It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
is it just me or has it like stuk on 104
and hi btw ive been here since around page 3 i think just not bin to vocal as everything ive worked out has been about an hour late
an hey dont forget me on the list

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS

From my count, that's 30. The list was originally just people who've been on since I've started it, and I didn't check the posts before it, so a lot of names may be missing. Even if no more names are added, I think we are still, by far, probably the largest and most powerful group trying to solve this at the moment.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by AlienS]

There are others. I've been trying this as time permits since I first saw page1 of the thread. Many of us have jobs family and other obligations and can not stay here for long periods of time. I only post if I have a new thought. It took half my lunch just to catch up. It is still where it was yesterday evening where some had concluded there would be no question until enough visitors have come to the site.

I read a few pages back that someone had spoken to HUNT and that this was expected to last 30 days and that the site was found before expected. That would mean this thing could be hung up for days. If they estimated 30 days and we are in the middle the goal would maybe be half the visitors they expected for the whole 30 days?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've not been around most of the day, but I'll try to get back up to date soon. Whats the list of users for? You guys have any other updates?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've been working through this now since late Saturday I think and have been obsessed with this game. I was up for two days working on this during the throat question part and man that rocked when it got answered.
I'm not going anywhere until this is finished.

Funny I used to be a lurker here with maybe less than a dozen posts on ATS before this game.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
I second the other sites thing. If this is a race with "other groups" then publishing all your information is the worst strategy ever!

I think this is an ATS game coupled with marketing and sadism.

Half an hour ago I went through the websites mentioned here, however, I was only able to find comments expressing any interest in this game on digg.com website. Therefore, I'm 90% sure that if anyone is going to reach the finish, it's going to be a member of ATS.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey Everyone...

AS we are all working as a team, i really think we should take the answers off the wiki site. Sorry for mithering on but we are "our" group and we have worked hard and had late nights / early mornings at this. I really dont think we should post our answers.
Anybody agree?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
All of us say that there are 'other groups' working on this. Is that a fact, or just wild paranoia? If so, where are they posting?

I think that the more accessible we make this thing, the quicker we solve it. Here's what we need on TinWiki:

1) All the questions
2) All the answers
3) All the reasoning behind the answers
4) All the 'q_*' that give responses
5) All the *.html that give 'Out of sequence.' (not 'ERROR: Out of sequence.' or 'Your response is not correct.')

If one of the factors involved in soving this thie thing is creating numerous external links back to the site, then we need more help and more openess, not less.

What does it matter who solves this thing? We've come this far.

Peace,

-CW

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sillinous1
I've not been around most of the day, but I'll try to get back up to date soon. Whats the list of users for? You guys have any other updates?

We're still stuck at the question about distributing the URL, and it appears that we need 150 links from individual domains to continue. The list is just a list os members of ATS currently trying to figure this out, and at the moment, it has no other purpose but just to give everybody a good idea of the size of this group.

ATS users working on thefinalanswertoeverything.com
SFRemmy
Theodwra
cheshire cat
Fiverz
PokeyJoe
Freenrgy2
Crakeur
Imperium Americana
Mechanic 32
AlienS
Cutwolf
razor1000
Enrikez
infoseeker
enomus
Kellter
biggie smalls
derfred33
NinjaCodeMonkey
jimmabean
BILL DOOR
Seraph Sephiroth
NikTravs
Barcs
sillinous
redmage
Omniescient
imbalanced
AGENT_T
celticwarrior72
Trancer
Blaine91555
CuriousSkeptic
The Conspiracy Follower
l0rds0fcha0s
bcanyon470
catinthebox
sunshine7
avonwodahs
antipigopolist
JebusSaves
HokkaidoHillbilly
digitalassassin

Current Count : 43 Members
Anybody who wants to be added, please U2U me.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by AlienS]

link   
hey guys, sorry I havent been of much help the last day, but I have been very busy.
I take it we are still on the same question we have been on for the past 30 hours. what's the game plan i will do all i can to help.

link   

Originally posted by celticwarrior72
All of us say that there are 'other groups' working on this. Is that a fact, or just wild paranoia? If so, where are they posting?

I think that the more accessible we make this thing, the quicker we solve it. Here's what we need on TinWiki:

1) All the questions
2) All the answers
5) All the *.html that give 'Out of sequence.' (not 'ERROR: Out of sequence.' or 'Your response is not correct.')

If one of the factors involved in soving this thie thing is creating numerous external links back to the site, then we need more help and more openess, not less.

Peace,

-CW

Answers are there, q_ is there. Out of sequence, Error out of sequence, and response is not correct are all the same.

Someone else can have fun with the rest. I don't have all the Qs.

tinwiki.org...

The tinwiki if someone wants to get started.

link   
I just had a thought. Maybe this question is a practical.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i have been here for the past 4 or 5 days put me on the list.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

1) All the questions
2) All the answers

Peace,

-CW

I understand what you mean, but take, for example a pub quiz, would you give all your answers to everybody else in the pub? I know i wouldnt. Yes it doesnt matter who wins, and we are having fun (even tho we sometimes pull our hair out lol) but let them get there through THEIR hard work and not ours.
Isnt that part of the fun and part of playing the game?

[edit on 25-7-2006 by BILL DOOR]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
'Out of sequence.' seems only to appear to genuine answers. The other two messages are generated randomly. Try it.

-CW

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
it just jumped to 106...

link   
"q_" current list of answers tried

whynotquit
whybother
whoisthekeeper
imtiredofwaiting
whoistheanswerseeker
whatisthefinalanswer
whoaretheholdersofthetrueanswer
whoissso
whoissimon
whoisHUNT_ADMIN

all no good

I'm bored!

link   
Has there been any references to 150 different sites somewhere on ATS in the past? I really really think this question isn't about distributing to different sites and getting more people.

link   
Since i started this quiz a quiet indecipherable voice has been coming from the computer, has anybody else experienced this?

[edit on 25/7/06 by Seraph Sephiroth]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

1) All the questions
2) All the answers

Peace,

-CW

The only other group I'm aware of working on this is a google group with 5 members, however, they haven't gotten too far at all. On the blog, one of the names it mentions as having an interest in this was thunderarena.com, but that was just a site where I posted a quick link to this website at. From what I know, theres no group there, and only one other membet has actually shown any interest in this at all.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Has there been any references to 150 different sites somewhere on ATS in the past? I really really think this question isn't about distributing to different sites and getting more people.

So what do you think it is?

new topics

top topics

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join