It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
good god I'm typing answers into this thing like I'm matthew broderick in war games.

letscontinue
doyouwantoplayagame
askemethenextquestion

and then I broke down and called the machine some nasty names.

nothing worked

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Whats the exact text of the current question, again? My page shows me the Out of sequence page because of wrong guesses.
[edit on 25-7-2006 by Cutwolf]

don,t worry.. as soon as someone gets the clue we,ll pass it on so no-one has to backtrack

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Actually, % thing does not make much sense... if my memory serves me well someone here posted a dialogue with HUNT_ADMIN, where it was said that r# has no limit.

Don't take my words for granted though.

[edit on 25/7/2006 by The Conspiracy Follower]

link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
good god I'm typing answers into this thing like I'm matthew broderick in war games.

nothing worked

Let,s play wargames...

U know i never knew that was matthew broderick!!

[edit on 25-7-2006 by AGENT_T]

link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I wasn't gonna mention this but I decided to anyways.

I had thought of this exact same thing before we knew it was ATS-sponsored. I thought "What if this is some psycho's sick way of setting off a nuke or something ... we answer the last question and KABOOM!."

Obviously that is not the case, but it does have definite "War Games" feel to it doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How many are playing and not posting?

link   
r is the 18th letter of the english alphabet.

link   

Originally posted by Theodwra
level error you are not yet worthy
distribute this site URL far and wide
the value of the reward depends on it

the remaining questions are going to be the hardest yet. This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels, the result of spreading the URL, reach the expected number.

while everyone is caught up with this r business, i don't think much effort has gone into trying to come up with a simpler answer based on the above message. so far every page had a simple answer, one that was usually just overlooked. i don't personally believe we need to hit x number of referers or page views or links before we can answer...it just doesnt make sense to me that the designer of this game would make everyone sit and wait till we reached an unknown number of traffic. just my 2-

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
has anyone tried
shallweplayglobalthermonuclearwarfare?

hehe

how about a game of chess?

broderick and ally sheedy.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Conspiracy Follower
Actually, % thing does not make much thing... if my memory serves me well someone here posted a dialogue with HUNT_ADMIN, where it was said that r# has no limit.

%s don't have a limit, either.

If it exceeds quota by %10,000,000 it could end up being r10,000,000.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by enomus
while everyone is caught up with this r business, i don't think much effort has gone into trying to come up with a simpler answer based on the above message. so far every page had a simple answer,

I know what you mean,but the difference is.. the site said it would update the question when sufficient hits had been received..

It had never said anything like that previously

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
enomous, hunt said yesterday that the game is designed to last 30 days. he said "it better" - whatever that means.

the message posted by you says traffic levels must be met and we even had springer in here telling us to spread the url and to not spam it.

so, the traffic increase seems to be the key to the next level.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Conspiracy Follower
Actually, % thing does not make much sense... if my memory serves me well someone here posted a dialogue with HUNT_ADMIN, where it was said that r# has no limit.

%s don't have a limit, either.

If it exceeds quota by %10,000,000 it could end up being r10,000,000.

We'll see, though I would not be suprised if nothing happened after 101 and that would suck since there are no straws left to grab.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm still playing but don't post much, the thread is big enough as it is. I noticed i got the error out of sequence for shameonme, hopefully we haven't been fooled again. What are we going to do if the r value tops 101 without anything changing? I wish i knew a puzzle savant, then i'd win for sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is probably their way to slow it down. If the first 31 questions took longer than expected, they'd simply make the quota smaller. If it went faster than expected, like it has, they make the quota larger.

How else can say they a game is designed for at least 30 days without any sort of way to bottleneck us if we're moving too fast?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
ive had it with people coming back from being away for like 6 hours, and asking people to catch them up, if you want to be caught up READ THE PAGES, skim them if you have too, jsut dont spam, its spamming because its useless, the r101 thing makes sence only because there was 2 connections that have since disspeared, r = reference, there is no limit to the r counter, the higher the better,for that girl making a list of the r values, it started r 31 not 30, the ERROR: your answer is out of sequence, MEANS NOTHING, if it just says Out of Sequence, eithe ryour on to somehting or its a past answer, AND SO FAR 42 MEANS NOTHIGN WITH THIS GAME YET AHHHHHHH

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think we were just too bloody fast ..

It never expected we,d get the questions one after another with little pause..

At the beginning it said nothing about spreading the url..

I think that they were expecting a lot of sites to notice the question and get involved faster

Hence the counter n such..

now if you go back to the beginning it only gives you 33 hours n a bit instead of 72
''72 HOURS''??? ''WE DON,T NEED NO STINKIN 72 HOURS''!!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I found this on google
www.mikestern.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This is probably their way to slow it down. If the first 31 questions took longer than expected, they'd simply make the quota smaller. If it went faster than expected, like it has, they make the quota larger.

How else can say they a game is designed for at least 30 days without any sort of way to bottleneck us if we're moving too fast?

Exactly...but we can't stop can we...because everybody's thinking What if...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by enomus
while everyone is caught up with this r business, i don't think much effort has gone into trying to come up with a simpler answer based on the above message. so far every page had a simple answer,

I know what you mean,but the difference is.. the site said it would update the question when sufficient hits had been received..

It had never said anything like that previously

there was this...

28. you have done well... there will be new questions every day from this point forward... "remember" your answers

and the answer was "idontwanttowait".

new topics

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join