Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Salute Israel for their tactics

page: 8
0
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You have voted curiousity for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.



You have voted Langolier for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month




posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

And if you were a head of state, what would be your solution?


if I were head of state?
First thing I'd do is call for an end to hostilities. Pull everyone back from Lebanon and Gaza. I'd ask first for the release of Cpl Shalit, and offer a promise of opening all ports and crossings , with the possibilty of reviewing the cases involving the minors and females that are imprisoned with a review board of mixed nationality for fairness. If he was released, I'd begin talks on rebuilding the Electric plant along with the PA,USA and israel.

Since there is an open dialogue with the palestinians, things may now be easier to deal with Hizbollah. Approach the agent or representative and ask for the release of 1 captive, in exchange for one prisoner they wish released. When the terms are met I would ask for the release of the 2nd prisoner, in exchange offer them the 10 miles of land sheba farms with the stipulation that they allow lebanese Military and International observers to man the lebanese border and no Hizbollah Military are to enter or occupy the land , it would be intended for civilian use only and additionally they submit to being disarmed as originally requested by the UN without hesitation or delay. Any or all other prisoners being held without charge should be reviewed and either released or formerlly charged with a fair trial with sentencing to include time already served if found guilty and a sentence that fairly fits the crime.


I think that would be a start at least.



posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If only the libs would realize that diplomacy does not work with terrorists, esp organizations like Hizb'allah or however you spell it. I appreciate Israel for not attempting to negotiate with these terrorists, I also respect Israel for not playing by their tactics when they try to shield themselves with innocent civilians. Good job Israel, keep it up



posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
If only the libs would realize that diplomacy does not work with terrorists, esp organizations like Hizb'allah or however you spell it. I appreciate Israel for not attempting to negotiate with these terrorists, I also respect Israel for not playing by their tactics when they try to shield themselves with innocent civilians. Good job Israel, keep it up


I take exception to your post. I am NOT a liberal AND I disagree with what Israel is doing. I suggest you think before throwing labels around.



posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't understand how anyone can disagree with Israel defending itself against terrorists. Bless Israel and may they have success in their efforts.



posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I don't understand how anyone can disagree with Israel defending itself against terrorists. Bless Israel and may they have success in their efforts.


That's because you've ceased to think. Hez is an organization that controls the south of Lebanon, do you care to tell me why Israel is attacking the north as well? Oh, yeah, to destroy the infrastructure.


I find your use of the word "defend" also questionable. Check out this word in any dictionary, this isn't "defence".



posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
That's because you've ceased to think. Hez is an organization that controls the south of Lebanon, do you care to tell me why Israel is attacking the north as well? Oh, yeah, to destroy the infrastructure.

Couple of questions I don't know and I'm assuming you do.....
1) Hezbollah's headquarters are in Beruit. So is that or do you think that's the only thing they have in the north?

2) How does Hezbollah get it's weapons?



posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by intrepid
That's because you've ceased to think. Hez is an organization that controls the south of Lebanon, do you care to tell me why Israel is attacking the north as well? Oh, yeah, to destroy the infrastructure.

Couple of questions I don't know and I'm assuming you do.....
1) Hezbollah's headquarters are in Beruit. So is that or do you think that's the only thing they have in the north?

2) How does Hezbollah get it's weapons?


What you seek is here.

Also here.



posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

You have voted curiousity for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.



You have voted Langolier for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month


Thank you, Baastetnoir, I do appreciate you letting me know you voted for me.


Don't often get kudos, so they are very much appreciated!



posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by laiguana
I don't understand how anyone can disagree with Israel defending itself against terrorists. Bless Israel and may they have success in their efforts.


That's because you've ceased to think. Hez is an organization that controls the south of Lebanon, do you care to tell me why Israel is attacking the north as well? Oh, yeah, to destroy the infrastructure.


I find your use of the word "defend" also questionable. Check out this word in any dictionary, this isn't "defence".


From your own Post, we read: "The first beliefs you should challenge are your own."

Tell, me, oh wise and intrepid one, how would you handle a siege being laid on your home, for which you and your people have fought for for thousands of years, not on just the front door, but the back, the cellar windows, the chimney, and the side door?

Will you negotiate, send your daughters out to the siegers to be "fair"? Will you put your sons on the sidewalk so they can see the siegers and "understand" them?

Will you let your goods be taken without a fight?

If so, I don't know what you call that in your part of the world, but here it is known as liberal nonsense if we are being generous, or cowardice if we are feeling a little testy.



posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I guess the people that are against Israel are also the ones that believe that zionists are ruling the world, which is why I find their bias humorous. Israel is strategically eliminating a terrorist organization that is using civilians as human shields. They can either A: abide by the ideology of political correctness and suffer the costs of allowing a terrorist organization to roam freely without opposition, or B: take action against Hezb'allah for the welfare of their citizens. My view is that there is no room for diplomacy against terrorist organizations. Israel is in its right to protect itself and take preventive measures against them. And I will continue to support them in every way



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity
From your own Post, we read: "The first beliefs you should challenge are your own."

