It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the fuss about Masons?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Much has been said about the secrecy of the Masons, the conspiracy of having a "Temple" in Washington D.C. near the White House, yadda yadda.

This link

www.mercurynews.com...

has some interesting information regarding the House of the Temple (HQ of the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry (Southern Jurisdiction) It even mentions internet conspiracy theories and the wild speculations of non-Masons, etc.

Thought those of you who insist upon beating the poor old dead Masonic horse might find this interesting.

Masons might find it interesting as well.

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 6-11-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wow! If i'm ever up that way I'll have to stop by and see it. I heard Washington has a lot of beautiful architecture everywhere you look. Say they won't let you look at Pikes bones huh? That sounds like a request my numbskull Masonic friend would ask.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What they don't know, people fear and try to ostracize. That's been true for millennia. Plus ce change, plus ce meme chose.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
if there's one thing that's remained from ancient masons to modern freemasons, it's definately that they create some fantastic buildings.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
House of the Temple

For those of you yearning for a gander.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdenKaia
House of the Temple
For those of you yearning for a gander.

Thanks for posting the picture! You can also gander at the inside with the Virtual Tour.

www.srmason-sj.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I don't really know why all the fuss about Masons. I just saw yesterday a Mason standing in the burning Hot sun collecting money for the childrens hospitol. I think more of us should be like the Masons, the world would be a better place.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
is that all you do on a debate , nit-picking peoples spelling? there are other forums for that

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What everyone forgets is that Mason's do alot of charity work... no matter what the religion/background of the cause is. Now if everyone took a leaf out of thier book I reckon the world would be a better place

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I wouldn't be a better place it would be worse

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It would be a worse place if people got off their butts and helped their fellow man? or made an effort to better themselves and educate themselves? or do you mean it would be a worse place if we all made an attempt to look beyond religous and cultural differences?

Cause these are the things that masons do, and i cant see anything wrong with them or belive that the world would be a worse place for it.. and if you think that it would make the world a worse place.. i shudder to think what your vision of a better world would be

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well shucks.. he went and got banned before he could respond. Ohhh well, he wasnt very good at this anyways

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Most of you clearly don't know anything about the masonic history.
And i don't mean only history as "has bin" but also as "will be".

Maybe some of you are proud members of a lodge. Proud to be working on self enlightenment and knowledge. Proud to give something back to your fellow man. that's what I'm hearing.

The masonic temples indeed are places where enlightened ones gather to work on themselves and create a better world. for themselves.

Why oh why do the GLOBAL secret societies like the freemasonry, keep so much secrecy. There is even secrecy within the different levels of the organisations. Are you saying it is for our good?

They have enormous temples and yes they are beautifull. But they are full with OCCULT symbolism.

Take some time to investigate the history of these organisations.
Your view on their intentions will change. I don't think that, I know it!

Open your eyes

history of freemasonry

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by random hero
if there's one thing that's remained from ancient masons to modern freemasons, it's definately that they create some fantastic buildings.

Ancient Masons? Modern Freemasons? Buildings?
The "ancient masons" that your talking about aren't stone masons, are they? Completely seperate thing.

Anyway, the 'fuss about masons' is all contributed to one thing. Misunderstanding. Even BuddhaLight here has been mislead.

Originally posted by buddhaLight
Why oh why do the GLOBAL secret societies like the freemasonry, keep so much secrecy. There is even secrecy within the different levels of the organisations. Are you saying it is for our good?
They have enormous temples and yes they are beautifull. But they are full with OCCULT symbolism.

You can find any kind of symbolism anywhere, provided that your looking for it. If people were to tell you over and over again that 'clouds are evil', you would eventually go outside, and look at the clouds. You would be convinced that they were evil, and you would look for a sign. Your mind will see, form, shape, and twist your perception to see what you want.
This is what has happened here.
People constantly talk about how 'evil' the freemasons are, due to their own misunderstanding, and their 'facts' that they have 'formed'.

Sorry to be cliche, but considering that no-one has said it in this thread, I will.
The Freemason are not a secret society. The Freemason are a society with secrets.
Just as any other 'society'.
Companies don't tell you what they use in their products.
They don't tell you when your stock is going to crash.
Your own country's administration tells you next to nothing about their affairs.
Does that mean that they are secret companies and secret countries? No.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
freemasons?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by born_to_be_wired
freemasons?

The men wearing Masonic aprons are.

I can't recall the circumstances (but this has been on ATS before) Bush (as Gov. of Texas) was signing some sort of proclamation or resolution for the Grand Masonic Lodge of Texas.

Not unordinary at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

freemasons?

The men wearing Masonic aprons are.

I can't recall the circumstances (but this has been on ATS before) Bush (as Gov. of Texas) was signing some sort of proclamation or resolution for the Grand Masonic Lodge of Texas.

Not unordinary at all.

yeah and "the other dude" is skull and boner, or should i say order of death

yeah i know i know, next youll claim its just a fraternity

....fraternity that runs USA, CIA, federal reserve....

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
A lot a members here are masons themselves or they're just very ignorant.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. (buddha)

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

yeah and "the other dude" is skull and boner, or should i say order of death
yeah i know i know, next youll claim its just a fraternity
....fraternity that runs USA, CIA, federal reserve....

No. I'll make no such claims.

I simply answered a question and have no intention of being "baited" by you or the likes of you.

Your intentions here are quite manifest.

I will have to say the appropriateness of your signature line is quite refreshing, though.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhaLight
A lot a members here are masons themselves or they're just very ignorant.
Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. (buddha)

Yes, there are a LOT of Masons here. That's never been a secret. What does it have to do with this thread?

And, by that same light, if ignorance is bliss, there are truly a lot of happy people on this list as well. 'tis a shame, but true.

Still doesn't clarify what you're trying to point out.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule. (Buddha)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join