It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salute Israel for their tactics

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
from what I have seen....(in the media, TV and print...having never been there)...if there are victims of all this it is the Palestinians...they have been used and abused by ALL sides....including those who are supposed to reperesent them.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Topic folks.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Red Cross Ambulances Destroyed in Israeli Air Strike on Rescue Mission
By Suzanne Goldenberg
The Guardian UK

Tuesday 25 July 2006

Volunteer paramedics demand UN guarantees. Flags and lights prove no protection for aid teams.

The ambulance headlamps were on, the blue light overhead was flashing, and another light illuminated the Red Cross flag when the first Israeli missile hit, shearing off the right leg of the man on the stretcher inside. As he lay screaming beneath fire and smoke, patients and ambulance workers scrambled for safety, crawling over glass in the dark. Then another missile hit the second ambulance.
Even in a war which has turned the roads of south Lebanon into killing zones, Israel's rocket strike on two clearly marked Red Cross ambulances on Sunday night set a deadly new milestone.
Six ambulance workers were wounded and three generations of the Fawaz family, being transported to hospital from Tibnin with what were originally minor injuries, were left fighting for their lives. Two ambulances were entirely destroyed, their roofs pierced by missiles.
The Lebanese Red Cross, whose ambulance service for south Lebanon is run entirely by volunteers, immediately announced it would cease all rescue missions unless Israel guaranteed their safety through the United Nations or the International Red Cross.

www.guardian.co.uk...

First UN workers and now this...I am sure Israel will claim it was an accident...but after awhile the claims ring hollow.

This war has nothing to do with the Lebonanese people yet still despite claims to the contrary, they are the ones suffering. I am salute this?

Hardly.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well well well I see we have the usual Israel bashers in here as well. I knew you guys wouldnt be able to leave this thread alone.

I salute Israel as well!!

Like Judah has pointed out before Israel is doing everything is can to minimize civilian casulties while at the same time defending it citizens. It has every right to protect its borders. If it was some grand conspiracy to kill off the Lebaneese people they could do that with no problem, that is not what they are trying to do.

Carrying out a war against militia fighters is vastly different than convetional warfare. When you have people who are willing to hide amongst thier innocent civilian population and then fire rockets at the enemy, who then is to blame for the deaths of those civilians?

What would you have Israel do? Nothing? Just sit as Hezbolla and hamas launch rockets over the border, kidnapp, suicide bomb, torture at will?
I know!, why doesnt Israel just give all of thier land to the terrorists!! Would that please you?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow, my very first post and it is this thread that has brought me out of my shell.

Before I start allow me to paste this:

You have voted JudahMaccabbi for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

I sincerely hope that many others do this to make up for the ridiculous contempt vote that some ignorant, unpleasant user gave to JudahMaccabbi. I also gave JudahMaccabbi this vote for being able to reply to the vitriolic and sarcastic posts from Pieman with such grace and dignity.

I too salute Israel as they have a complete and total right to take whatever action is necessary to stop rocket attacks on their territory and citizens.

The point I would like to make though is that I believe that I have some experience with dealing with the kind of hatred and violence that Hizbollah harasses Israel with.

I grew up in Australia and went to a public school in an area that had a lot of Lebanese immigrants. Now I was a very sensitive, non-violent kid that liked to play computer games and had no desire, nor skill to fight.

I am however half American as my father met my mother during the Vietnam war and although I have a thoroughly Australian accent, my father sounds very American. So although I didn't make my genetic heritage very well known it wasn't long before it became fairly obvious, particularly after teachers would meet my father at parent/teacher night.

As news of me being half American made it's way around the schoolyard (as "seemingly irrelevent" information seems to do) I suddenly found myself being violently attacked by a gang of Lebanese students because I was "American".

At this point I would like to point out that I never attacked, insulted, harassed, abused or provoked in any way shape or form these people. The sad reality (for me anyway) was that as a teenager I was very overweight and quite withdrawn because I was teased for being that way, knew how much it hurt to be harassed in that fashion and just left people alone. I was just a passive, sensitive kid.

But this gang made it abundantly clear that I was being attacked and severely beaten because I was "AMERICAN", not even the fact that I was only half American changed anything, they were raised BY THEIR PARENTS to HATE America and I should add ISRAEL as well.

