It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fire missle. Lands 600km From Japan

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crustas
If it were 2 TD2 fired, and the first failed after 40s, what happen to the number 2?

dunno,
landed in the sea? shot down? 6 have only confirmed and one was confirmed to fail after 40s...don't know about the other one.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PittsburghMike

Originally posted by xmotex

They launched three missiles in the direction of Japan.

Look at a map.
Where else does North Korea have to test launch their missiles but the Sea of Japan?

It wasn't aimed at Japan, it was aimed at the ocean hundreds of miles from Japan, don't exaggerate.

I guess when flight 93 crashed in Pennsylvania, hundreds of miles short of its target, it wasnt a terrorist act either

It's a terrorist act either way since the plane was hi-jacked.

I think if NK was aiming for Japan or US it would have hit or been intercepted.

To me they are just testing. Until they truely hit something I would not want to have some kind of attack happen against them over missle testing. I bet they want a military strike, though.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by DoomX]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
White house confirms 5, 5th one was a short range missle...6th is not confirmed, not sure of what was launched if anything

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Source CNN: US officials: five missiles launched!
I heard six missiles at some point now is only five.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PittsburghMike
White house confirms 5, 5th one was a short range missle...6th is not confirmed, not sure of what was launched if anything

believed to be five now, but to behonest, there could be more.

If Kim wants America's attention so badly, you dont know how many he could of fired.

Japan is now on alert and is expecting more missles to fly over their air space.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I get the horrid feeling NK is watching the satelite news and seen he was no longer live and relevant so more big fireworks were launched for drama purposes. I hope these missles dont have any live tips and are just tyranicall theater on the 4 th. Worse yet I hope this isnt a concerted Asian effort to make Nato force the exposure of their systems. Crazy Holiday for me for sure.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Confirmed 6 missiles now

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Maybe the US Navy should drop a few unarmed tomahawks onto NK's front yard, just to send a message. Better yet right in the kitchen window, that way he don't "feer so wonly"

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I say we mount a relentless counter offensive of water balloons and freedom fries!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
I just broke my diet and had a pizza, if I don't turn off the tv, I may lose the pizza on top of breaking the diet...

My avatar is beautiful, she even got her legs shaved!

niteboy82,

I think you'd be safe to sit back enjoy the "fireworks" and admire your freshly shaven legs. ... nice armband, by the way

Lil' Kim only seeks a global Audience for his antics.

See Me! Hear Me! Feel Me!

... bye the way ... ya got a spare buck or two? Million!? ... the kids gotta eat and all ... hehe :shk:

Purposeful theatrics culminating in a crescendo at a most opportune moment, IMO.?

Meanwhile ... what are we missing [read: being distracted from]?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
let the North Korean bodies hit the floor

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
White house reports likelyhood of more missle launches throughout the night. Last one was with in the hour (5th)

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

Who's warmongering now? Not you I suppose? It's sure they MUST face consequences, but not the people, just the government.

Where the second TD2 landed?

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think the UFO shot down the Taepodong 2 missile.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

LOL - W O W ! I got it

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Originally posted by mrwupy
Oh yes we are! His name is George Bush and you better pray that God tells him to take a chill pill

wupy

Gee I didn't know that it was actually the imperialistic american's that shot this missile as a way to start dissention in Asia? Who was working on the ground over there? the CIA, the NSA?

Didn't you see the laughing smiley at the end of the sentence? It was a shot at humor, nothing more.

Sorry if anyone was offended.

wupy

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
I say we mount a relentless counter offensive of water balloons and freedom fries!

Well....
North Koreans have lack of water and food, so your tatic will be welcomed

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
On a more serious note, maybe Kim is shotting off all his missles and that will be the end of their stash.

They've been told to get rid of them and all - maybe that's what he's doing!

He's probably just having one last HOORAHH!! Maybe someone in the White House or Pentegon, CIA, FBI, ATFB, or whatever who speaks North Korean should call Kim up and ask him, "What the hell ya doing there, buddy (nutcase)?"

Probably one of the last conversations anyone will have with the old guy really.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
should call Kim up and ask him, "What the hell ya doing there, buddy (nutcase)?"

if only international relations worked like that

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Meanwhile ... what are we missing [read: being distracted from]?

Israeli aircraft attack Interior Ministry in Gaza

Israeli planes strike Hamas camp

Well, there's two. This thread has really opened my eyes to the mindset of some I share use of this site with. Come on, Which is it? Missiles flying over Japan? Missiles flying close to a little island under Japanese control? Oh, don't worry, I got it now:

Japanese NHK television said one missile landed in the Japan Sea 600 km (370 miles) from the Japanese mainland.
Source.

By the rationale of some posters on this thread, ANY testing of weapon systems by ANY country should be considered an act of war. The nice shiny F-22 Raptors coming into service? Act of war. Recent Valiant Shield "war game" in the Pacific? Act of war. The basis for these claims? Well, they say it on TV. IT MUST BE TRUE.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join