It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salute Israel for their tactics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
To those of you who think this is a numbers game - that is sad.

This war is not about killing more people or causing more destruction.

It is about the return of 3 soldiers captured for defending their border. That was thier 'sin'.

Am I the only one that finds this ironic? It's not a numbers game when you're discussing the death of 300 innocent Lebenese BUT it becomes a numbers game when discussing 3 SOLDIERS.

Spare me the helping the Lebenese.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
couldn't have said it better myself intrepid. The whole thing is bullheaded stupidity feeding on bullheaded stupidity.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
While we get the news from our side showing the attacks on Israel and Israel on Lebanon . . . I wonder if this was actually because of three soldiers or two been held by hezbollah.

Already Israel has made clear that they will No negotiate with a terrorist group, meaning that if Hezbollah decides to give the two soldiers back . . . Israel will careless.

So is this entire mess really because two soldiers?

Now today at least Fox had the guts to show no only our Marines helping with evacuation . . . but they showed how the Leannesses people that are not part of the conflict is doing . . .

We are no talking about the militants fighting with Israel but the people from Lebanon that can not go anywhere or board any ships out of their country.

These people right now are in the streets because their homes have been destroyed, these the people that are for a better Lebanon . . . they have not food, not news from outside and not way to get supplies, or anything else.

AT least I commend Fox for showing the other side of what Hezbollah and Israel is doing in Lebanon.

It kind of bring me memories of what is going on in Iraq with the people that were not in favor of Saddam but that are been targeted by the war on terror.

I guess fighting terror means to disregard human life and needs as long as you kill one terrorist, and only show the harships of the victims as long as is one side, the one that US support the most.

Way to go !!!!!!The war on terror is working.!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A question Marg. Would it be safe to say that Hez had been keeping the Lebenese people hostage before and now they AND the Israeli military are doing it?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hard to tell inteprid,

The only thing that I see now is . . . that while countries around are doing their best to get their nationals from Lebanon. . . nobody actually cares what happen with the Lebanese citizens.

This people are to become like you say prisoners of Israel and Hezbollah conflict.

They have not way to go!!!!!!their homes are been destroyed their infrastructure decimated.

I am waiting as to when somebody is going to acknowledge how to bring help to the victims of this country.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hard to tell inteprid,

The only thing that I see now is . . . that while countries around are doing their best to get their nationals from Lebanon. . . nobody actually cares what happen with the Lebanese citizens.

I am waiting as to when somebody is going to acknowledge how to bring help to the victims of this country.

Well, there is some hope. There are calls for a "corridor of humanitarian aid" coming from Europe:

Europe eyes ways to open aid "corridor" to Lebanon

ROME, July 20 (Reuters) - Italy's government and the Pope on Thursday joined calls in Europe to open a corridor that would allow humanitarian aid to reach Lebanon, where hundreds of thousands of people have been displaced due to Israeli strikes.

The proposal, according to a Lebanese official in a delegation travelling around the Middle East and Europe, would allow supplies to travel along a sea route into Beirut. It would need to be agreed to by Israel to operate safely.

Italian Foreign Minister Massimo D'Alema said Italy backed the initiative as something "concrete" Europe could do to help the Lebanese people. In Brussels, European Union aid commissioner Louis Michel supported calls to open safe passage for aid.
www.alertnet.org...

The sooner, the better. The voices of the average Lebanese was filled with suffering as I watched on TV tonight.

Wouldn't it be tragic, however, if the aid providers were attacked by one side or the other?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I for one simply cannot salute Israel, or mine or any other country for acts of aggression. Yes I know Hamas and Hezebullah have attacked Israel and it is justified in defending itself. All well and good...BUT it is counter-productive, nay out and out stupid to think that by bombing civilians in Palestine or Lebanon......

And there is where you show you're completely missing the point. Israel is NOT bombing civilians. If they were WELL over 300 would have died by now. Hezbollah (and Hamas) however set out to purposely kill civilians.

If anything the past few years has highlighted the fact that the Palestinian resistance is so decentralized that it doesn't matter who is in power, Hamas or Fatah, their control over them is minimal at best.

Which is why Israel has to do everything in it's power to stop them....

