It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush - Stoned? Drunk? Medicated? Retarded? Presidential Tester for the Pharmaceutical Industry?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I've just read an interesting OP/ED article, which argues the case that President Bush, is either intoxicated, drug addicted, or mentally unstable (or a combination of all those things)
Some of the points certainly made sense to me, as I observe his general behaviour on television. He does not look like a man who is in control of himself, never mind a country.
A classic example, here are comments from Bush, from the recent G8 summit :

"Gotta go home. Gotta do sumthin tonight. Get ona plane. Go home. It's a long flight. How long is your flight? That's a long flight. Your country is big. His country is big too."

I would like feedback from any pyschologists/care workers who can confirm that he does show signs of drug/drink abuse or mental issues.

If he does suffer from these issues, who is making the decisions to keep him in power and cover up his shortcomings?

You can read the full article HERE

p.s. please dont let this deteriorate into a Bush bashing thread, I would like to see more evidence/theories on Bushs' bizzare public behaviour.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by melem]
mod edit to apply external quote code

[edit on 15-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Bush has a hard equantness to fill.
He's been attacked, led two wars (won both times), and is currently fighting the same one, still.
We live in an age of terror awareness, and know that there are enemies that would destroy us for no other sake than to do it.

As far as your title, I think the man has to much on his shoulders and doesn't sleep much.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bothered
As far as your title, I think the man has to much on his shoulders and doesn't sleep much.

A valid point, but then again most world leaders have the same pressures, and do not show the same behaviour as Bush. If you read the article it also points out how other world leaders interact with Bush.
I honestly believe there are personal health issues at play here, and not just work stress,

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Bush's behavior at the G8 was disturbing to me as well. It did not seem normal. I was just a little kid when Nixon started losing his gord (and by the way, he appeared to lose his gord), but for some reason the News footage of him during the Watergate hearings and in the days of his resignation are rare clear moments in my childhood. And I think the reason they are is that they are moments when I heard my mother say something uncharacteristic of herself...she would say "He's lost his mind." "There's something wrong with that man." And this had nothing to do with what was being revealed in the Watergate hearings, it had to do with his behaviour on camera. He was acting in a manner that didn't connect with what he was going through at the time.

So when I saw the various video clips of Bush at the G8 - including the pig thing...which was probably the more bizarre in my mind...and the neck rub, and the general odd behavior, I had a flash back to my mom saying that about Nixon. That's what it reminded me of, the disconnected bizarroness Nixon exhibited during his last days in office.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Bush's behavior at the G8 was disturbing to me as well. It did not seem normal. I was just a little kid when Nixon started losing his gord (and by the way, he appeared to lose his gord), but

Let's talk about Ford. Do not leave any buttons around that man. I first started paying attention to politics during his office. He's not remembered well, but you know him.

Damn those EM broadcasts. They still freak me out.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If history repeats itself we've got this one small thought we can try to find our happy place with. We made it through the heat of the Cold War without going into total nuclear annihilation with these bozos at the wheel:

Kennedy
Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter

If those idiots couldn't get us blown up, we've got an outside chance of catching the same "luck wave" and making it through another idiot - alive.

Yes, I'm grasping for straws.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
hmmm, depends on ones perspective, this idea that President Bush is an idiot, ya, depends much on the lens through which he is viewed....

two terms president of most powerful nation on earth
presiding over republican controlled house and senate
appointment of numerous conservative judges to benches throughout the country
appointment of several conservative judges to supreme court
establishment of permanent U.S. military presence in heart of middle east
a robust economy.....

research will find myriad fruther accomplishments throughout his presidency

now, it is interesting if one looks at the Bush presidency through a hard to find non-judgemental lens that a "retarded drunk" could dupe his enemies so......

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

If history repeats itself we've got this one small thought we can try to find our happy place with. We made it through the heat of the Cold War without going into total nuclear annihilation with these bozos at the wheel:

Kennedy
Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter

If those idiots couldn't get us blown up, we've got an outside chance of catching the same "luck wave" and making it through another idiot - alive.

Yes, I'm grasping for straws.

If all of these men were Bozos then what are we for electing them? It seems to me that no matter who becomes President they are just going to be another Bozo in some eyes. Looks like a no win situation. I'll bite. Who should be the next President and why?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
two terms president of most powerful nation on earth
presiding over republican controlled house and senate
appointment of numerous conservative judges to benches throughout the country
appointment of several conservative judges to supreme court
establishment of permanent U.S. military presence in heart of middle east
a robust economy.....

research will find myriad fruther accomplishments throughout his presidency

More valid points, however these 'acheivements' only reinforce my idea that there are 'powers that be' who are keeping Bush in place, and running the show. He is simply a puppet figure to front their own agendas. (maybe due to his mental health issues, he is the perfect candidate for manipulation???)

I find it hard to reconcile the man I see on television, and the man responsible for the above accomplishments. (Although I don't neccessarily see them as worthy accomplishments)

I have found another article, regarding this issue, admittedly it's from the Larouche camp, so unbiased it isn't, but it makes a very interesting read:

Article: In your guts, you know he's nuts.

The word is circulating in high-level Republican Party circles that former President George H.W. Bush is profoundly worried about the mental state of his son, the current President.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by melem]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
jim...don't ask me why they were elected. I didn't vote for a single one of them.

Please note I didn't vote for Clinton either term either, and other than him having morality lapses with subordinates, I don't consider him a bozo in the same way I consider the ones I listed. I didn't list Reagan, or Daddy Bush either. I consider all three of those presidents to have had a smidgeon of intelligence, and you can review their records and see where they applied that intelligence.

