It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fire missle. Lands 600km From Japan

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I was planning on visiting North Korea at some point, during a gap year, i think i will change my mind now lol (its meant to be a nice country, if you exclude communism, state controlled media, government guide controlling what tourists see, a controlled closed society, brainwashed citizens,etc,etc,etc)

[edit on 4-7-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Meanwhile ... what are we missing [read: being distracted from]?

Israeli aircraft attack Interior Ministry in Gaza

Israeli planes strike Hamas camp

Well, there's two. This thread has really opened my eyes to the mindset of some I share use of this site with. Come on, Which is it? Missiles flying over Japan? Missiles flying close to a little island under Japanese control? Oh, don't worry, I got it now:

Japanese NHK television said one missile landed in the Japan Sea 600 km (370 miles) from the Japanese mainland.
Source.

By the rationale of some posters on this thread, ANY testing of weapon systems by ANY country should be considered an act of war. The nice shiny F-22 Raptors coming into service? Act of war. Recent Valiant Shield "war game" in the Pacific? Act of war. The basis for these claims? Well, they say it on TV. IT MUST BE TRUE.

I know if your Island had missles streaking towards it and landing in your waters Im sure your opinion would differ on the subject. However yes the Israel's are definately being proactive in what they believe is a viable threat agaisnt them. You gotta believe many are watching this as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
I know if your Island had missles streaking towards it and landing in your waters Im sure your opinion would differ on the subject. However yes the Israel's are definately being proactive in what they believe is a viable threat agaisnt them. You gotta believe many are watching this as well.

Where else is N. Korea supposed to test it's weapons?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
maybe they are waiting for the navy to move in the detonate those in the water and firing the rest at the same time?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Taepodong, huh? TYPE-O-DONG!

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Duby78]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What would everyone think if the Space Shuttle launch and the North Koreans testing their missiles at the same time.........and the space shuttle just happened to blowup while leaving the atmosphere. Would that have caused some conspiracy theories to fly.......pardon the pun!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I was just listening to the local news, and I'm pretty shocked this wasn't a lead story.....in fact so far....they have yet to mention N.Korea testing missles. It's all happy 4th of July stuff on the news. Someone that doesn't have cable (I do) but if you didn't....you may not hear about it. Puzzled

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType

Agreed but I know if I lived in Japan and even "test" missles from a proven Hostile neighbour were coming in my general direction I and most anyone would surely be Alert at the very least. Plus usually testings of such magnitude are usually announced so no "mistakes" are made. Not just an innocent test lauch IMO. But who knows. Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the last thing that the goverment would want right now is to start a panic within. they have probaly silenced th media to a degree

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I was planning on visiting North Korea at some point, during a gap year, i think i will change my mind now lol (its meant to be a nice country, if you exclude communism, state controlled media, government guide controlling what tourists see, a controlled closed society, brainwashed citizens,etc,etc,etc)

[edit on 4-7-2006 by infinite]

Sucks to be from the US I suppose as a friend of mine went to North Korea just this year. Yup it was different but not mentalist. I know your English though.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
10 missiles have been fired so far, according to South Korean media.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast

Have they reported any more of the long range ones. I believe if there have been anymore long range ones fired, the US gov wont say anything about them until they are downed one way or another.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
www.nhk.or.jp...

On the Japanese news streamer in the above link they are confirming 3 launches at the moment. I wonder how the public over there is gonna respond to the news of the 10 and maybe more we know about? I know the US has a lot of assets on tap that can respond if needed but to what length who knows. The good thing I state earlier is we now have less missles to worry about now. What an Expesive fireworks display the NK's have put on.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Well, there's two. This thread has really opened my eyes to the mindset of some I share use of this site with. Come on, Which is it? Missiles flying over Japan? Missiles flying close to a little island under Japanese control? Oh, don't worry, I got it now:

Japanese NHK television said one missile landed in the Japan Sea 600 km (370 miles) from the Japanese mainland.
Source.

By the rationale of some posters on this thread, ANY testing of weapon systems by ANY country should be considered an act of war. The nice shiny F-22 Raptors coming into service? Act of war. Recent Valiant Shield "war game" in the Pacific? Act of war. The basis for these claims? Well, they say it on TV. IT MUST BE TRUE.

Act of war?! Hardly! Not many people are screaming that it's an act of war. *I* specifically said that it CAN BE seen as a threat to suddenly launch a missile at another country. Do you know how close we came to a nuclear exchange in the cold war several times because of unanounced/misconstrued launches? It was a HELL of a lot closer than most people think. And 370 miles isn't all that far. It's a WELL ESTABLISHED international protocol that if you're going to launch a test, that travels towards or near other countries you ANNOUNCE IT to said countries so that they don't freak out and push the button. You DO NOT suddenly say "I'm going to test my new missile today." and push the launch button.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well, there's that wonderful big blue ocean that doesn't have large populated islands in it that they can shoot towards. This is just provocation and an attempt to get something from the world community. It worked last time, so why not this time?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast

Any links for that??

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
missiles according to the mil.A few we're scuds,1 or 2 we're medium range and one long range.
The solution: Senda a bunch of tomahawks(conventionally armed) at the missiles. These are just a few missiles on a launch pad. A 1000 lb warhead will be more than enough.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I still not have heard a vaild reason why North Korea cannot have long range missles ?

I really think the US is just SO use to starting wars with 3rd world countrys for economic reasons.
Let me guess only the US's allies can stock ballistic missiles ?

BS

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What happens when this one is tested and operational?

Link

NORTH KOREA'S MISSILE SYSTEMS

Intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM)

Taepodong 2 (Daepodong 2, Nodong 3)
Range: 6,700km
Warhead: 700-1,000kg
Year developed: 2000
(Latest estimate by the South Korean Ministry of Defense. Earlier estimates were 4,000-6,000km)

Three-stage Taepodong 2 (Taepodong 3)
Range: 10,000-12,000km
Warhead: 500-1,000kg
Year developed: Being developed

Range requirements
The entire South Korea - 500km
US bases in Japan and major Japanese cities: 1,000-1,500km
US bases in Alaska and Hawaii: 4,000-6,000km
Continental US: 6,000+km
(Source: Joseph S Bermudez Jr, Shield of the Great Leader: The Armed Forces of North Korea, Sydney: Allen & Unwin, 2001

The Taepodong 3 shows as being in development. Lets hope it doesn't make it beyond that stage.. Because this one could hit a large part of the USA.

d1k

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
A rumor thats going around now is two more missles are being fueld up as this post is being typed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join