For thousands of years the Jews were without a country to call their own, with the forcible expulsion of the Palestinians to make the state of Israel, they created a new people without a country and, for people with hundreds of years of history on the land such an act has to be unacceptable...I know it would be to me.

I think you need to brush up on your history a bit
You talk as though the palestinians had their own country and that Jews weren't in the area. Neither is true.
And the "expulsion" of the Arabs in the land that's now Israel really depends on who you talk to if it was (completely) forced or not.

aelita

I really fail to see how bombing the hell out of Beirut airport, bridges and facilities across the country amounts to the border defense.

Hezbollah's rockets and weapons don't just appear out of thin air. They're also trying to isolate them, keeping them in one area (you keep them in one area, the less civilian deaths you have)

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
And there is where you show you're completely missing the point. Israel is NOT bombing civilians. If they were WELL over 300 would have died by now. Hezbollah (and Hamas) however set out to purposely kill civilians.

No they just happen to be the casualties of war just like in Iraq.

Is not the Lebanese fault that missiles just happen to fall on their homes.

Hezbollah is firing into Lebanon and targeting the Lebanese people.

No matter how you paint it hezbollah doesn't care about the population and neither Israel.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I salute the Israeli's for showing restraint. It could be MUCH worse and they are ebing very calculating with their tactics.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
No they just happen to be the casualties of war just like in Iraq.

Not just the war in Iraq. But every war known to man....

Is not the Lebanese fault that missiles just happen to fall on their homes.

If I'm not mistaken, very few missiles have fell on actual houses. And no it's not their fault. It's Hezbollah's....

Hezbollah is firing into Lebanon and targeting the Lebanese people.

What?

No they're not

No matter how you paint it hezbollah doesn't care about the population

Try explaining that to people like pieman

and neither Israel.

Maybe, but at least Israel is not purposely trying to kill civilians as Hezbollah is. And that's what this thread is all about.

meant to go over this earlier:

Originally posted by grover
Finally...what Israel, it seems fails to understand, or perhaps it is our media in this country but, either way, the Palestinians consider themselves at war with Israel and since Israel has the far greater might, any method of attack is acceptable

BS
I can't stand people who try to defend terrorism.
Purposly blowing up innocent people is NEVER acceptable. No matter how you try and spin it. IYou think them blowing up Israelis at lunch or at a club is helping their cause? No. What kind of sick mess is that? They will never win support like that, and that's one of the reasons why efforts so far to create their own country have failed.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Try explaining that to people like pieman

Excuse me, but don't involve me in your discussion. I don't remember bringing up your name in any of my conversations just because I don't agree with your way of thinking. If you think that demolishing 1/2 a city was a measured response thats good for you. Offer up your congrats to israel and be done with it. I don't have to change my views to suit you. You see them as heros I see them as zero's. Woopity doo. Its as simple as that. You want to know who I congratulate? A country like India who even though they are 3rd world nations with a military strength showed great diplomacy and humanitarian concern by not lashing out at innocent civilians. I suppose to someone like you they would be cowards and fools.
Thumbs up for savagery yay!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
bombers8

Thanks for the information but I hope that it doesn't get there to late, after all the only way to get into Lebanon right now is through their coast . . . at least is protected by US war ships and other countries as well.

Now . . . no Hezbollah is not targeting civilians in Lebanon but Israel has as casualties of war. I guess the new way to get away with killing people and be in the right to do so is tagging them casualties.

hey but Israelis has been targeted too . . . so how can I say one side is more evil than the other. right?

[edit on 20-7-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
pieman
1. I said people LIKE you. Your kind have no problems with terrorists purposly targeting and killing civilians. But if civilians are accidently killed in the response you all go nuts. And you completely ignore people who ask you why you all do that.

2. The terrorists who carried out the India bombings are not as organized nor as heavily armed as Hez. If they were and India went after them, innocents would have been killed in that operation as well. And what diplocacy? India arrested HUNDREDS of people. Most were innocent.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Discussion of other members either individually or collectively by indentifying one of them will cease.

Discuss the topic, not each other.

[edit on 7/20/2006 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

pieman
1. I said people LIKE you. Your kind have no problems with terrorists purposly targeting and killing civilians. But if civilians are accidently killed in the response you all go nuts. And you completely ignore people who ask you why you all do that.

