It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

44-Year-Old Man Faces ID Ordeal When Buying Beer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
dgtempe the hanburgler made your piont seem mute on his first reply at the beginning of this thead when he said when this becomes more than a totally isolated incident that 44 year olds have this happening to them, otherwise concede the argument

i have read your other threads and i agree with your perspective on alot of them, but to be seen as someone who is a good debater and someone full of respectable ideas , you must also be able to understand when someone has a more accurate account of the situation, swallow your pride, at least this is my take

[edit on 27-7-2006 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I will be honest I am not 21 and I was able to buy quite alot of beer last weekend for a party. I just happen to know where to go without being ID's. I was not even drinking either, I was financing the party. Although that could perhaps be why my credit card was put on hold pending I fill out the paperwork they send me for what appears to be fraudulant charges. Oops...

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You mean give it up??

Well, that's not the way i do things. Sorry. Dont worry, this thread will die soon, just like all the others. Make no mistake about that.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It ain't dead yet.

If you have a driver's license or social security card or credit card or fishing license or virtually anything issued to you, "THEY" already have all the info they need. So what would be the point of "THEY" obtaining info off a driver's license from somebody buying a beer? If you're on the grid, you're on the grid. "THEY" know what you buy, what you rent, what you read, what you watch...

Are we suggesting "THEY" are going to start rounding up the beer drinkers? Man, that's a crowd "THEY" do NOT want to mess with. And I'm in it.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
See proof positive this is not an isolated instance so you can put away your panic pills.

The fact that this is not an isolated incident is REASON to panic, or at least be very concerned. If clerks are checking our IDs to buy alcohol, the only information they need is DOB. Just to know we're old enough. That's the law.

If they're taking other information from the DL (name, address, DL number, etc) there is even more reason to be concerned! Your information is going into one of the government databases, you can be sure.

But don't panic, it's ALL part of the show...

/sarcasm

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My feelings are if you wish to card me fine. If you wish to harvest my personal data, we have a problem. Why exactly does the store need a written record that you bought beer there? Where does this info go? Call me paranoid, but these subtle changes do not go unnoticed by all. If you want to photocopy and/or write down my info, I will go elsewhere. My privacy has been invaded enough & it looks as though it will be invaded more. Screw them if it is 'policy' now. On a side note, I recall being carded once and the lady said my id didnt look like me. I told her that if you renew it every few years, changes happen. She insisted that I sign 'the book'. I did and she then claims that the signatures didn't match. WTF lady, it was beer not vicodin. This stuff bothers the hell out of me.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Shots,

Entering the DOB on registers is old. Your little blurb doesnt mention name, address and such specifics. Besides, i always take 10 years off and give a fake dob- who's going to question it???

Even if they ask you your date of birth, you're using your discount card, and they have all your info, its not as cojonuo (figure that one out)
as to come out and blatantly ask for all your info right there.

As I stated they have been doing it for sometime here 3 years for wally world and the major food chains have been doing it for over a year. Yes all the info is written down and there is a reason for it. You see they want to catch people like yourself who use fake dobs.
I hope you realize that by using fake info you are the cause of the problem yet the very first to complain about it HMMMMMMM.

Now if you think that is bad imagine what one has to do to buy OTC cold medications now? In addition to your name address and last time you took a dump, they write down exactly what you bought and how much just so you can not purchase enough to make meth as some do. Now that is a real pain especially if you have a family of four who have allergies during season since by law you can only buy enough for one person at a time for a given period of time.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ohh it bothers the hell out of me, too. I just don't think it's part of any NWO PTB WTF conspiracy. I'm not expected to be interrogated by some Conrad Veidt knockoff because I bought a beer.

"Ve hoff known off youah beer trinking, mein Herrrrrr. NOW SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!!"

Face it, no gov't agency needs to rely on some clerk to get the info off your license because they already have it. And that being the case, I ain't giving it up to any doofus that asks for it especially if they're copying it down.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by shots
See proof positive this is not an isolated instance so you can put away your panic pills.

The fact that this is not an isolated incident is REASON to panic, or at least be very concerned. If clerks are checking our IDs to buy alcohol, the only information they need is DOB. Just to know we're old enough. That's the law.

If they're taking other information from the DL (name, address, DL number, etc) there is even more reason to be concerned! Your information is going into one of the government databases, you can be sure.

But don't panic, it's ALL part of the show...

/sarcasm

EVERYTHING ON YOUR DL IS ALREADY IN A GOVERNMENT DATABASE! every time you use a creduit card they know what you bought and where you bought it. when you use a loyalty card its the same thing. if the store you go into has a cctv system you will be on camera, and "they" can find out what you bought. the government could care less. this is not the whole story, its most likely over exagterated, IT HAS A SHAMELESS PLUG for alex jones in it. it is a irresponsible atricle. and its making you and others panic and be concerned. havent "they" already won then?

also on my dl it does not say my ss number

also this is a free country, the man could have decied to buy his beer somewhere else if he didnt agree with the policy. maybe he should have called the police, instead of plugging alex jones infowars in the store. you are all being decieved by mr jones imo

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Trash_Bag_Helmet]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Calm down, dude.

This article is not making me panic or even be concerned. I have been suspicious about such things long before now.

I know that everything on my DL is in a database. Duh. The DMV is a state dept. with connections to the federal highway dept. But what they didn't know was that on July 24, 2006, I bought a beer at the Chevron Station on 3rd and Main. Now they do.

