It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush - Stoned? Drunk? Medicated? Retarded? Presidential Tester for the Pharmaceutical Industry?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Pfft...

Wasn't Kennedy loaded to the gills with muscle-relaxants and other drugs?

Folks loved him, but if they realized how infirm he was, they might not have been so keen on his presidency. Am I wrong?

No, I'm not wrong, I just went and checked. At least according to this source:

www.pbs.org...

By the time he was president, he was on ten, 12 medications a day. He was on antispasmodics for his bowel, paregoric, lamodal transatine [ph], he was on muscle relaxants, Phenobarbital, Librium, Meprobomate, he was on pain medications, Codeine, Demerol, Methadone, he was on oral cortisone; he was on injected cortisone, he was on testosterone, he was on Nembutal for sleep. And on top of that he was getting injected sometimes six times a day, six places on his back, by the White House physician, with Novocain, Procaine, just to enable him to face the day.

Just the point, that's one Hell of a deception...

There's no reason to think this administration conducts itself any differently, they all come from the same school of how to placate the lowest common denominator. Partisans and patriots are easy, just throw out a few hollow, emotional trigger words, like 'Freedom' and 'Values' - no need to qualify the terms, or actually follow through, just toss the words out and go on about your business, looting and such. :shk:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's well known that JFK was basically loaded on various medications for most of his life, including his presidency. I'm not learned enough on his tenure as president to know if his condition might've affected his duties. But if it was at all comparable to Bush, JFK very well could've led the country into chaos, had he not been asassinated. Maybe that's why he was killed-- I dunno.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but I think JFK's problems had more to do with pain and less to do with dementia.

So, it's a different problem I guess. Having a president in pain is unfortunate, and having a sickly president is no good, but having one with mental problems, like dementia, or bi-polar, or things of that nature - that's getting into some serious deep water. Even having one with speech difficulties and ADD is too much..it's embarassing!

It's not a matter of being nice, and understanding of his difficulties...

It's a matter of national security, and the best interests of this country and the people who live here.

I feel bad for him if it's something beyond his control, but it doesn't change the reality of the situation one bit. If he's incapable of performing his job well, he should step aside and let someone more qualified and more capable step up.

And I have absolutely NO sympathy if he's just a foolish aging frat boy with a pickled melon.

In any case, I don't see why it's wrong or rude to investigate the situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If a person has voices telling him to invade foreign countries, like our president has ADMITTED TO(He called them God and Jesus) we should get them help. But when they have access to THEE BUTTON that could kill everyone on the planet... We might not want to protect him.

JFK-Drugged For Pain
FDR-Drugged For Polio
GWB-Prescribed Cocaine and Marijuanna and Alcohol to himself.

A HUGE difference. Two are medically drugged with legal drugs, one uses two illegals and one legal, none prescribed by actual doctors. Republicans wanted Clinton executed for smoking a joint yet defend Bush, a known COke Addict, Pot Fiend, and Alcoholic. Like wow, we're not hypocritical are we?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I could be wrong, but I think JFK's problems had more to do with pain and less to do with dementia.

So, it's a different problem I guess. Having a president in pain is unfortunate, and having a sickly president is no good, but having one with mental problems, like dementia, or bi-polar, or things of that nature - that's getting into some serious deep water.

Many of Bush's problems quite likely stem from past (and possibly current) alcohol and drug abuse. My point was that Kennedy was on drugs for most of his life.... they may have been pain-meds but they surely didn't leave him with a 100% clear mind, nevermind him being buzzed in the office but think about the long-term cumulative effects of keeping high levels of pain-meds in your system. There's no way the brain can't be affected in some way.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
JFK had addison's disease. To compare him to our current president is a joke. He had back pain so bad that he couldn't even pick up his son when he was less than 2 years old.

Addison's disease is an endocrine or hormonal disorder that occurs in all age groups and afflicts men and women equally. The disease is characterized by weight loss, muscle weakness, fatigue, low blood pressure, and sometimes darkening of the skin in both exposed and nonexposed parts of the body.

Addison's disease occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and, in some cases, the hormone aldosterone. The disease is also called adrenal insufficiency, or hypocortisolism.

