It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
we also have another threat too

The dissident republican Real IRA has claimed responsibility for the firebomb attacks on stores in Newry this week.

Firebombs destroyed JJB Sports and CarpetRight stores in the town whilst a TK Maxx store and MFI outlet were among those badly damaged on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, the cross-border railway line between Newry and Dundalk has been closed while police carry out a search.

It follows the Real IRA's warning in its statement that there may be unexploded devices on the line.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Real IRA (break away from the PIRA) are causing problems too

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
That is what is annoying me. Yeah oks knows this place is a conspiracy site n all, but heck the UK has lived through terroist attacks for years, So All these new security precautions are nothing new here ya know. Heck I was at Heathrow Airport on the night the IRA were attacking it Years ago. So it is nothing new with whats happening. (Oh Ill be waiting for someone to say that was a Gov inside Job)

I remember armed police taking us to our plane and being body searched at 6 in Belfast. Its nothing new to us. Thats why i don't understand everyone shouting conspiracy, we'ved had terrorism since the 1800s.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I remember armed police taking us to our plane and being body searched at 6 in Belfast. Its nothing new to us. Thats why i don't understand everyone shouting conspiracy, we'ved had terrorism since the 1800s.

Eh I knows, Before we landed we had to circle around the airport for 20 mins. Also I was sitting in Terminal 4 or 5, along with 4000 other passengers. A Group of us were makin up a kitty to start buying drink, cause all of the flights were cancelled that night. The roof of that terminal was hit by a Dummy Bomb, so yeah I know what fear is like, we heard the thud too, looked at each and thought oks time to move and get out of here.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

A bit more news. - There is an "Afghanistan based Al Quaeda connection" hmmm No Iran?

!!!!!!!!!! Not everything terror based connected has anything to do with Iran ya know.... Lets all just blame Iran for everything that is happenin in the World today...

I thought that they might concoct a fake link to justify the long awaited attack on Iran. I'm not blaming Iran. I'm not being too serious, I was reffering to an earlier poster who said that they suspected a false tie to appear.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I thought that they might concoct a fake link to justify the long awaited attack on Iran. I'm not blaming Iran

eh? When have I ever posted a fake link on this forum??

NEVER!

Aights I picked ya up wrong

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
just so everyone will know cnn just said that they have already released one of the terriost person they caught yesterday. yelp just another attempt to make us scared.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
hey guys. this is my first post but I have been reading all of your guys' posts for the past few months and I find this site absolutely fascinating. I am of the belief that this site needs to exist in order for us to get different opinions and views other than those presented to us every night on the news.
Anyways, I was thinking how strange it is that this latest "thwarted terrorist attack" also coincided with the release of the movie "World Trade Center". you could almost see this as a way for the government to keep the war machine rolling. what'dya think?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckenny2k4
here are the names of the people theyre 'blaming'

skynews

funny how theyre all arabic/asian names, well, we didnt see that comin did we....

funny how people of arabic/asian descent have arabic/asian names isn't it

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I thought that they might concoct a fake link to justify the long awaited attack on Iran.

Erps I apologise once again thought you were referring to me, wasnt until I read your post properly slaps head!!!!!!!!!!......

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
just so everyone will know cnn just said that they have already released one of the terriost person they caught yesterday. yelp just another attempt to make us scared.

i have been saying the same thing since i heard about it yesterday
good find!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioheadCydonia
you could almost see this as a way for the government to keep the war machine rolling. what'dya think?

The movie is about 3 guys trapped and the crazy marine who finds them. Don't waste your $8, we saw it happening live.

But every bit of scare tactic IS about keeping the war machine rolling. No doubt about that. WTC is about rallying the troops. Any mention of 9/11 is too.

Guess the ones the BOE got the names of won't be making any car payments this month.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
How effective is removing liquids from everyone? Especially if they think liquids are a problem.

...Why aren't people thinking!?!?!?!

Here's a simple solution to the entire problem............ Let's ban planes.

Problem solved.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
That's right, Loam. Next, they'll be taking Xrays of people--what's to stop someone from having a bomb implanted somewhere on your body? Is this all worth it???
I think its ludicrous- and yes- just ban air travel, WTH.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What does Israel do for airport security?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Good catch. I see it posted on several sites now. Same wording with very little detail.

The only thing is, if they thwarted the plot, why did
MI5 just change the threat level to critical?

The current threat level is assessed as CRITICAL (as of 10th August 2006). This means that an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK.

Well, from listening to what Gonzales had to say today, they're not completely sure they thwarted a plot. Keep in mind the media will embellish. Niether the UK or US govts. are saying they thwarted anything. They just hampered their plans maybe enough that it is a wash.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What I find disturbing is that the UK held it secret for so long and even then, wouldn't give the US the whole thing. They were worried it would be leaked and show up in the NY Times the next day. That I blame the President for. He should've done away with the leaks when he first took office. Way too wishy washy. Politics are politics and the other side will do anything to hurt the current admin.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit

Originally posted by makeitso
Good catch. I see it posted on several sites now. Same wording with very little detail.

The only thing is, if they thwarted the plot, why did
MI5 just change the threat level to critical?

The current threat level is assessed as CRITICAL (as of 10th August 2006). This means that an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK.

Well, from listening to what Gonzales had to say today, they're not completely sure they thwarted a plot. Keep in mind the media will embellish. Niether the UK or US govts. are saying they thwarted anything. They just hampered their plans maybe enough that it is a wash.

mi5 changed the status level to critical at 2am yesterday morning when the raids took place,

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
well it will be interesting to see what the guy they have just released without charge has to say about all this...

I wonder if he will make a statement? The brothers from Forest Gate (one of whom was shot) were released and they stood up and spoke about it.

I wouldn't hold much by Pakistan saying there's a link to ALQ in Afghanistan as I think that's mainly because they don't want to admit it originated in Pakistan which is where ALQ are hiding but nobody seems to do anything about that...

also the following from the UK (Scotland) newspaper the Scotsman...

'But despite having held them for nearly two days at Paddington Green police station in London, officers last night were still to begin questioning the suspects - although one was released. Under new laws, the police have 28 days to hold suspects before they must be either charged or released.'

I find that amazing they have not questioned them yet! I thought they were questioning them to locate any other members still at large? Didn't John Reid say that yesterday?

[edit on 11-8-2006 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

What I find disturbing is that the UK held it secret for so long and even then, wouldn't give the US the whole thing. They were worried it would be leaked and show up in the NY Times the next day. That I blame the President for. He should've done away with the leaks when he first took office. Way too wishy washy. Politics are politics and the other side will do anything to hurt the current admin.

Yeah let us tell you lot what is going on in our intel/security services only for your own security services to leak it out how wonderfull........ NOTTTTTTTTT

If we cant trust you americans in the past, for your loud mouth press conferences, why should us in the UK trust you now!!!!

Tthat is why your Ggov was told to shutr its gob for once!!!

[edit on 11-8-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I know where this is going.

A grand push to have all frequent flyers submit to a full background check.

More invasions of our privacy in return for "security "

They will also have to deal with problems such as musicians with delicate or rare instruments.
There's no way you're going to place your concert violin or that vintage guitar in the cargo hold under the care of baggage handlers.
The temperature extremes will also destroy them.

The same will also go for laptops loaded with critical business and personal data.

Once a few high end laptops turn up missing, business travelers will demand carry on rights.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join