In the end I was put in hospital three times by this racist, hateful, gang of Lebanese and repeatedly attacked many, many times without any provocation.

This gang by the way TERRORISED the school. A teacher was stabbed by the leader and I was also unfortunate enough to watch the same person regularly masturbate over an attractive Science teacher in front of everyone in class and with loud noises when he orgasmed. She was so terrified of him that we were told to just pretend he wasn't there.

Do I think that all Lebanese are like this? No, of course not. But I do understand the kind of hatred, violence and mindset of the people that constantly attack Israel.

As for the innocent civilians, yes it is a shame but I wonder how it is that all this hatred makes it into the heads of the people that they would end up wanting to join a terrorist organistation?

Oh, in regard to the posting of my own personal experience, let's just say I was not surprised when years later Sydney was troubled by Lebanese gangs selectively targetting WHITE, YOUNG Australian women and raping them. These victims relayed how while being raped and terrorised they were subjected to taunts and insults for being Australian.

www.smh.com.au...

I would once again like to point out that I am not "siding with Israel" because of my vicimization by Lebanese. Rather, I have an understanding that I think people like PieMan simply cannot fathom of the kind of seething, festering hatred that finds its way into the Lebanese community and mindset.

Pokey Oats

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Pokey Oats]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Funny a brand new poster and familiar with the WATS well enough to even paste it like a member who has been here a while. Such a tale of woe and he even mentions my name. Sure your new here and sure all those things happened yet provides no proof and how convenient it is just at the time Lebanon is being attacked these memories are rehashed once again.
Your not a supporter of Israel, you are just passing through and wanted to voice your opinion on how you have been treated by Lebanese people in Australia.

Funny how australians here have not mentioned being abused before. Just you who happens to know all about the WATS.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Pokey Oats,
THanks for your support. It is greatly appreciated. Sorry to hear about your experiences with the Lebanese Gangs - You know the Lebanese are split into Muslims, Druze and Christians - Do you know from which group that gang was?

I aslo know there were recently anti-Lebanese unrest in Australia because a lifeguard was beaten.

Israel have lost 8 soldiers in Bint Jbeil last Wednesday because of their tactics employed to save civilian life. Bint Jbeil is a small city about 3 miles from the Israeli-Lebanese border. The city has been defined as Hebullahs southern command. Israel notified everyone in the area to vacate the area and then surrounded the city. A corridor was left open in the north to allow additional civilians to leave. The city inhabitants were informed to leave and so they did.
Israeli soldiers saw armed combatant running throught the city and estimated there to be around 200-300 hezbullah militants in Bint-Jbeil.
In order to secure the city Israel needed to Soften up the area with artillery and/or airstikes and then proceed with a house to house search. Out of fear that additional civilians are in the city and not to totally demolish the city Israel decided to go about with house to house search without pounding it with artillery or airstrikes.
Soldiers of the 51 Golani Brigade fell into an ambush from several locations which resulted in 8 dead soldiers, 23 injured and dozens of Hezbullah militant casulaties.
The rescue of the injured soldiers took 7 hours because of the immense firepower aimed at the rescue forces from RPGs, gunfire and rockets. Soldiers in the firefight fended off Hezbullah militants from kidnapping more soldiers.

This is another reason to SALUTE ISRAEL FOR ITS TACTICS.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yay they killed a 75year old Palestinian woman and another 2 children along with 25 wounded civilians. 3 Militants bagged on that one. Hooray! 3 Cheers for the heroes of the Middle east!

Note: It says armed Palestinains. These couldn't be people trying to protect their families could it? These 30 were trying to push Israel into the sea.

They seem to like to use the term "pinpoint". i think it should be changed to something more appropriate such as "Pinhead" to honor the galant pilots of the IAF.
They valiantly strike terror into the hearts and minds of preschoolers and the aged.

At least four Palestinians were killed in the Sajiyeh neighborhood of Gaza on Thursday, including three militants and a 75-year-old woman. Another 25 Palestinians were wounded.

IDF troops began leaving Sajiyeh on Thursday night, after having operated there since the beginning of the week. During the operation, code-named Samson's Columns, soldiers from the Givati Brigade and the armored and engineering corps killed nearly 30 armed Palestinians and wounded another 50 people, mostly militants.