Tell, me, oh wise and intrepid one, how would you handle a siege being laid on your home, for which you and your people have fought for for thousands of years, not on just the front door, but the back, the cellar windows, the chimney, and the side door?

Will you negotiate, send your daughters out to the siegers to be "fair"? Will you put your sons on the sidewalk so they can see the siegers and "understand" them?

Will you let your goods be taken without a fight?

If so, I don't know what you call that in your part of the world, but here it is known as liberal nonsense if we are being generous, or cowardice if we are feeling a little testy.



The next person that calls me a "liberal" better be ready to take their arguement to Head 2 Head. So far there have been NO takers. You up for it mate?

I've been at this ME issue from the beginning. All I get back are mantra's, "Israel has the right to ...." "defend...." when challenged with logic, *crickets*

You going to *cricket* too once I reply?


Originally posted by curiousity
From your own Post, we read: "The first beliefs you should challenge are your own."


That's in my siggy and yes, I believe it. Too bad more people didn't.


Tell, me, oh wise and intrepid one, how would you handle a siege being laid on your home, for which you and your people have fought for for thousands of years, not on just the front door, but the back, the cellar windows, the chimney, and the side door?


Condecention aside, there was NO diplomacy involved in this action. The speed of the Israeli attack says to me that it was calculated to be initiated at the next expedient juncture. Please spare me the history, it only proves that this is RETRIBUTION, not defense that everyone seems so damn concerned with.



Will you negotiate, send your daughters out to the siegers to be "fair"? Will you put your sons on the sidewalk so they can see the siegers and "understand" them?

Will you let your goods be taken without a fight?


Thanks for the propaganda man. I'm sold.
I'm STILL waiting in another thread for the stats on the "daily bombings" from Hez. Yet to be forthcoming.

BIG point here: Do I support Hez? Only a fool would BUT responding to this issue in the manner that it has is a CLEAR indication that there is little difference between the 2 sides of this issue.



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
What you seek is here.

Also here.


lol, yeah I knew you couldn't/wouldn't answer. Oh well at least I tried.



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by intrepid
What you seek is here.

Also here.


lol, yeah I knew you couldn't/wouldn't answer. Oh well at least I tried.


You didn't read then.
Do I need to get out the hand puppets?

OK, the hand puppets.


But even if the government proved willing to extend its power over all of the country — including the Hezbollah-dominated south — how to achieve this is unclear.


Is Hez's headquarters in Beruit? Probably has something to do with the political arm of the party. The powerbase is in the south.

How do they get their weapons? Iran and Syria, that's been easily established.

Your point?


[edit on 23-7-2006 by intrepid]



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
Another Issue to SALUTE ISRAEL.

A Lebanese woman was from Marun A Ras was injured from gunfire to the chest. Her 28 YO son asked for Israeli assistance in treating her. Israel mobilized an ACP to bring her into Israel. According to the son, Hezbullah attacked the ACP which resulted in the delay of her treatment. Eventually the woman reached Ziv Hospital in Safed and is being treated. The son now fears to return to Lebanon.


I don't blame him either. His/ his mother's ordeal does nothing to help the Hezies, and his going back would cause more of the Lebanese to realize that Israel isn't just out to kill them. That would cause uprising, and the poor Hezies would be stuck between Israel and Lebanon. Not a good thing for Terrorists.
...and his not going back tends to lead one to the idea that hey, maybe more of the Lebaneese support the Hezies than we realize.

Kind of reminds me of the Civil war. Blacks fought on both sides, and at the end of that war, they were the people being fought over. Finding dead black men after the battles didn't mean that the KKK got a hold of him, it often meant he died fighting for either side.

Same thing here. Just because a woman died doesn't mean she was some innocent Civilian, irrelevant of her being subjugated. Nor is some 8-14 year old boy completely innocent...though even if they are terrorists, it more through brainwashing than an actual adult decision on their part.

Now, that doesn't mean that all the innocent victims that died were not a part of the terrorists, but since WE ARE NOT THERE, and we ARE NOT IN THE MINDS of those dead, we can only be sure of the innocence of the extremely young. The numbers are skewed, either direction. There can be no true conformation of actual Hezies.

Hell, that was the biggest problem with Vietnam, you couldn't tell what was your friend, and who was your enemy, unless they were 6 ft tall Asian men.



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Thanks for the propaganda man. I'm sold.
I'm STILL waiting in another thread for the stats on the "daily bombings" from Hez. Yet to be forthcoming.