Cortisol

Cortisol is normally produced by the adrenal glands, located just above the kidneys. It belongs to a class of hormones called glucocorticoids, which affect almost every organ and tissue in the body. Scientists think that cortisol has possibly hundreds of effects in the body. Cortisol's most important job is to help the body respond to stress. Among its other vital tasks, cortisol

helps maintain blood pressure and cardiovascular function
helps slow the immune system's inflammatory response
helps balance the effects of insulin in breaking down sugar for energy
helps regulate the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats
helps maintain proper arousal and sense of well-being
Because cortisol is so vital to health, the amount of cortisol produced by the adrenals is precisely balanced. Like many other hormones, cortisol is regulated by the brain's hypothalamus and the pituitary gland, a bean-sized organ at the base of the brain. First, the hypothalamus sends "releasing hormones" to the pituitary gland. The pituitary responds by secreting hormones that regulate growth and thyroid and adrenal function, and sex hormones such as estrogen and testosterone. One of the pituitary's main functions is to secrete ACTH (adrenocorticotropin), a hormone that stimulates the adrenal glands. When the adrenals receive the pituitary's signal in the form of ACTH, they respond by producing cortisol. Completing the cycle, cortisol then signals the pituitary to lower secretion of ACTH.

Aldosterone

Aldosterone belongs to a class of hormones called mineralocorticoids, also produced by the adrenal glands. It helps maintain blood pressure and water and salt balance in the body by helping the kidney retain sodium and excrete potassium. When aldosterone production falls too low, the kidneys are not able to regulate salt and water balance, causing blood volume and blood pressure to drop.

source: endocrine.niddk.nih.gov...

That should explain why JFK was PRESCRIBED the various medications he was on. And when it comes to public speaking, ON ANY OCCASSION, JFK makes George W. Bush look like a monkey!

And JFK had balls. He wasn't afraid to go after the real problems in the world/country like the FED! JFK was in the pocket of NO ONE! George W. Bush and his father and grandfather have received enough money from the various Cabals aka Illuminati, that they could probably feed all the starving peoples in every Third World Nation!! and I don't mean one meal....I mean for the rest of their lives....and I am not trying to be funny!

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm sure JFK was head and shoulders above Bush, as President and in the way he worked. I once heard that Bush can't work more than half an hour or an hour and then he has to take a long break... who knows it's true, though.

I was just speculating that it was possible that JFK's mental state could've deteroriated due to extensive pain meds-use to the point where it started affecting his decisions and that had he not been killed, he might've suffered some of the same symptoms Bush suffers. But it's quite possible he might not have.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I just found this article from houston.indymedia.org and it's very interesting...

In addition to possible mental problems, it's possible that Bush has some sort of heart issue. The mysterious thing on his back during the 04 debates that a lot of people thought might've been an earphone device or something may have actually been a wearable defib device, stemming back from the pretzel incident. There are several disorders that evidence points to Bush possibly having and they have noticable psychological effects.

"LifeVest wearable defibrillator. He started using it sometime after his January 2002 fainting spell, which was attributed to choking. Based on photos showing him wearing the device, one can conclude the fainting was due to atrial fibrillation (AF), which his father also had. His father's AF was caused by Graves' hyperthyroidism, which his mother also has. Bush likely has AF and less likely Graves', based on his family history and symptoms. The AF may have caused a stroke or TIA (mini-stroke), of which physicians watching the debates detected symptoms. Observers have noted psychological symptoms consistent with this and with Wernicke-Korsakoff disease." ...

houston.indymedia.org...

So it's possible that Bush's obvious decline in mental veracity can be attributed to some sort of stroke or series of mini-strokes related to a heart condition.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by firebat]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Great stuff firebat...If I had a WATS, I'd throw it your way.

My question is this: Who isn't on some kind of meds?

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Great stuff firebat...If I ha da WATS, I'd throw it your way.

There are MANY people on here more deserving of it... many of them might not even agree with anything I say. I'm kinda new around here....

My question is this: Who isn't on some kind of meds?