The IDF intends to continue with similar pinpoint operations throughout the Gaza Strip over the next few days, as part of the ongoing Operation Summer Rains.

In southern Gaza, an Israel Air Force aircraft hit a metal workshop in the city of Khan Younis early Friday, wounding nine people, including two children, hospital officials said. Nearby buildings were also damaged, and rescue workers were searching through the rubble. The military said the target was a weapons storehouse.

The IAF fired three missiles at a house owned by the family of a militant from the ruling Hamas faction in Gaza City late on Thursday, witnesses said.

They said the family had left the house after being warned by the IDF that it would be targeted. It was not immediately clear whether there were any casualties from the strike.

Source

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokey Oats
I sincerely hope that many others do this to make up for the ridiculous contempt vote that some ignorant, unpleasant user gave to JudahMaccabbi

I stand by the vote I 'awarded', and it was given in response to another member putting forward a hypothetical scenario of 'What you do if you were head of state', which was met with several sentences of 'HA HA HA...etc' and rhetoric that was nothing short of inflammatory; Rather than offer a counter-point as to what their opposing 'Head of state' action would be.

Perhaps you didn't understand that my response, to borrow a term coined by the IDF Generals, was 'proportionate'?

Of course we should all salute Israel's tactics...

Such as agreeing to a ceasefire with Palestinian militants in Gaza and the opening of dialogue toward an exchange of civilian prisoners for Cpl. Shalit on the 26th July, and then the next day renewing the offensive by re-entering Gaza with armoured vehicles and killing 21 Palestinians on the 27th July

Or the use of anti-personnel munitions containing plastic shrapnel specifically designed not to show up on hospital x-ray scans

...Others were afflicted by what he described as "translucent shrapnel not shown by X-ray"...
Source:www.news.com.au

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Pieman, I am me. Sorry, but this is the reality and I can't do anything about it, nor can I encourage your conspiracy fantasies that I am someone else. Besides, I would consider my grammatical stye unique enough to warrant difference between myself and the other posters here.

I mean come on, look at my sweet paragraphing.

Ok, you have got me. What is WATS? Is it referencing the Way Above Top Secret vote? Well, if you really need an explanation (hate to debunk that conspiracy you're contemplating again) I joined this board because I have an almost obsesive fascination with UFOs.

But after exhausting the UFO message boards I started to click the little icons for popular threads. The "a 757 DID hit the Pentagon" one intrigued me and I have read through it in its entirety. Zaphod and HowardRoark however were doing such a fine job of bringing some kind of logic to the craziness there that I never interjected. This may also explain how I am a tad familiar with posting evidence with a link, 157 pages of the 757 thread does indeed educate you as to the style of ATS.

That said, I have documented numerous aspects of my life on: forums.generationtrance.com...
if this helps you to accept the reality that I am a unique and different person. No conspiracies here.

As for suddenly remembering. No, I didn't suddenly remember what happened to me, is something that never really left me. I don't exactly dwell over it everyday but it's not exactly a weak memory in my mind. Sadly, it can be too clear at times, such as when I was recounting it today.

Ultimately though I can't prove that I was viciously attacked at school but it did happen exactly as I described. Perhaps the only "proof" I can offer that it did happen is that I can say, from the bottom of my heart, that I hope what happened to me has never happened to anyone else. You could abuse me, berate me and harass me forever Pieman and I would still hope with all of my being that such brutality never has, and never will happen to you.

Oh, and I do support ISRAEL very much. They were the first democracy in the Middle East, are wonderously civilized and an amazingly robust people given how history has treated them and indeed how the region treats them now. I've never been out with an Israeli woman though, damn...

Oh, and although Australians haven't mentioned being abused here before, I do know that the recent race riots at Cronulla has been discussed at ATS. Here's the link!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pokey Oats

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Pokey Oats]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Lotsa support for killin' innocent humans? Bye-bye all but the support of the ignorant and pre-programmed by the dogma and media of the few. Payback's a _itch. Eye for an eye, yahda, yahda, yawn. Go ahead, "secure" your future by deservedly earning the multi-millenial emnity of many of "otherness". Watched a support rally - reminded me of Hilter at Nuremburg during the "Great Orations". Shoe's on the other foot now and those feet ain't any cleaner.

Sincere hope for the innocents... for the lessers, justice comes in many forms.

