It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You know what's really strange, and I don't mean to be off topic. But, about half an hour ago I googled "the final answer to everything" and our thread at ats was the first link. Now, I can't even find it. Coincidence? Or did some power/overseer decide it shouldn't be at the top of the list. Interesting, regardless

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Conspiracy Follower

Originally posted by AlienS
Ok. This is what I have so far.

ATS members working on thefinalanswertoeverything.com

SFRemmy
Theodwra
cheshire cat
Fiverz
PokeyJoe
Freenrgy2
Crakeur
Imperium Americana
Mechanic 32
AlienS
Cutwolf

Since some people are saying the conversation should be private, so we don't help the other groups, you can just U2U this list if you have something to say, but you don't want everybody to know about it.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by AlienS]

Do I have to point out that perhaps majority of answers to the previous questions were revealed by people from outside your "club"
By the way, some are still on this game but spending their time more efficiently, i.e. trying some answers, not just waiting.

I can do two things at once ... I am up to having clicked on 21 links from distinct outside domains as well as continually trying phrases on the page. And just because we are a list of people dedicated to solving it, doesn't mean that we are necessarily going to keep our findings private. However the system is free of restrictions ... there could be (and ARE) any number of people working on this without posting in this thread or joining ATS and are just reading up on our progress. I'm sure no one got the 29257 or whatever answer without reading this thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
ok guys, if 101 is what we want, then we are close...r93. Once again, does anyone have all the r# so far?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
r 30
r 32 (+ 2)
r 42 (+ 10)
r 71 (+ 29)
r 78 (+ 7)
r 82 (+ 4)
r 93 (+ 11)

I think this is correct ... someone correct me if it's wrong.

link   
We're at r93!

Keep distributing!

EDIT: whoops! I'm late!

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Barcs]

link   
so far, and correct me if i'm wrong:

r30
r32
r36
r42
r71
r78
r82
r93

[edit on 25-7-2006 by cheshire cat]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Where exactly did 101 come from?

If you think about it, it does make sense to have us spread the link around. The prize will likely be the domain name. The more sites are linking to a site, the more likely the site will be to appear on search engines (and also the higher it will appear). Therefore, traffic will already be easy to come by.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheshire cat
so far, and correct me if i'm wrong:

r30
r32
r36
r42
r71
r78
r82
r93

[edit on 25-7-2006 by cheshire cat]

The answer was at 34 and 35 before it got to 36.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Where exactly did 101 come from?

The link to this thread on the ATS homepage went directly to post 101. It was just a theory, and the link now goes to the current last post.

It may or may not have any significance.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I just want you all to know, that I started monitoring this thread the other day when there was only 1 page, then I go away for a few days for a funeral and all of a sudden, there's a hundred + pages...wow, you all've been busy!
But something bugs me about this whole thing...
The final answer to everything...
Well, "everything" is not a question.
Only questions have answers (mathematical expressions are considered questions); so I guess the pi10 is the question, right?
Maybe the pi10 is not mathematical, but representitive of something else?
I'm definitely not a math genius, but rather a curious person.
I'd love to help anyway I can, and I'm not looking for the reward or credit, but rather to satisfy my own curiosity.
(btw, I'm not reading 160+ pages in order to get up to speed, but I'll try to think of something meaningful to add to this thread.)

[edit on 7/25/2006 by wu kung]

link   
here is an idea to try and fool the page, erase your cookies and your cache and then go back to it again i think its increasing the number

link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
r 30
r 32 (+ 2)
r 42 (+ 10)
r 71 (+ 29)
r 78 (+ 7)
r 82 (+ 4)
r 93 (+ 11)

I think this is correct ... someone correct me if it's wrong.

Keep this list in mind guys. Who knows...maybe there will be more than 40 questions and maybe the new ones might have some connection to the old ones
eg:42----->10
71----->29
nobody actually SAW r30...right?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
r30
r32 (+ 2)
r34 (+ 2)
r35 (+ 1)
r36 (+ 1)
r42 (+ 6)
r71 (+ 29)
r78 (+ 7)
r82 (+ 4)
r93 (+ 11)

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Is it possible that the r is just how many replies that they have gotten?
Does anyone have any real insight into who exactly runs that site?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What is the final question to everything anyway?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Are we still waiting for the nest question?????????????????

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
Is it possible that the r is just how many replies that they have gotten?
Does anyone have any real insight into who exactly runs that site?

The site's been confirmed by HUNT_ADMIN to be an ATS sponsered event. Although the site wasn't meant to be found until sometime in mid-August, the site's already completely ready.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000
here is an idea to try and fool the page, erase your cookies and your cache and then go back to it again i think its increasing the number

I don't know if it's that or the links being spread around.

If r is related to unique referrals then that wouldn't do anything. It seems like it started going up when we REALLY started spreading the link around.

If it is solely page hits (or even number of times the game was started) then we have been going about it wrong. But I can't find a context where "r" would have a relation to "games played or started". Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
it seems that ever other site is snagging the answers from us. they have to be, otherwise they'd be stuck on the apnea question. that said, the paranoia that is beginning to pop up is understandable. work hard, spend hours, days, weeks trying to solve this as a group and one person winds up winning. it sucks.

that said, I don't expect to win. I am playing for the fun and excitement of watching the paranoid minds here at ats work to their fullest abilities. I am all for private rats, pms, emails, what have you. it doesn't matter to me. I'm not winning but, in the event that I do, I promise to share in the glory. all the money/prizes etc are mine mine mine but the glory, oh, you can all share in the glory.

except you alien. you passed on info to other sites you evil bastard.

I'm kidding.

about aliens.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
it seems that ever other site is snagging the answers from us. they have to be, otherwise they'd be stuck on the apnea question. that said, the paranoia that is beginning to pop up is understandable. work hard, spend hours, days, weeks trying to solve this as a group and one person winds up winning. it sucks.

that said, I don't expect to win. I am playing for the fun and excitement of watching the paranoid minds here at ats work to their fullest abilities. I am all for private rats, pms, emails, what have you. it doesn't matter to me. I'm not winning but, in the event that I do, I promise to share in the glory. all the money/prizes etc are mine mine mine but the glory, oh, you can all share in the glory.

except you alien. you passed on info to other sites you evil bastard.

I'm kidding.

about aliens.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't come into this purely for my own personal gain. But now with these other groups out there, I don't even care if I win. The drive to figure it out and keeping the "prize" in ATS are now my new motivations. If it's me, so be it. If not it better be someone in this damn thread

new topics

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join