It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

44-Year-Old Man Faces ID Ordeal When Buying Beer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Agreed.

Some of my best friends here are political enemies

Just ask.

i can imagine

nice avatar btw

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Some of my best friends here are political enemies

Yep, I love dg, but we're about as far apart politically as any two people can be!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thank you Djohn, Love you too

There is so much more to life than politics, dont you agree??

Like charm, warmth, understanding...Its not all about politics.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I took this picture at Garcia's Kitchen, where I hang out and flirt with the young ladies. I think this might explain why some establishments would be cautious about selling alcohol. However, I don't think I would allow a convenience store clerk to record my personal data just for a beer. It should be remembered that most store require a Driver's License number to cash a check, so I guess it might depend on what data was being recorded.

i2.photobucket.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Better watch out, Grady, taking pictures can get you into deeeep trouble nowadays

I'm glad you got out safely.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

There is so much more to life than politics, dont you agree??

Like charm, warmth, understanding...Its not all about politics.

Yeah, can't we all just get along ?

Anyway, you are a beautiful person and a great American dg, so why would I have anything against you? This is a free country and we can discuss and debate what our government should do freely, openly, and without any risk of retaliation.

[edit on 7/28/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Oh Gosh, thank you so much, Dj, i dont know what to say.

So i'll quit while i'm ahead.
You're wonderful yourself.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I think this might explain why some establishments would be cautious about selling alcohol. However, I don't think I would allow a convenience store clerk to record my personal data just for a beer. It should be remembered that most store require a Driver's License number to cash a check, so I guess it might depend on what data was being recorded.

I can understand caution and carding, what I can not understand is writing down ANY of the information by hand being necessary
The only logical thing I can think of that would require doing this would be identity thieft.

until just last year ohio had your SSN optionally put on your drivers liscence
that was rulled illegal and had to be removed, im not sure if it's like that everywhere

My drivers liscence has my Name, DOB, and Address all still printed on it, even without the SSN that's alot of potentially dangerous info, albiet only a little more so than a telephone book.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I would be more afraid of identity theft more than anything else. I haven't been ID'd in ages and I'm only 32. Anyway if that happened to me, I'd just snatch my ID back and go to another store. I mean there isn't just one place to buy beer!

[edit on 7/27/2006 by djohnsto77]

Identity theft was the first thing that came to mind for me also.
I've had to keep up on laws for alcohol sales for years and there's nothing on the books here in Missouri stating you need to write down the customer's personal info.
Unless the person appears intoxicated at which point you refuse the sale and take down the plate number to give the cops.

Seems to me the cashier wants some free stuff at someone elses expense

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
you wanna know whats stupid also?

in new jersey you need to show 6 points of id at the motor vehicle comission
a photo id, a letter with your name and address, passport,birth certificate,ssn,and something else like a baptismal certificate........dont you think its a little too much for what they ask for already i mean come on 6 points of ID! make it 4 at least like main things we dont have to dedicate a week or so of searching towards, even if your photo and info is in the system already you still need all that crap!!!! so yeah they do go too far when it comes to id and stuff

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackhumvee113you wanna know whats stupid also?

Funny thing is everyday I see people digging in the trash for id at the DMV down the road from us. So in the course of "protecting" people they are creating more victims.

Ain't gov. grand?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Why would you let the person write down your info?
You just letting your personal info go for what ever wants to be done with it.
Like everyone else said " I.D. Theft"

I think people in this country need to get a liitle smarter, when asked for your drivers license hand them a state ID not your license. No one has the right to see it except the law. Just like your ssn. I have gone out and got a state ID just for this reason, I dont need someone running around with my drivers license number.

People need to start standing up for their rights, it seems everyone are always ready to handover their DL at any moment. Cmon people think, today the word is filled with scams, everone trying to get over on YOU!

Power to the people!

[edit on 30-7-2006 by ncbrian211]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Lets all go to this particular station- I believe most of the US have them. Get yourself 1 beer, and lets test for ourselves what happens.
I dont drink beer, but i would buy one just to see how far you REALLY get pushed.

Lets do it.

THEN- lets post our experiences here. OK?

[edit on 30-7-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

SOURCE

Clerk began writing down details of drivers license, "We can't sell beer without it"

Paul Joseph Watson/Prison Planet.com | July 26 2006

A reader writes to us to relate the story of a 44-year old man who was not only asked for ID when attempting to buy beer at a Chevron gas station, but the employee actually began to write down the details of his drivers license to be able to sell him the beer.

"Yesterday 7/23 after seeing a movie with his friend, my husband decided to stop at a Chevron gas station to buy a can of beer before going back to his friends house. My husband is 44 years old and does not look like he is under 21," writes Donna.

"The clerk asked for his drivers license and proceeded to write down all his personal information on a piece of paper. She said she could not sell him a beer without all his information."

Is everyone willing to show ID and have a bunch of information written down for the priviledge of enjoying a beer?
Well, apparently its comming to that.

Stop the insanity-please!!!
This is just getting out of hand- and nobody can do anything????

If you're old enough whats the problem?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

. The result is that stores in major cities are under police pressure to demand ID for alcohol sales even if the person is clearly over the legal age limit of 18.

What a load of rubbish.

How can a person ever be clearly over the age of 18?

When I was 15 I could get served for beer, and the first time I ever got ID'd was when I was 20. Did I care? no. Why? because I was old enough.

Its very difficult to tell the ages of people. The person who writes that blog is obviously a moron.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If you're old enough whats the problem? None. I'm just psychotic

I'm the resident paranoid here-

MJ

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
On the news today I saw that a company in Melbourne FL is now marketing and installing a fingerprint ID at convenient stores. This system is linked to your favorite credit card or bank account. Finger In = transaction done, ID confirmed.

No driver license or other ID check needed. IN a hurry ? Run past the machine with beer, finger inserted half a second and go. No clerk's doing ID theft! Caution: Be leery of a clerk with a butcher knife looking at your finger.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join