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hi JudahMaccabbi,

Thank you for the kind words and sympathy. I do believe that these were Muslim Lebanese that attacked me and terrorised my school but the reality I think is that they really weren't religious at all.

I shouldn't really comment though, they certainly never said "we're beating you in the name of Allah". They just basically said that "Americans should die" and "You're a weak stupid American" while about 15-20 of them kicked, stomped and punched me to the ground.

Of the three hopitalisations, one was caused by being held up against a fence and kicked in the throat, the next was when I was hit by a 2x4 in the jaw unexpectedly at the bus stop and the third time was from just being beaten severely.

You are correct about the riots regarding a lifeguard being beaten. But in reality it was a lot more than that. Cronulla beach is a beautiful beach south of Sydney which the "Lebs" (and that's what they refer to themselves as) claimed to be theres. Every Fri/Sat night they would fill the beach's parking lot and rev engines, race etc. However, as time grew on they started frequenting the beach through the day and calling white Aussie women there with their CHILDREN whores/sluts as well as engaging in the theft of people's belongings and beating up / brutalising anyone unfortuante enough to be caught alone.

Well, the Australian surfers (we call them waxheads) are a little rough around the edges in their own right and finally decided to take the Lebs on and give em a bit back. Problem was the police, who costantly turned a blind eye to Lebanese gang violence prosecuted and wrongly harassed the Australians that for 99.99% of their life have been peaceful and caused no trouble but had finally had enough.

To come to and live in a country where you hate the people in it except for your own little ethnic ghetto is beyond any reasoning I can understand other than pure hatred.

And once more I should say, GO ISRAEL, I SALUTE YOU!!

I have such respect for the men of that army that have given their lives because they were doing their job in such a way so as to protect the civilians.

I do however think it is a terrible, terible shame for their loss of life because I seriously doubt the civilans of that area will ever honour, or give a stuff about the death of such noble men who used restraint in order to protect their lives.

At least there are still true heroes in this world to encourage those that can become so very jaded from the cowardly, ultra-violent, ugly, distasteful, evil actions of the Hezbollah terrorists and terrorism over the world.

Pokey Oats

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Death Toll in Lebanon Could Be Twice the Official Figure

"I think that the real number is at least 750 dead so far," Dr. Bachir el-Sham at the Complex Hospital in Sidon city told IPS in a telephone interview. Sidon is 43 km south of Beirut, and just north of Tyre. This region has seen the worst of the Israeli bombing.

"One day we had 100 dead. The authorities in Beirut can only estimate -- we never have official statistics about anything in Lebanon," he said. "Regarding the number of dead, we can say for sure that by the numbers we're seeing down here, it is at least 750, if not more."

Israel's military censorship and war reporting in Lebanon

In managing media coverage from Israel of the war in Lebanon, Israeli officials are implementing military censorship guidelines which make specific provisions about general news coverage, coverage of activity leading to the ground operation and coverage of actual combat.

For example, it is "strictly forbidden to show a picture of the full battle coverage, with an emphasis of identifying the location (long shot pictures)".

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Why is that?

OH I KNOW!

Terrorists MUST DIE!

Correct Judah?

PS: Hey, didn't Juda(h) Priest - a Jew - Kill Jesus?

[edit on 28/7/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
A Salute to Great Britain from Israel
The King David Hotel Bombing. 60th Anniversary Celebration. Notice it was also the British peoples fault that they did not heed the warning!!
Why does this not surprise me? Over 200 Brits died that day and yet 60 years later they Celebrate the fact that they duped you , made you move out and screwed the Palestinians over. They laugh in all our faces while still holding a straight face.
This is coming from a country that cries when someone denies their holocaust, yet celebrates the deaths of others. Salute them?.... Ptooey

In July 2006, right-wing Israelis including Binyamin Netanyahu attended a 60th anniversary celebration of the bombing, which was organized by the Menachem Begin Centre. The British Ambassador in Tel Aviv and the Consul-General in Jerusalem complained, saying "We do not think that it is right for an act of terrorism, which led to the loss of many lives, to be commemorated.". They also protested an Israeli plaque that claims that people died because the British ignored warning calls, saying it was untrue and "did not absolve those who planted the bomb". The plaque reads "For reasons known only to the British, the hotel was not evacuated”. [1]

Source

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

[I]Originally posted by pokey oats[/I]

But this gang made it abundantly clear that I was being attacked and severely beaten because I was "AMERICAN", not even the fact that I was only half American changed anything, they were raised BY THEIR PARENTS to HATE America and I should add ISRAEL as well.

