ times.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ever since Quantum Physics came into my life, Ive thought of myself as a being with extra potential. The potential is infinite. I think thoughts can change many things including preventing a disaster. Thoughts are powerful...just look what the universe will do if we are still worth saving by thinking positive all at once. Collectively, we can move mountains and tame oceans.

But the Universe still has to decide. I pray it showers us with good strong cosmic rays and changes our savage nature forever !

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Errr.. what does this have to do with quantum physics??

Source
What is quantum physics?

The word quantum refers to discreetness. In Newtonian physics, all quantities are allowed to be continuous. For instance, particles can have any momentum, light can have any frequency. A quanta is a discreet packet of energy, charge, or any other quantity. For instance, one might say that electric charge is quantized in units of e. (Although with quarks, we will learn that it comes in units of e/3)

having a bad day DG?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
TheLibra...

Quantum Physics is complicated. I've been studying it for awhile. I dont wish to get into a class here. I wish for something very simple, that anyone can practice, even if its just for a few days, even if its just a fleeting good thought. I'm well aware that QP (as i said before) takes time to understand and travel through the different levels, until you "get it"......Even then, the learning continues...

Having said that, all i've been asking is to have good thoughts for the next few days...call it what you want. It doesnt matter.

Hiya

Is this the Law of Attraction you're talking about? Sounds like it...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have to post this link, just to be responsible about this whole "positive thinking" deal: What the (Bleep) Were They Thinking?

This is in response to that movie titled "What the Bleep do We Know?" I'm sure a few of you have seen it.

David Albert, the professor from the Columbia University physics department who was featured in the film, is quoted in Salon.com saying:

was edited in such a way as to completely suppress my actual views about the matters the movie discusses. I am, indeed, profoundly unsympathetic to attempts at linking quantum mechanics with consciousness. Moreover, I explained all that, at great length, on camera, to the producers of the film ... Had I known that I would have been so radically misrepresented in the movie, I would certainly not have agreed to be filmed.

Though I'm not sure how far we can link Quantum Physics and "positive thinking" concerning changing the events in the world, positive thinking does have an effect on the human body. Take the Placebo effect for instance. I strongly believe the human body is capable of healing itself, as long as the individual truly believes it is possible.

This part of the movie ESPECIALLY had me going "WTH???"

The first was the claim that when Columbus arrived in the West Indies, the natives were literally unable to see his ships. Why? Because they had never seen ships before, so ships did not exist in their reality.

I had to rewind the film to make sure I hadn’t missed the part where they said this was just a fable. But they were stating it as fact. This idea is just too dumb to be considered seriously. Even if true, how could anyone verify it? I have searched the web for the source of this story to no avail, and conclude the film makers just made it up.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by 2manyquestions]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
This isn't science, it's mysticism. Go learn what quantum physics is, please.
Why is it that there's always someone who gets to be an expert in whatever the subject might be???

Would you kindly, right now, tell us ALL ABOUT QUANTUM PHYSICS??? Every bit of it. Lets have you give us a lesson- no links. Go ahead, teach us. You dont know who you're talking to, much less what i know. Start with the atoms...all in your own words. If you dont like this thread, if you dont believe it, if you have a problem with a thread calling for some good thoughts, then dont play with us. OK? I dont know how else to put it. You entered an otherwise "good" thread and here you are, telling me this isnt Quantum Physics.

I am not here to give a class. Are you??? Go ahead, hijack the thread and tell us all exactly what quantum physics is....the entire concept. Because that is not why i started this thread. I started this thread saying lets apply a little QP...and it makes no difference if you have studied it or not. Not for this purpose.

Well? Are we going to ruin a wholesome thread now?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Mythatsabigprobe,

I thought better of you. I'm having a good day, thank you. You havent the slightest notion of what Quantum Physics is either, my friend.

Thread ruined. thanks for showing the faith and the goodwill. Now we know who we're dealing with.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
DG, the basic fact is that regardless of what it is called it does work. I don't know how hard it is for people to understand that, but apparently it is more difficult than I thought. You simply asked them to think positively, and some are acting all blah. If you don't like it, why bother with it? Because of the name? People, if you don't believe in it, and we're just silly, why let it bother you so much? *sigh*

I here on out am going to call this DG Physics. Argue with that one!

DG, keep it up, I'm with you, and you know other members are as well!

Edit - Spelling

[edit on 8/21/06 by niteboy82]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join