Yes I approve of terrorists just because I don't approve of Israel..keep up with your dreaming and spin. Oh is that how you see it as an "accident"? Like if someone accidently bumps another car or someone trips and falls? I thought we were talking about human lives here...i forgot to you they are only a bunch of arabs. Look at some of these Israelis that recently rushed here to defend themselves against americans speaking out against them...they act rational cursing at everyone who doesn't support them? So don't say why you all do that. I haven't cursed at anyone. I haven't said I hope that bombs drop on israel as some of you and your cohorts have in regards to Lebanon. So save it. I have plenty of relatives there just as some of you jewish people have in israel and do not expect me to just say yes go ahead and kill my people and lets worry about only the jews. They are not worried about my relatives right now who haven't done anything to them that may be living on the street right now. So serve up your kudos..I reserve my rights to freedom of speech and freedom of choice while I still have them if people like you get your way it will be either your way or you are in prison.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Use paragraphs man!! lol

Most of your post is nonsense, so I'll do the best I can do

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Yes I approve of terrorists just because I don't approve of Israel..keep up with your dreaming and spin.

I have yet to see you condemn Hezbollah and their attacks trying to purposely kill innocents. What am I supposed to think?

Oh is that how you see it as an "accident"? Like if someone accidently bumps another car or someone trips and falls? I thought we were talking about human lives here...i forgot to you they are only a bunch of arabs.

What?

If you can show these weren't accidents, then please, by all means show us.

Look at some of these Israelis that recently rushed here to defend themselves against americans speaking out against them...they act rational cursing at everyone who doesn't support them? So don't say why you all do that. I haven't cursed at anyone. I haven't said I hope that bombs drop on israel as some of you and your cohorts have in regards to Lebanon. So save it.

Not sure what in the world you're talking about here....

I have plenty of relatives there just as some of you jewish people have in israel and do not expect me to just say yes go ahead and kill my people and lets worry about only the jews.

So because I don't support Hezbollah, I'm now somehow Jewish?
LMAO!! That's news to me!
Wow, all this time I was Jewish and didn't even know it!

They are not worried about my relatives right now who haven't done anything to them that may be living on the street right now.

I'm 100% sure your "relatives" are safe

Otherwise you wouldn't be on here.

So serve up your kudos..

Kudos?
Yeah, for Israel doing what it can to save civilians. Again, when you fly thousands of sorties against an enemy that hides amoung civilians and only 300 innocent civilians die, you're doing something right. No it's not good that they died. Not once have I said that, not once have I ever hinted at that.
But if this had been another country with less sophisticated technology or if Israel was purposely trying to kill civilians, the death toll would be well into the thousands by now.

You can go serve your kudos to Hez for purposely killing civilians all you want....I won't stop you. I realize the world is full of people like you.

I reserve my rights to freedom of speech and freedom of choice while I still have them if people like you get your way it will be either your way or you are in prison.

What?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I unscrewed the frontal casing from my Fan, and stuck my face into the spinning blades.

What should I do?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
I unscrewed the frontal casing from my Fan, and stuck my face into the spinning blades.

What should I do?

I have a used moist towelette if youd like? its still a little wet.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger

What should I do?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would like to bring this article to light. As it is fuel for this fire.

Children Suffering in Middle East, Vatican Reports

VATICAN CITY, JULY 19, 2006 (Zenit.org).- Today's front page of the Vatican newspaper laments that the main victims of the Middle East conflict are children.

The Italian daily edition of L'Osservatore Romano states that "the children are suffering the harshest consequences of the conflict," and clarifies that the impact affects both very young Palestinians and Lebanese as well as very young Israelis.

L'Osservatore Romano bases its criticism on a study from the humanitarian organization "Save the Children," published on Tuesday.

In Lebanon and Gaza, explains the report, children not only are direct victims of the violence (in some of the attacks, 50% of the dead and wounded have been children), but in addition they have to endure the ever greater lack of medicines, health care, food and water.

Also Israeli children of the areas subjected to bombings live in terrible conditions, adds the report. In Galilee, the population is spending whole days in small shelters because of the attacks launched by Hezbollah and Hamas.

Zenit.org Catholic News Service

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join