It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
And what is the reason for the reluctance to infiltrate and report on such Islamic fundamentalists? Loyalty to religion?

fear of being seen as a traitor by extremist and their families being targetted by them too. Is got nothing to do with religion, if you read the Qur'an, you will see clearly that Islamic terrorism and fundamentalism goes against Islam.

Think of the IRA (one of the terrorist groups America funded), if you was found out to be a spy, you got the IRA "traitors" death....

[edit on 11-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Leaders from Muslim Communitys have reacted in shock and disbelief, cynicism at the News of the foiled terror plot, and have warned of Uproar being provoked with regards to the comments made in the media with regards to this.

Fahad Ansari,

"I think you will get cynicism from the community," he said. "Over the last few years we have seen many high-profile raids like this plastered over the press to terrify the public.

From Sky news If you believe what they are saying:

news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Its interesting that they are now focusing on the media and are taking a united stand with the government.

Plus, i think its good that some Irams are refusing to give a political view and taking the politics out of Islam. That is a wise move and a good starting point to work through these community problems.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A bit more news. - There is an "Afghanistan based Al Qaeda connection" hmmm No Iran?

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
When this broke on the news yesterday, I thought uh oh, Took me back to when the IRA attacked British Cities!!!!!

Now after stewing over it for 24 hours an watching, yeah im having doubts, but how would we have reacted if they did not do anything and this did happen?

I know for a fact all hell would be breakin loose right now in the UK.

Will this raise tensions between Muslims groups and other groups in the communities in the UK?? Knows there is a rise of racial attacks between communities in the UK.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
A bit more news. - There is an "Afghanistan based Al Quaeda connection" hmmm No Iran?

why would Iran be mentioned?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

A bit more news. - There is an "Afghanistan based Al Quaeda connection" hmmm No Iran?

!!!!!!!!!! Not everything terror based connected has anything to do with Iran ya know.... Lets all just blame Iran for everything that is happenin in the World today...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just watched an news piece from an airport in the States, was on CNN.
The reporter was interviewing a passenger about the ban on liquids. The passenger had her liquids in her pockets, lotion, toothpaste etc. So unless they do a search of everyone by hand, this ban is totally useless. The camera man also did a sweep shot and there were many passengers doing the same thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Just watched an news piece from an airport in the States, was on CNN.

The reporter was interviewing a passenger about the ban on liquids. The passenger had her liquids in her pockets, lotion, toothpaste etc. So unless they do a search of everyone by hand, this ban is totally useless. The camera man also did a sweep shot and there were many passengers doing the same thing.

LOL classic!!!!!! Do not know if any passengers on this side of the atlantic are trying the same thing. People will go out of their way to take their personal belongins on to planes

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
The passenger had her liquids in her pockets, lotion, toothpaste etc. So unless they do a search of everyone by hand, this ban is totally useless.

UK airports were doing physical searches of all passengers yesterday and, I assume, today also.

What I find interesting is the apparent determination of, presumably innocent, passengers to avoid the new regulations, thereby undermining the security and making the delays longer for everyone else. Fine upstanding citizens one and all.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
why oh why cant people just cooperate - first rule should be - oh well you broke the rules - now for a full cavity search just to be sure

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
why oh why cant people just cooperate - first rule should be - oh well you broke the rules - now for a full cavity search just to be sure

Actually, that is absolutely what is necessary to be sure. Full cavity searchs for everyone. How many people would agree to that one?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

But thats human nature for you eh!! Tte rules are there for people to try and break them, knows it is inconveniant for everyone else, i.e. longer delays an such, but people will try and break the rules.

Actually, that is absolutely what is necessary to be sure. Full cavity searchs for everyone. How many people would agree to that one?

Maybe it would be oks for the US, but there would be problems over here in the UK in doing Cavity Searches, Civil Liberties for one and Human rights, I can see it now stretched across the Press, Airport Security Staff Sued for violation of Civil Liberties and Human rights violations.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Did the authorities stop a dry run and confiscate the liquid explosive on Sunday Aug 6th?