We are indeed a chemically-dependant society, myself included, right down to the food we eat the water we drink. We can only hope that the people in charge aren't under the influence of the same drugs many of us are tempted to take just to numb our minds from the ungodly fog of hate and fear that the current administration has brought upon us.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
without reading all the post prior, (and i apologize)
and i'm NOT bush bashing, but you have to admit on some level that he's not the brightest bulb in the house. when it comes down to representing a country, you'd think one of the pre-req's would be "a good spokes person". i mean, in the corporate world, i've swam with really bright and well read / said people, that are fully engaging to talk to and give the impression of credible intelligence. i'm not bashing mr. bush, but can anyone really say that bush is a good speaker and representative as a public figure head? i'd have to give him a D for representation to the public eye in all honesty.

as for drugs are concerned, i'd def' put a vote forth on usage of some sort. i've been around the block and i've witnessed drug abuse (meth, blow, you name it) in all scenarios, from upper executive management to the corporate employee; in each scenario, drugs are obviously not encouraged and are against corporate rule. so, in the scenario of mr. bush's position of power, i can easily see him practicing self-medication in light of being above 'the rest'. ( i have a video of him really drunk talking out the side of his neck, so this opens doors to my rant to degree - and on some levels he's already demonstrated said behavior).

drugs are a common place in society today. even the once 'no tolerance' states like nebraska have fallen to harsh, harsh, drugs like meth; who's to say a president wouldn't get hooked up to even the burliest of legal meds which are equally gross and harsh as the heaviest street drugs.
it happens to house wives and it can certainly happen to people in high politics.

-b

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I wonder how anyone on this board would look with enemy media taping and filming them 24/7 and sifting through every line and frame looking for something "off" or some mis-statement. I bet we would all look like something was "wrong" with us if everything we did was sifted and the negative piece-parcelled out and exploited like that.

The problem is the media in this country can't be trusted. They protect those who share their political views and try to smear those they disagree with.

Lord only know what Clinton or the Kennedy's did/still do. They are just left wing media darlings so information is buried.

Just sad that so many on this board are brainwashed by the major media
mono-directional sludge pump.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I don't think that Bush was meant to be president period. I do think that his daddy and others fixed it and it does have to do with Aliens.

First I want to ask if anyone remembers all the talk about the debates when it was found that George had a bulge in the back of his jacket. After this was bought forward they said oh, it was a heart monitor. First off you don't wear a heart monitor on your back and second he was supposed to be in perfect health. (If you remember it was Bush that didn't want back or side shots but one station did there own thing.)

What was being said (which makes sense if you relook at things) that he had an earpiece and was being scripted in what to give as his responses. There were times when he would look off to the side as if listening and he would even make remarks which he was unaware of doing. After this was brought forward the bulge seemed to disappear.

Someone wrote here that George has led our nation during the most difficult times in our history. My response would be, I don't think he has handled the office of President as a leader should have. We are in this mess because of his rush of wanted dead or alive then WMD.

I believe daddy Bush came into knowledge of the Grey's when he was head of the FBI. . DADDY, CHENEY AND RUMSFELD ALL ARE IN COHORTS "NO DOUBT."

In short from my understanding ( from the Grey's) Bush nor Gore was to be President, Pat Buchanan was to be President in the beginning of the 21st. century. I have no doubt myself that Daddy Bush knew this and wasn't about to let this happen and parts of history have been changed.

I know this sounds unbelieveable so don't start at me by calling me names I'm only the messanger.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I don't think that Bush was meant to be president period. I do think that his daddy and others fixed it and it does have to do with Aliens.

First I want to ask if anyone remembers all the talk about the debates when it was found that George had a bulge in the back of his jacket. After this was bought forward they said oh, it was a heart monitor. First off you don't wear a heart monitor on your back and second he was supposed to be in perfect health.

Per the link in my previous post:
"The LifeVest (left) has an electrode belt with four sensing/ECG electrodes. These send signals to the heart monitor/defibrillator, typically worn like a holster. When the monitor detects a life-threatening heart arrhythmia, it send a signal to the small, handheld patient-interface module. The module provides an audible alarm. The user, if able to do so, depresses two buttons on the module to hold off a shock from the defibrillator. If the user faints and is unable to press the buttons, the defibrillator sends an electrical pulse to the large shocking electrode on the patient's back and a smaller one on the chest. The pulse can be repeated until the heart starts pumping blood effectively, up to five pulses."