My suspicion is that this is the beginning of 'tracking'. This is the first step in the process of having to show ID for everything I buy and everywhere I go.

And if they have my name, they can also get my ss number.

I feel like a number.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The fact that this is not an isolated incident is REASON to panic, or at least be very concerned.

seems like it is making you panic. how do they know you bought a beer at 3rd and main. did they copy all your info when you bought yours? YOU HAVE TO SHOW ID to buy beer anyway. of course they will ask for your id. if a store makes a single mistake with id they can have thier liscence pulled or huge fines. dude, "they" already have your ss number too. ALEX JONES is decieving you, he does this from time to time. puts up an article that is irresponsible and hardly researched, and everyone gets all paranoid cause some woman in arizona percieved that her husband was treated unfairly. maybe she was trying to get back at the cheveron station, the employee or owner. who knows. i believe this is made up or exagerated to generated more interest and obbsession with the so called enroachment on our freedoms. they are trying to keep you tangled in this paranoia and fear that someday soon they will take you freedom. people have been saying that for years, and it hasnt happened.they already have all your info, believe me they dont want it another time

please look at this issue without letting emotions cloud your vision. this is not a big deal

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I know that everything on my DL is in a database. Duh. The DMV is a state dept. with connections to the federal highway dept. But what they didn't know was that on July 24, 2006, I bought a beer at the Chevron Station on 3rd and Main. Now they do.

My suspicion is that this is the beginning of 'tracking'. This is the first step in the process of having to show ID for everything I buy and everywhere I go.
[edit on 27-7-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

This is where this will go, if it becomes normal behavior:

Random mental news report: NOT REAL:
["We track beer sales to make sure of drinking and driving issues. Just last night, we caught a drinking driver before he was drunk, with an open bottle of beer in his hand, after the Stop'n'Rob on the corner of 8th and Dummie St. turned his Driver's Liscense code in for report of buying booze on his way home from work."
All over 1 beer from someone who has never been a drunk driver.
Most likely was a bottle of O'dools, as well. (N/A beer.)
Same police man who stopped and arrested the guy is the police man who is in the Mardi Gras parade, in his car, on duty, with an open beer can on the dashboard.]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Louisiana:
Oh, and that reminds me, most clubs near college campuses scan your ID into their system, and it's connected to the state's ID database. Only one step further to bann someone from a club who is an Alcoholic.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
alex jones is a fear monger. he has some thing on his site everyweek about this or that and it never ever happens. he is manipulating people, for who or why i dont know, but he is for sure manipulating people and spreading fear. he is obviously very paranoid and it seems like he has been getting worse. just because someone is 'on your side' dosent mean he is not manipulating you. just try to realize when youre emotions are being manipulated.

also hes always trying to SELL us something, if you havent noticed.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This story is preposterous. I read it on Alex Jones and then cnn and was wondering why it was even an issue. Some little mini mart starts to do this and then all of a sudden the sky is falling and big bro is coming to get us. Big bro will never come get us or take away our rights as the American population would never stand for it; not to mention we are too well armed for the government to go up against. 90% of the armed forces would never initiate action against the average innocent citizen anyway. I just don't subscribe to this whole NWO, losing all of our rights 1984 jargon. Sure I see some disturbing trends as we all do, but I think if it keeps up eventually the country will have had enough and kicks these bums out.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't put much stock in anything that comes from that website(prison planet). However, if it is true then it is nothing more than an isolated incident that should be challenged in a court of law.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's the girl, the same girl, I'm sure of it. She moves the "special" beer to the front
of the display case and waits for the first person to come along and buy that
"special" beer. She's been instructed to get the names and addresses of all of the
customers that purchase the "special" beer. Supposedly, she then calls in to an
unlisted number, a recording machine.
After the transaction has taken place, she then quits her job and heads for some
other city or town, always finding a local convenience store that will hire her
part-time for night work. Alone, she once again puts the "special' beer in the front
of the display cases, and waits.
I wonder why that beer is so special? Wonder what it tastes like.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Heck, I get carded to buy cigarettes sometimes. CIGARETTES!!!

Geez!! I'm 43 friggin' years old!!!

But no, they have never written down any personal info. If they would have, I would have dealt with it, right then, right there. End of story.

Might land me in the clink for a minute, but once we go to court, my lawyer will do the battling for me.

Clearly an invasion of privacy, imo. Even if it was just a cashier.

btw - I don't drink, so I can't comment on buying alcohol.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was with a friend once who was buying condoms and the lady behind the check out counter tried to make my friend show ID to prove he was 18. If anyone does not know why that is funny it is because there is no age requirement to buy condoms. The lady was dead serious and getting madder by the minute because we were laughing at her. In the end she had to concede that she was wrong and sell him the condoms. Trust me when I say that it is not a conspiracy. It is just a percentage of idiots who work low paying jobs. I know that sounds bad and I do not believe everyone who works at a gas station or small store is a moron (I worked at a grocery store in HS) but honestly some of my strangest stories involve clerks at convenient stores and gas stations. When I worked in a grocery store a group of friends and I would just take turns screwing with the customers to see how upset we could make them. It was a fun game. I know it was childish and stupid but hey I was in High School and it was a boring ass job.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone posted this yet or not I do not have time to read it all, but maybe this lady was actually stealing his information. On a drivers ID some people put their SS number, along with adress, date of birth, it would be perfect for applying to some credit card and charging the hell out of it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join