The others, we just hoped they wouldn't drag their knuckles over a trip wire. The one we've got now - I believe he already did.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by melem
I find it hard to reconcile the man I see on television, and the man responsible for the above accomplishments.

I concur, at times his media presence is quite odd, his debate with Kerry was another example of such. And the statement that there are powers behind him/in support of him is absolutely true, as it is in any administration.

Kennedy
Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter

One would question the sanity of any man or woman who, under the current global situation, taking the issues/complications/challenges in their totality, would aspire to the U.S. Presidency...... to inherit what is present in the world today would be sheer lunacy in my humble opinion

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors

I concur, at times his media presence is quite odd, his debate with Kerry was another example of such. And the statement that there are powers behind him/in support of him is absolutely true, as it is in any administration.

I wanted to imply that Bush is not being supported ,as is normal with government administrations, but that he is being wholly controlled, and I believe his public 'oddness' may be directly linked to that.

[tinfoil hat zone]
I'm getting into the tinfoil hat zone here
, but I think he displays signs of Multiple Personality Disorder, which is often linked to Mind Control/ Brainwashing techniques.
[/tinfoil hat zone]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I have an acquaintance who happens to be the head of psychiatric services at a hospital, is into Quantum Physics, and is very interested in studying the mind. He loves all this stuff. I'm going to send him an email to see if he can give us a non-bias account of what he thinks is wrong with Bush.

I have NO idea if he likes Bush or not, but he should be able to provide some sort of a "profile" as to why he expresses himself in the peculiar way he does. He may defend him, he may not. This, i have no idea. All i know is that he's a conspiracy buff.
For those who are wondering....
No, he's not my shrink, although i do have one i see from time to time. My life is an open book. We can all use the help.

I hope he's willing to participate...this man knows a lot. I love his mind! Being from Cape Cod, i assume there's not much love there for George, but that's just an assumption.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by melem
I wanted to imply that Bush is not being supported ,as is normal with government administrations, but that he is being wholly controlled, and I believe his public 'oddness' may be directly linked to that.

[tinfoil hat zone] I'm getting into the tinfoil hat zone here
, but I think he displays signs of Multiple Personality Disorder, which is often linked to Mind Control/ Brainwashing techniques.
[/tinfoil hat zone]

I see, it's a good theory. I don't think anyone can deny there is something going on with the man, at times he expresses himself rather in a confident manner, at other times quite a bumbling idiot. I have always held the belief the Presidency is an office for figureheads, whereas the real power lies elsewhere.

edit to fix quote

[edit on 15-8-2006 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
If all of these men were Bozos then what are we for electing them? It seems to me that no matter who becomes President they are just going to be another Bozo in some eyes. Looks like a no win situation. I'll bite. Who should be the next President and why?

THIS MAN!

Elect Jon Stewart for President of the United States in 2008!!!

Why? Political Savvy. Charismatic. Rational, logical thinker. Has many many connections and friends in government and worldwide already. Ability to turn crisis into a something we can laugh at while helping out. Good sense of humor. Jewish!

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I tend to agree with Val's list of bozos.
And, those who didn't make her list.
I'll go back further and enlarge the NON-bozo list, post WWII:

Eisenhower--smart man, imho, especially for warning us about the military industrial complex
Truman

@ melem I like your title, long though it is and although Bush's mental capacity has been discussed before, I think you have a fresh approach.

@ dgtempe I sooo hope your friend will be willing to add his expertise. That will be a post to read

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I don't think Bush is drunk, on drugs, retarded or any of the things you mention. I think this is the way he is.

I think he's not comfortable with power. I think he dislikes the spotlight. He's not a great speaker, at all. He has limited charisma. He has a daddy who shoes it is not possible for him to fill.
He appears ill at ease in front of crowds, in addition to being a poor public speaker. This causes him to do strange things as well as make many faux paus. His sense of humor doesn't transfer well to us.

Bottom line:
He's in way over his head.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Elect Jon Stewart for President of the United States in 2008!!!

Why? Political Savvy. Charismatic. Rational, logical thinker. Has many many connections and friends in government and worldwide already. Ability to turn crisis into a something we can laugh at while helping out. Good sense of humor. Jewish!

ROFL. How is he without his writers to back him up? I think that is one of the biggest problems in politics these days. We only see a scripted image instead of the actual person. Every word, every movement is carefully scripted by a bunch of so called experts. Then when it all hits the fan and there is no script, we complain about how unprepared they were.

I find it interesting that Eisenhower was named as one of the last non-Bozos. Eisnehower was the last President who was also a senior military leader. I don't count Kennedy because he was only a Lieutenant. Eisenhower had past experience at making descisions when it hit the fan.

Eisenhower was also the last President who attended West Point instead of some liberal College. (No I don't count Carter who was a Naval Academy graduate)

[edit on 15-8-2006 by JIMC5499]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I find it interesting that Eisenhower was named as one of the last non-Bozos. Eisnehower was the last President who was also a senior military leader.

Military does not = bozoness.
Check out this speech, especially the last half.
mcadams.posc.mu.edu...

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

Furthermore, even if Bush were to deliver the above speech, his public speaking skills would dilute the speech. He makes me uncomfortable just watching him speak. And I voted for him......twice.

Not that I could do any better in front of millions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GENERAL THREAD NOTE:
But, let's at least try to stay on the topic which is Bush's brain. It's one thing to compare Bush to others, but let's keep Dubya as the main event.
If you want to start a thread about another's presidential worthiness, like Jon Stewart, a new thread should be started in this forum.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Funny that you mentioned this because I posted this last week after the terror plot was foiled. He just seems like he is really on edge and....well....scared.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join