I supplied a pointer in another thread. Here's yet another example, from Feb. 24, 2006, in which the rocket attacks of the previous 6 months were mentioned.


In the six months prior to disengagement, over 1,000 Kassam rockets and mortar shells were fired at Gaza settlements. Since the disengagement, over 450 rockets have been fired at Israel, with a third falling in Palestinian areas, a significant decline, he said.

On Thursday morning, two more Kassam rockets landed near the Netiv Ha'asra. No one was wounded in the attack. Soldiers were still attempting to determine where three other rockets fired at the same time landed. In response, IDF artillery units shelled uninhabited northern Gaza areas, but frustrated local residents have decided to take their own action as well.

Rockets


How far back do we have to go?

All that is necessary to get as many incidents as you want, is to visit the archives of the Jerusalem Post.



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by laiguana
I don't understand how anyone can disagree with Israel defending itself against terrorists. Bless Israel and may they have success in their efforts.


That's because you've ceased to think. Hez is an organization that controls the south of Lebanon, do you care to tell me why Israel is attacking the north as well? Oh, yeah, to destroy the infrastructure.


I find your use of the word "defend" also questionable. Check out this word in any dictionary, this isn't "defence".



Wrong Hezbullah controls ALL of Lebanon. Its presence in the South is for offensive reasons alone. Hezbullah actually has its bases all over Lebanon in Baal Bek, training camps in the north. They have strongholds in Beirut.

Israel normally targets the south since their offensive positions are in the south but logistical, financial and training centers are all over Lebanon, Syria and Iran.

Therefore Israel's actions are those of defense!



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

And if you were a head of state, what would be your solution?


if I were head of state?
First thing I'd do is call for an end to hostilities. Pull everyone back from Lebanon and Gaza. I'd ask first for the release of Cpl Shalit, and offer a promise of opening all ports and crossings , with the possibilty of reviewing the cases involving the minors and females that are imprisoned with a review board of mixed nationality for fairness. If he was released, I'd begin talks on rebuilding the Electric plant along with the PA,USA and israel.

Since there is an open dialogue with the palestinians, things may now be easier to deal with Hizbollah. Approach the agent or representative and ask for the release of 1 captive, in exchange for one prisoner they wish released. When the terms are met I would ask for the release of the 2nd prisoner, in exchange offer them the 10 miles of land sheba farms with the stipulation that they allow lebanese Military and International observers to man the lebanese border and no Hizbollah Military are to enter or occupy the land , it would be intended for civilian use only and additionally they submit to being disarmed as originally requested by the UN without hesitation or delay. Any or all other prisoners being held without charge should be reviewed and either released or formerlly charged with a fair trial with sentencing to include time already served if found guilty and a sentence that fairly fits the crime.


I think that would be a start at least.




HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!
oh oh let me catch my breathe
HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!

oh stop it your killing me HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!

Ohhh - a sense of humor!!!! thats goood!!!!

Now to return to the Milky-Way galaxy, the Sol system, planet Earth, Asia, the Middle East:

1- Shabaa farms has been deemed Syrian Territory by the UN therefore it is up to negotiation with Syria and NOT Lebanon. Although I highly doubt that Syria will ever receive the Golan Heights back since it has been annexed by Israel due to its strategic value.

2- Do you actually think that Hezbullah would agree with returning 1 soldier for 1 Lebanese? Hell they want
Samir Kuntar a notorious piece of dog turd who has been arrested for murder before Israel ever occupied Lebanon and hundreds of Palestinian prisoners most of which have blood on their hands.

3- What about the return of Ron Arad?
And other MIAs????

4- Do you honestly believe Hezbullah, Iran or Syria would agree to the Disarmament of Hezbullah???

Finally after this amateurish plan fails miserably and violence resumes what will you do or say???

Thanks for the good laugh! What you said actually showed me that you have absolutely NO IDEA what is going on in the middle east, who Hezbullah is, what Iran is and how the power balance is in the area.

If you care to listen then I will also give my ideas on how this issue can be resolved.


[edit on 23/7/06 by JudahMaccabbi]



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
...HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA!...(ad nauseum)


Such a stunning display of ignorance should not go unrewarded...

Quote:You have voted Judah Maccabi for the Way Below Contempt award. You have two more votes this month.



[edit on 23-7-2006 by timski]



posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by timski

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
...HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA!HA!...(ad nauseum)


Such a stunning display of ignorance should not go unrewarded...

Quote:You have voted Judah Maccabi for the Way Below Contempt award. You have two more votes this month.



[edit on 23-7-2006 by timski]


Thanks - MAybe I can get a rep here! By the way ignorance was not displayed by myself - You should say arrogance - that would be more suitable.

[edit on 23/7/06 by JudahMaccabbi]





new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join