And Israeli children aren’t bought up to hate muslims / arabs / Palestinians ?
Have you seen the pictures of the Israeli children signing artillery shells that were splashed through out the Australian media. And yes there are also pictures of Palestinian children with weapons, see both sides are playing this game.

Thank you for the kind words and sympathy. I do believe that these were Muslim Lebanese that attacked me and terrorised my school but the reality I think is that they really weren't religious at all.

I shouldn't really comment though, they certainly never said "we're beating you in the name of Allah". They just basically said that "Americans should die" and "You're a weak stupid American" while about 15-20 of them kicked, stomped and punched me to the ground.

Here you say that you think they were Muslim Lebanese then say you shouldn’t really comment. Too late, you’ve already tarred them as Muslim with out any corroborating evidence. Oh those evil muslims.

To come to and live in a country where you hate the people in it except for your own little ethnic ghetto is beyond any reasoning I can understand other than pure hatred.

Unfortunately in Australia because of our large multi cultural population this is occurring with all ethnic groups not just the Lebanese. That needs to be stated clearly.

I am sorry that you were harassed and beaten at school by these thugs, I also was targeted at one particular school when I was younger but it was by a group of Greek students as we had moved into an area that was predominately greek immigrants. I don’t hate Greeks because of this in fact I love yiro’s with piles of garlic sauce.lol.

Btw I certainly do not condone the actions of terrorists, I abhor hezbollahs tactics as much as I do Israel’s, so I will not salute either of them!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Salute Israel?

For this??

Dozens killed in Lebanon air raid

In a word - No.

Salute this?

about 750 people - mainly civilians - have been killed by Israeli action in Lebanon since their operations began 19 days ago.

When compared to this?

A total of 51 Israelis, including at least 18 civilians, have been killed in the conflict,

Thats a 14:1 ratio of Arabs killed to Jews by the way.

Anyone who salutes that needs their head examining. It reminds me of the Nazi tactics in the war where 10 Civilians were shot for every soldier killed by the resistance.

People on all sides are dying. Deny Ignorance, Deny Hate, Deny Apathy. Do not EVER salute these tactics.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
And the lies and inaccuracies keep piling up:

Souljah

In managing media coverage from Israel of the war in Lebanon, Israeli officials are implementing military censorship guidelines which make specific provisions about general news coverage, coverage of activity leading to the ground operation and coverage of actual combat.

For example, it is "strictly forbidden to show a picture of the full battle coverage, with an emphasis of identifying the location (long shot pictures)".

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Why is that?

Plain as day for anyone with enough glial cells. You see Israeli military censors forbid reporters from showing locations which rockets landed since it would let Hezbullah identify the terrain through various landmarks and assist then in aiming at strategic location such as chemical plants, gas stores and residential buildings.

neformore,

The house that was struck by an IDF missile 7 hours before it collapsed. This itself raises a few questions.

By the way, this is not a numbers game. If the arabs had there way the numbers would have been MUCH different.
I find it ironic that when an Arab child is killed it is labeled as a tragedy on both sides, but when a Jewish child is killed the Arabs celebrate. I think that says it all.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oh yes thats right Israel is launching an "Investigation" into Qana just like the rest. I have full faith Israel will absolve itself of its crimes. Plus the supporters and citizens will of course lie their butts off to save face as well.

Of course there is a conspiracy when it comes to something caused by Israel. People that generally cause false flags would always be suspicious of such things.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Judah, I see the points you are trying to make. However, after all these days of this happening, you still make this a arab/israeli issue, which not only does not make sense, but is furthering division. My personal belief is the reason things are blacked out is because they don't want people to see what they're up to, with both sides being up to no good. I honestly do not see how you can still take sides when both sides are going absolutely insane.

I have yet to see anything worth saluting from Israel, nor have I seen anything worth saluting from Hezbollah. I have yet to ever see you prove your case for saluting one country for their tactics. Unless the salutation of reckless killing is the point.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
I honestly do not see how you can still take sides when both sides are going absolutely insane.

Well said.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join