It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra

and I remember someone saying that they noticed it when it was @ r32

I know I did. From Mech, Alien, & My conversation with HUNT_ADMIN, last night, he said that it started at 30. No one noticed until 32

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000

Originally posted by Fiverz
Maybe they will have some future significance (especially considering those numbers are hand-coded by the powers that be
).
actually thats just code from google updating its sel, did anyone keep track of the time differential between each change if its the same it will prove what i'm saying else...

No it's not ... look at the html again. It's hand-coded by the site owners.

span style='font-size: 9px; color: #204060;'>r82

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
the key phrase there Barcs is, in my mind, reach the expected number. that
r(eference) is going up and when it hits the expected number we should be able to access the next question.

if not I'm killing people. not just strangers either.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
there are 40 questions, with the 41 page being the final?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm here for the long haul. I got my first applause + 500 points. I can't let them go to waste.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ok. This is what I have so far.

ATS members working on thefinalanswertoeverything.com

SFRemmy
Theodwra
cheshire cat
Fiverz
PokeyJoe
Freenrgy2
Crakeur
Imperium Americana
Mechanic 32
AlienS
Cutwolf
razor1000
Enrikez

Since some people are saying the conversation should be private, so we don't help the other groups, you can just U2U this list if you have something to say, but you don't want everybody to know about it.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by AlienS]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
maybe something to do with R...

look at the clue again.

level error you are not yet worthy
distribute this site URL far and wide
the value of the reward depends on it

the remaining questions are going to be the hardest yet. This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels, the result of spreading the URL, reach the expected number.

We have.

reward
remaining
revert
result
reach

All start with re... coincidence?

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Barcs]

I've tried out a few that would have a "reasonable" sequence:
revertremainingresultreward
remainingrevertresultreward
rewardresultremainingrevert
rewardresultrevertremaining
revertrewardremainingresult

nothing

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Not that I don't trust you, Aliens, but the prize is likely going to be given to 1 person. If everyones U2Uing you ideas and leaving everyone out in the cold...

I say we keep working in this thread. The ATS community is a strong one and is a very smart one. Bring on the competition.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
OK, can someone send me information on what i've missed in the last 4 hours?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Not that I don't trust you, Aliens, but the prize is likely going to be given to 1 person. If everyones U2Uing you ideas and leaving everyone out in the cold...

I say we keep working in this thread. The ATS community is a strong one and is a very smart one. Bring on the competition.

Not U2U me, but U2U everybody on the list. Actually, I suppose it would be better with email. This is only for anybody who feels that they don't want their comment to be public.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yea that would have negatives too. I wish there was way, however, that we could make just this THREAD non-public (aka only ATS members can view it/work on it). You will still have riff raff signing up just to view the thread, but that might be a shade better than how it is currently.

I have a distinct feeling, however, that the last question will have something to do with ATS thereby ensuring that it really IS an ATS member that gets it. But that's just my gut feeling

link   
Has anyone thought of collaborating with some of these other sites instead of hiding information? Could it be that we are going to be forced to work together eventually to solve this riddle...

I know it would seem that there can only be one winner... but what if that is a metaphor.

strange as it may seem, the key to solving this puzzle may be cooperation, not competition. I think i've been spending way too much time thinking about this... i'm just grasping at straws now.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by zoopnfunk]

link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves

apparently people are starting to become suspicious of each other. this is starting to feel like the twilight zone, i'm down for figuring this out alien 5 but i'm not doing it in secret

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I agree. In order to solve this we need to get everyone's heads together. Has anyone checked simon gray's profile lately?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS
Ok. This is what I have so far.

ATS members working on thefinalanswertoeverything.com

SFRemmy
Theodwra
cheshire cat
Fiverz
PokeyJoe
Freenrgy2
Crakeur
Imperium Americana
Mechanic 32
AlienS
Cutwolf

Since some people are saying the conversation should be private, so we don't help the other groups, you can just U2U this list if you have something to say, but you don't want everybody to know about it.

Do I have to point out that perhaps majority of answers to the previous questions were revealed by people from outside your "club"
By the way, some are still on this game but spending their time more efficiently, i.e. trying some answers, not just waiting.

link   
No doubt. We can pull together, and hopefully someone from ats will win, but accomplishment will be slow going in private sectors. I'm staying in the open

link   
If you are sending U2U's I would like to be included please.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000

Originally posted by JebusSaves

apparently people are starting to become suspicious of each other. this is starting to feel like the twilight zone, i'm down for figuring this out alien 5 but i'm not doing it in secret

You don't have to do this in secret or anything if you won't want to. It's just a way so that people can share their ideas and not have anybody on ATS who wants to know left out, but not have anybody else who's not on ATS know either. I'm not expecting that this thread slows down or anything, it's just another option

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
can someone put up a list of the r#?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra

Originally posted by Barcs
maybe something to do with R...

look at the clue again.

level error you are not yet worthy
distribute this site URL far and wide
the value of the reward depends on it

the remaining questions are going to be the hardest yet. This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels, the result of spreading the URL, reach the expected number.

We have.

reward
remaining
revert
result
reach

All start with re... coincidence?

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Barcs]

I've tried out a few that would have a "reasonable" sequence:
revertremainingresultreward
remainingrevertresultreward
rewardresultremainingrevert
rewardresultrevertremaining
revertrewardremainingresult

nothing

good catch. i'm going to try to look into that one. still on the 40 to 41.
now to r93

new topics

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join