It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fire missle. Lands 600km From Japan

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
whered you get that rumor at?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ok, sorry if I'm running behind, but now I'm seeing on the CNN website that 2 long range missiles were fired? What were the test results of the 2nd long range missile?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
OK I am watching Larry King at the moment and just checked the website, I see no mention of a second long range missile test?

Can you post a link and a quote please?

Thanks

John

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sure!

Could be a typo - but its on the main page, www.cnn.com...
when you look to the right, under most popular videos - the description of the korean news video reads -

"CNN's David Ensor reports that North Korea has launched multiple missiles, including two long-range. (July 4)"

Which is why I'm asking

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Nicely Spotted!

I was looking for an article and skimmed over that part,

So 6 Confirmed , Possibly 4 More according to Seoul, with rumors of 2 more being fueled.

Like the person said on Larry King, One missile is a test, 6+ is a show of force.

d1k

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
whered you get that rumor at?

Another message board.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The US said North Korea may have fired as many as six missiles. At least three - two of them said to be shorter range - fell into the Sea of Japan.

Thats makes for a pretty intense situation and is going to be interesting to see how this international crisis plays out within the next few weeks.

provocative act designed to get attention

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Im a little confussed

Is the Taepodong 2 missile nuke capable?

What I dont understand is N.K is a nuclear capable country, yet do they have the capability to launch nukes ?

Is the Taepodong 2 their best and longest range missile ?

I was under the impression N.K was a nuclear capable country, that could launch nukes at will in a war situation.
But is it that they have nuke capablility, with no means to deliver the cargo, or are we talking totally different missiles here?

Your input muchly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yes it is. The 2 is the longest missile they have, with the 3 in development supposedly.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Yes it is. The 2 is the longest missile they have, with the 3 in development supposedly.

And the 3 is 12 000 km range... they can it almost anywhere in the US. It would be very very dangerous...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
somone above said they might have 2 more of the big missiles on the lauchpad. how many of these things do they got

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think your referring to this post -

Originally posted by Oilbourse2006
Nicely Spotted!

I was looking for an article and skimmed over that part,

So 6 Confirmed , Possibly 4 More according to Seoul, with rumors of 2 more being fueled.

Like the person said on Larry King, One missile is a test, 6+ is a show of force.

I think he was just stating that there are atleast 2 more missiles being fueled, not necessarily the long range ones.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
the US needs to stop talking and fight!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
While I realize that we're technically still in a state of war with NK, we'd need more provocation than this. I can see if a missile lands on Japan, or SK, or something along those lines. But all this is, is NK trying to look bigger than they are.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vertexc
the US needs to stop talking and fight!!!

And you need to stop warmongering! They just need to locate Kim and kill him in ONE shot.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I believe NK actually picked a bad day to get the attention of Americans if that was his objective. We were or are on vacation and not watching much tv or news. Here it is the 5th and I just found out now. I was relaxing and watching the fireworks.

I'm not worried about NK either. Sounds like they are still having technical problems with their missiles and still can't keep them up long enough. The US has a right to shoot down missilies flying in a path that may hit their territory or allies if requested. If NK wants to start a nuclear war and he takes out part of California, well that would only help eliminate some of the opposition to returning fire. We have a lot more nukes so I don't believe it would take long to put NK out of their misery.

Sum this up to NK trying to create a crisis to see what it can get out of it. Their economy is in shambles and they need handouts. NK opposes capitalism and apparently prefers handouts instead. Of course they must be reasoning that it's not a handout if they persuade everyone to give them what they want by threatening them. It's still a handout in my view. Instead of being independent and adapting to capitalism, NK seeks handouts. Sounds like a welfare case. my two cents.

On the other hand if not for NK and Iran, the case for needing US missile defense might look a bit weak. If the Pacific countries agreed to an aid package and NK dropped their nuke program, the need for missile defense would suddenly look a lot less. Of course there is always Iran to stir the pot. Perhaps we should just go ooh ahh at NK's big long range missile and act impressed and offer an aid package if they drop their nuke program. sounds simple to me. I don't believe our missile defense is 100 percent effective so diplomacy is the best option I believe.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Vitchilo makes a good point. Some times a little assassination goes a long way. Supposedly we don't do that anymore but hey even if we did I would think slipping an operative into North Korea and popping one into Kim would be kind of tough.

Though I've said it before and I'll say it again, the person that seems to talk the most about America attacking Korea is Kim Jong Ill.

I find it hard to believe that even the President could be considering any type of confrontation with North Korea. It makes absolutely no sense and now with Japan (as reported on CNN) wanting to take the lead, I would think there will be enough suitable pressure from the east.

Kim certainly had a busy day.

You know we're supposed to take it seriously because we're getting CNN live from Hong Kong here in the states. A very sassy young anchor woman...rrrow! I don't think I've ever seen CNN in the states show CNN from Hong Kong before.

Anybody wanna guess what the next episode of south park is going to be about?

Matt and Trey just had the best fourth of july ever.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I'm not worried about NK either. Sounds like they are still having technical problems with their missiles and still can't keep them up long enough. The US has a right to shoot down missilies flying in a path that may hit their territory or allies if requested. If NK wants to start a nuclear war and he takes out part of California, well that would only help eliminate some of the opposition to returning fire. We have a lot more nukes so I don't believe it would take long to put NK out of their misery.

This isn't the best solution. Letting it come down to them actually sending nukes into the US, not a good option.

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Sum this up to NK trying to create a crisis to see what it can get out of it. Their economy is in shambles and they need handouts.

They do need handouts and we will offer them incentives. Its a political move and at the same time, they will continue to work on perfecting their weapons of war. This will happen regardless of how much we and other nations give them or help them.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
They need to make a pact with China to take out Kim, and all the nuclear installations.

They need to agree with China BEFORE because if not, world war 3 or cold war 2 is going to happen. They need to say that they'll only take out the government and nuclear installations and not spreading democracy (HAHAHA) as in Iraq. China MUST have this responsability. NK could become a great country and both Korea could unite.

It would be AWESOME!

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
They need to make a pact with China to take out Kim, and all the nuclear installations.

Perhaps it would be better to leave things status quo (no bombings) and let the rest of the world's economies and technology grow and develop a lot more. Eventually the leadership in NK will change due to sickness or old age. By that time, China, the US, and the rest of the world will be so far ahead of NK, that they will be a joke if they even try to threaten anyone. China and the US are major trading partners along with Japan so it's all in our common interest to resolve this peacefully I believe.

Now I'm going to have to turn on my tv. I'm curious what CNN Hong Kong looks like.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by orionthehunter]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join