Unconfirmed reports that a London to Boston flight turned around mid flight and returned to Heathrow Sunday. 4 people were removed from the plane and during a search of their belongings liquid explosives were found.

After a quick search, I found an article about a London to Boston flight that was turned around Sunday due to a "security risk" which had 4 people removed after landing back at Heathrow.

Can anyone confirm?

Do I remember correctly that Blair called Bush Sunday?

[edit on 8/11/06 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
How effective is removing liquids from everyone? Especially if they think liquids are a problem. Then they're just dumping them all in a big bin and throwing them all away. Who will ever know if there was something dangerous in there? Unless they search and evaluate every single item confiscated, what good is this doing?

And if they don't think there's anything dangerous, then why are they confiscating it???

And if there WERE something dangerous in one or more of these liquids, how stupid is it to throw them all in a bin together INSIDE the airport?

Why aren't people thinking!?!?!?!

What are they doing? Getting us accustomed to turning over our possessions on demand, perhaps? For our safety, of course...

Showing us that they're doing SOMETHING! They're so totally incompetant to keep us safe that they have to confiscate ladies' make-up so we'll feel safer.

How long is it going to be until the big bad terrorists put their explosives in a baby food jar?

People are so stupid it makes me sick!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

How long is it going to be until the big bad terrorists put their explosives in a baby food jar?

They are already doing that over here in the UK, mothers have to open the jars and taste them including baby milk in front of security staff, to make sure no substances are in them, I knows its all gone to pot. No one is being trusted nowadays.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I remember that incident but at the time they said that the plane was turned back due to the fact that someone on board was on the "No Fly List", and the three other people questioned were traveling with him. But I don’t recall anything about liquid explosives.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
(no way am I reading all 37 pages of this, so please pardon me if this was already posted)

Bank of England has a news release:

Financial Sanctions: Terrorist Financing

11 August 2006

This news release is issued in respect of the financial measures taken against terrorism.

The Bank of England, as agent for Her Majesty’s Treasury, has today directed that any funds held for or on behalf of the individuals named in the Annex to this News Release must be frozen (see Key Resources below for Annex), and that no funds should be made available, directly or indirectly to any person, except under the authority of a licence.

Financial institutions and other persons are requested to check whether they maintain any accounts or otherwise hold any funds, other financial assets, economic benefits and economic resources for the individuals named in the Annex and, if so, they should freeze the accounts or other funds and report their findings to the Bank of England.

The names in the Annex are in addition to those listed in previous Bank Notices containing directions under Article 4 of the Terrorism (United Nations Measures) Order 2001 (S.I. 2001/3365) and under Article 8 of the Al-Qa’ida and Taliban (United Nations Measures) Order 2002 (S.I. 2002/111, as amended).

Previous Notices and news releases related to Terrorism, Al-Qa’ida and the Taliban and a consolidated list of individuals and entities subject to these and other UK financial sanctions regimes are available from the Financial Sanctions pages.

They are freezing the suspects accounts, and list the names and addresses on this .pdf file:
www.bankofengland.co.uk...

[edit on 11-8-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My Dad has informed me that this isn't the first time that hand luggage has been banned from aircraft in the UK. My Dad served in Northern Ireland (in the British army) and he said there was a ban during the 70s due to the troubles

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

My Dad has informed me that this isn't the first time that hand luggage has been banned from aircraft in the UK. My Dad served in Northern Ireland (in the British army) and he said there was a ban during the 70s due to the troubles

That is what is annoying me. Yeah oks knows this place is a conspiracy site n all, but heck the UK has lived through terroist attacks for years, So All these new security precautions are nothing new here ya know. Heck I was at Heathrow Airport on the night the IRA were attacking it Years ago. So it is nothing new with whats happening. (Oh Ill be waiting for someone to say that was a Gov inside Job)

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join