You also had mentioned he was supposed to be in perfect health... well that's straight from the White House. You think they're going to admit it if Bush has serious problems? Look at Castro... the man is deathly ill but his office puts out reports stating that he's getting stronger and recovering.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

o.p. by firebat
You appear to suffer from the same afflictions as your Fuhrer.

Comments like these directed at another member are totally inappropriate and completely uncalled for, as well as against the T&C's you accepted when you joined this site.

Since you are pretty new here, let me speak from experience when I say I have stooped to the same conduct and learned to regret it.

I'm surprised no one has pointed this out in the thread, and I can only hope you have received a U2U from a moderator informing you of the above.

GradyPhilpott is a valuable member of this board and has a volume of experience you may not be able to begin to understand, and I think you owe him an apology.

Don't get me wrong, I think Pres. Bush acts totally whack a lot of the time too, and I am not trying to infringe on your right to say what you want about him. I have gotten into several heated discussions with Grady myself in the past, as well.

In the future, comment on the subject matter, not on the member posting, ok?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

o.p. by firebat
You appear to suffer from the same afflictions as your Fuhrer.

In the future, comment on the subject matter, not on the member posting, ok?

A rant in the "heat of battle" that I shouldn't have posted. I will apologize to him/her and edit the post. The comparison was an exaggeration to the greatest degree, not meant to stimulate intelligent discussion, which I'm sorry for.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I completely understand. Like I said, I've been there and done that. What I've learned from my mistakes is we are a close knit community here and we all have to set a behavioral example for the rest of the world out there.

I just wish our President would follow suit.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50

First I want to ask if anyone remembers all the talk about the debates when it was found that George had a bulge in the back of his jacket. After this was bought forward they said oh, it was a heart monitor. First off you don't wear a heart monitor on your back and second he was supposed to be in perfect health. (If you remember it was Bush that didn't want back or side shots but one station did there own thing.)

What was being said (which makes sense if you relook at things) that he had an earpiece and was being scripted in what to give as his responses. There were times when he would look off to the side as if listening and he would even make remarks which he was unaware of doing. After this was brought forward the bulge seemed to disappear.

Someone wrote here that George has led our nation during the most difficult times in our history. My response would be, I don't think he has handled the office of President as a leader should have. We are in this mess because of his rush of wanted dead or alive then WMD.

I believe daddy Bush came into knowledge of the Grey's when he was head of the FBI. . DADDY, CHENEY AND RUMSFELD ALL ARE IN COHORTS "NO DOUBT."

In short from my understanding ( from the Grey's) Bush nor Gore was to be President, Pat Buchanan was to be President in the beginning of the 21st. century. I have no doubt myself that Daddy Bush knew this and wasn't about to let this happen and parts of history have been changed.

I know this sounds unbelieveable so don't start at me by calling me names I'm only the messanger.

Sorry, I'd have less trouble believing this alien thing if they showed themselves to me. Until then, it is the least possible explanation and is, therefore, untrue.

I have seen addresses by Bush that seem like there is something totally off about him. I also know there was a time last year when even the Republicans in our totally conservative area of the country said that he was drinking again--- although I have no idea where they were getting that info. The simplest explanation is that he just has an unpresidential demeaner. That phrase covers a lot of possibilities under one blanket.

How in the heck did this guy get elected to a second term when he acts the way he does??

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

The problem is the media in this country can't be trusted. They protect those who share their political views and try to smear those they disagree with.

Lord only know what Clinton or the Kennedy's did/still do. They are just left wing media darlings so information is buried.

Just sad that so many on this board are brainwashed by the major media
mono-directional sludge pump.

Nice theory....some holes in it.

The media is owned by the Illuminati...and yes, I am quite sure they protect whoever they want and trash whoever they want. Information on the Kennedy's is buried? Not much has been buried, if anything....it's all out there. The only things that have been buried are the Kennedy's themselves.

It's funny you call Clinton a "left wing media puppet" and yet, he lives in the same pockets as Bush Sr. and Dubya!! Who has who brainwashed?

Kennedy wasn't left wing or right wing. He had his own wing!

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
JFK had serious back problems and had to take meds for his back, according to what i've read. Nothing was wrong with his head, though.

He functioned well, and spoke without problems. HE knew what he was saying.
Unlike Bush.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join