It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fire missle. Lands 600km From Japan

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I agree - I've only heard of 3 missiles. 2 short 1 long. I don't think the 4th is confirmed. I've been watching CNN off and on too - no mention of a 4th missile.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
I agree - I've only heard of 3 missiles. 2 short 1 long. I don't think the 4th is confirmed. I've been watching CNN off and on too - no mention of a 4th missile.

There was reports. Probably second hand fron the fear-mongering Fox News though wao made it a statement.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

There won't be, we're not dealing with a religious fanatic who thinks he's doing god's work here,

Oh yes we are! His name is George Bush and you better pray that God tells him to take a chill pill

wupy

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
NOW GAS PRICES ARE $5.99 IN PHOENIX...AND CLIMBING!!!!!!

cmon folks... wheres the voice of reality?

Japan will not ATTACK North Korea! Japan in merly a finger in the United States glove. It cant attack alone.

Next, the missle failed. It was a test. THE TEST FAILED. The US did NOT shoot it down. We have had missle tests that have FAILED too!

We will not launch a retalitory strike. PERIOD. What purpose does that serve?

China has it's thumb on North Korea.

I'd keep a closer eye on Hugo Chavez than Kim Jong.

Please, for the love of Mike, dont all go out at once and fill your tanks with gas!

[edit on 4-7-2006 by phxgunnut]

bih

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
duh,north korea just fired missiles to celebrate 4th of july with US

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Okay,
Apparently the UN are not meeting today and its beeing declared a provocative act, but not a threat

9LC

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Originally posted by xmotex

The big difference is that when the US and other countries test missiles we don't actually launch them at other countries.

There has been no claim or indication that they launched these missiles at anyone.

Enough with the scaremongering already people, puhleeez

Exactly. They are tests. What make it OK for the US to test their weapons, but a sin against all of humanity for N. Korea to do so, even though the N. Korean weapons pale in comparison? The only answer I can think of, is very effective brainwashing, on a massive scale.

i agree, i don't think much of usa either.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
NORD confirms fourth short range missle in the last 15 minutes

still not over..

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
NORD have issused that they are on stand by and will act if they feel its a threat.

I dont think this is over.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Calm down.
Launching missiles at the open ocean is not the same as aiming them at a country, unless of course, Atlantis has been found and no one bothered to tell us about it.

Someone posted that the lauch means they disobeyed.

Disobeyed who??? The U.S.?

We don't own the world. We don't even have the moral standing to take them to task considering how many times we ourselves have violated the NPT Treaty, which we did sign.

How many missiles have we tested lately? Considering how many threats we have thrown at other countries, don't you think it scared them too?

Now, if they actually aim them at someone, then I suppose the world, en masse, will have to do something, but not until then.

And as for taking preemptive action, well, that's just not a good idea. That would be like you sneering at me and me hitting you because I decided that you were going to hit me. So I hit you first...but in reality, you had no plans to hit me at all. So when it comes down to it, I was the one who really started it because I took the first swing.

Hold your fire and just keep an eye on the situation.
They are not the first country to test missiles, and they won't be the last.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes
Disobeyed who??? The U.S.?

No,
An International law cause they fire their test missles over Japan. Plus the six party talks aswell.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The news has moved on to other things so I don't think NK is getting the attention that it was hoping for ... at least not from the US. US officials have said the tests were of no threat to the US or US interests and that seems to have calmed the news down so that they can get back to other messed up wordly events.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Launching missiles at the open ocean isn't a threat. BUT, launching missiles without notifying other countries, and then landing them within a few hundred miles of another country CAN BE considered a threat.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Launching missiles at the open ocean isn't a threat. BUT, launching missiles without notifying other countries, and then landing them within a few hundred miles of another country CAN BE considered a threat.

Its VERY close to one of Japan's Island.

So you can understand why Japan is kinda worried.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phxgunnut
NOW GAS PRICES ARE $5.99 IN PHOENIX...AND CLIMBING!!!!!!

cmon folks... wheres the voice of reality?[edit on 4-7-2006 by phxgunnut]

When did this happen? My GasBuddy says the price is still $2.79-.99 in Pheonix... last reported at 2 pm

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Oh yes we are! His name is George Bush and you better pray that God tells him to take a chill pill

Come on now, you don't really think Bush is religious do you? He is so full of crap it's coming out his ears, I don't think Bush worships anything other than money and power, and I don't think Kim actually believes his mother was a panda or however that story goes. Both are self centered little turds who manipulate people, somehow, into believing they believe in more than themselves, IMO.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
When did this happen? My GasBuddy says the price is still $2.79-.99 in Pheonix... last reported at 2 pm

I think that was supposed to be sarcastic or something, gas here is actually lower than it's been for a while, lol.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Why would Gas prices be effected by North Korea?

*gets confused*

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

wupy

Gee I didn't know that it was actually the imperialistic american's that shot this missile as a way to start dissention in Asia? Who was working on the ground over there? the CIA, the NSA?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Up to 6 missiles launched, says Fox News.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join