It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 168
<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i don´t want to bug you people but there are some things in this game that i just can´t understand, like this unswer:

______ is two-thirds of one-half of one fourth of 240 ?

240/4=60

60/2=30

30/3=10

10X2=20

the answer for this question should be 20, but is 320!

how can this be?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToGet
How can they possibly update that r-counter in such a short time?

It will at least take hours after us posting before those forums are spidered right?

Even for Google.

EDIT: WAIT, I would recommend postng to blogs. That can go pretty fast.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by HardToGet]

They are static links and are instantaneous. Dont worry about the search engines.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by enomus

Originally posted by antipigopolist
I keep coming back to these parts of the riddle (if it is the actual riddle):

distribute this site URL far and wide
the result of spreading the URL

Maybe it has to do with spacing of the url as the answer i.e. far, wide, spreading....but I come up with errors when trying varios spacing of the URL as an answer. Tough riddle.

i tried that as well...tried

the-final-answer-to-everything.html &
t-h-e-f-i-n-a-l-a-n-s-w-e-r-t-o-e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.html

but according to that q_ answer we do have to wait for a specific number if referers.

Seriously people, this is not part of the riddle. Unique visits from linked websites is the simple reasoning here. Plus, if you search this thread, you will see where this has been tried before.

Please, the 101 stuff was MY theory. It was just that, A THEORY, because the ATS link to the game thread stopped at page 101. I thought that maybe 101 was a number that the counter needed to be at. Once this was pointed our to the admins by another member, the link was changed to go to the last post of this thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33
i don´t want to bug you people but there are some things in this game that i just can´t understand, like this unswer:

______ is two-thirds of one-half of one fourth of 240 ?

240/4=60

60/2=30

30/3=10

10X2=20

the answer for this question should be 20, but is 320!

how can this be?

That was discussed before. Current conclusion - could be a mistake.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
if anyone wants to brainstorm live, i'm in ats chat illuminati library.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToGet
How can they possibly update that r-counter in such a short time?

It will at least take hours after us posting before those forums are spidered right?

Even for Google.

EDIT: WAIT, I would recommend postng to blogs. That can go pretty fast.

From what I can tell, the website is using a google tracking service to track this, however, they're not using google's spidering. Basically, they're tracking how many different domains the website gets a hit from. What that means is that if you post on somewhere that probably won't get too many hits, you need to click on it from the link you posted to make sure it'll get counted.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Question: If you have a website and put a link on 2 different pages, does the r counter count 2 or 1 hits? If the r counter only requires the referring URL to be different, maybe linking on multiple pages of the same website will do it.

If it counts 2 and you have a website, just stick a link on multiple pages to the desired number. (dont forget to click on it)

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
blogs can be read via rss feeds lightning fast, I´ve already left about 6 comments using username HardToGet and Website: www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...

Comment:

There can be only one.

EDIT: If you want to find blogs fast: Google "blogger: post a comment".

Would this be considered spamming?

link   

Originally posted by Prote
Question: If you have a website and put a link on 2 different pages, does the r counter count 2 or 1 hits? If the r counter only requires the referring URL to be different, maybe linking on multiple pages of the same website will do it.

If it counts 2 and you have a website, just stick a link on multiple pages to the desired number. (dont forget to click on it)

i'm pretty sure it's going to count unique referers...so 10 links from the same url will only be counted as 1 link.

link   

Results 1 - 10 of about 538,000,000 for post a comment. (0.26 seconds)

we are so gettign that question

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

i'm pretty sure it's going to count unique referers...so 10 links from the same url will only be counted as 1 link.

So you tried it then?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

So you tried it then?

no, but i understand traffic stats and software. it's looking for unique referers by domain, not hits. i would guess way more than 104 people have clicked a link from different pages on different sites by now...even on this site people have the link in their sigs which shows up on different pages and people click on it, if they all counted we would be way past 104 by now. 104 sounds about right for unique domain referers to me...either way about to test my theory now and i'll let you know.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
okay i've posted this on profilenation.com
Now i'm going to make a bullitin on myspace

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
the counter isnt going up...either we're doing something wrong or the counter takes an hour to update

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
supposing the site is the prize, wich i don´t really believe

i must say that 150 refs to a site in two days is an exagerated expectation
the refs would never be that much in normal circunstances.

in fact we are all worthy of gaining the prize, afther all we made this site happen

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
the counter isnt going up...either we're doing something wrong or the counter takes an hour to update

I think stats are pulled or emailed periodically. Hence why we are to have patience.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

HardToGet said...
There can be only one.

25 juillet, 2006 23:03

I´ve lost count but must be over twenty posts by now...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

if it's a script, like a cron job or something it could be set to update every x amount of minutes/hours...which would make sense on a programming level and the fact that most of the time we've noticed jumps in the number it was always more than 1 at a time i believe...someone correct me if i'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i did just make 10 links from 10 pages on 1 domain and clicked them all just to test, i seriously doubt this will work though...it would make it too easy.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
this is ridiculous i coudnt even get one refferal, its stupid all the html tags didnt work and id either login and register and the links didnt even work

top topics

<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join