It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fire missle. Lands 600km From Japan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
But North Korea are sending out a message, we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah they are, and it's that they have limp types-o-dong. It failed 40 seconds after launch. That just doesn't have the desired effect, on me at least.

Don't worry Kim, it happens to everybody at some point in their lives I hear....

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
In all likelihood, the long-range missile that "failed" shortly after launch was NOT shot down by the US. A more likely scenario is that the CIA throws some money at one of the workers to make sure a fuel line is lose or some such thing, so it fails shortly after launch without any way of really telling if it was sabotage. That's a lot more sensible rather than some kind of direct attack.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If missles went flying over my country, i would be worried. So, if i was Japan, i would be preparing something along the lines of a possible strike back if a missle lands.

The main missle failed, what if it failed and crashed over Japan? you have a much bigger problem then.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I haven't seen anyone else mention this so far, but look at what's been reported on CNN and elsewhere, that the T-2 failed in mid-air 40 seconds after launch.

What if there was an intercept using a SM-3 missile from a U.S. Aegis warship stationed near Japan?

Would the intercept make it look like the missile failed shortly after launch? It was the middle of the night over there in a remote area of the world. The U.S. wouldn't have to say they shot it down. In fact, why would they admit it? The countries involved would know what happened, of course. But they also might want to keep what happened quiet for a variety of reasons, such as - in the case of Russia and China - not wanting to admit that their own missiles could also be shot down. The north koreans might also want to keep it quiet rather than admit they are "toothless" after all their previous hype.

[edit on 7/4/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
North Korea have just said..

it would "start a nuclear war" if attacked by America.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A little update: one of the Scuds launched into the Sea of Japan actually made a beeline for Russia, and landed close to Russian waters. Oops!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The main missle failed, what if it failed and crashed over Japan? you have a much bigger problem then.

They weren't armed with anything as far as I know....

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I do not subscribe to the idea of "lets sit back, laugh at their attempt of the long range missle, and wait for a successful test"..one that ends up landing on US soil. To many people are getting too relaxed again. The kind of relaxation that we had pre 9/11. They want to do the US harm, thats how I see it. This test may have failed, but why wait any longer. They have definate intent. There is no need to have another catastrophe on our soil again.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

North Korea have just said..

it would "start a nuclear war" if attacked by America.

Wasn't that their news yesterday??

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
A little update: one of the Scuds launched into the Sea of Japan actually made a beeline for Russia, and landed close to Russian waters. Oops!

DOH!

Now this could get real interesting in a left turn kinda way. I know the Russians dont like when other play off their waters. Oh man if confirmed what a twist.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
US Military watched all 3 lunches, but nothing has been said on the fourth.

Officials declare them "harmless", you wont see a US strike until North Korea hits something (sorry to put it like that)

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Some of these reports say that they were launched from a site other than the one intelligence officals have been watching!!

Does this mean that these are the koreans test shots?

Secondly, this means that these came from a site the US Government DID NOT KNOW about!! You must be kidding!! I'm sure they did, just didn't let us or press aware of it!!

just a thought, what does everyone think!

link   
I can't be the only one who thinks it's odd that the only person who seems to be talking about America attacking North Korea is Kim Jong Ill.

Spiderj

link   
If there were any allied ships in the Sea of Japan, Kim may have gone too far.

No telling on how Japan or China will respond.

The missiles trajectories may determine our response.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PittsburghMike
There is no need to have another catastrophe on our soil again.

There won't be, we're not dealing with a religious fanatic who thinks he's doing god's work here, we're dealing with a self-centered little turd who would never want to have his crappy little empire turned to dust. This is all hot air from him....

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType

On Cnn moments ago their Pentagon correspondant confirmed that 2 short range missles and one long were fired. The long range one was in the "survailence" area and mysteriously failed soon into flight. Now I understand the Pentagon says that their ABM systems take upwards of 5 mins to be deployed and are denying involvement. However the mood at the Pentagon and their reporters seems to give off a feeling of accomplishment to me. I believe that our Specialtity black subs or similar with the the same ABM laser mounted as the Boeings may have had something to do with it but obviously cant confirm it. What do you folks think happened here to their superior missle system?

In other words, did the US shoot the T-2 down ?

interesting

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

A White House spokeswoman said staff were urgently consulting on North Korea's move but had no comment yet. "We have absolutely nothing at this point," the White House spokeswoman, Dana Perino, told Reuters.

Well dosnt that just put the confindence right back in ya

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
maybe that long ranged missle test didn't go over too well on purpose? can they test it's long range capabilities without if flying over Japan?

maybe the hassle with Japan that such a thing would start was just something they weren't ready to deal with yet??

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

Originally posted by xmotex
North Korea is intentionally being provocative, IE attempting to provoke a reaction. The best response is to dismiss them as the impotent, incompetent, poverty stricken slave nation that they are.

Yeeeah! I say The best response is to bomb the F**k out of their impotent, incompetent, poverty stricken slave nation or maybe dismiss their poverty stricken slave nation. Go USA Because we all know that they fight for OUR freedoms at the expense of everyone elses. At the end of the day Sort out your priorities.

im sorry if this hurts u in any way but reading what u said kinda bugged me.
i live in the united states and i know for a fact that we arent truly free... we might think we are free but in reality we are all controlled by our government and whoevers controlling them. we supposively have the freedom of speech right? yet if i went to the streets and started telling everyone what i truly believed in...id be labeled a psycho and put into a mental institution...i was watching tv a couple weeks ago and someone tried to speak up for themselves during a news conference and he got kicked out for speaking his mind...hows that freedom?

we supposively have the freedom to vote right? wrong! the electoral college makes the final say in whos president.. so your votes dont count for anything.

freedom of religion... wow did u know that they finally passed a law stating that you can't hold any religious groups on school property or in school anymore... you can't even speak about what u believe in...thats real messed up!

we are being held down by whats written on paper... how can man be taken down by something such as words written on paper... we have been controlled ever since birth...being told what to do and what not to do. we can hardly think for ourselves without someone stepping in and making the final decision of what happens. I can't go 10 minutes without seeing a police officer drive down the street... police might be helping certain people but they are also destroying peoples lives...innocent people are being put away each and every day just because they didnt have enough money to afford an attorney to defend them in a case. is this what u call justice? i almost got locked up for soemthing that i didnt even know happened... i almost got put in jail for 3 years over some nonsense... a car had a dent in it and they thought i put the dent in the car... when i was in court the police officer said he printed my footprints and it matched the prints from the car... when i was in handcuffs waiting for a ride home...not once did they print my shoes or feet... just goes to show you that people dont care about others they just care about themselves...

another thing... we need money for everything... energy, water, oxygen, food, house, car...anything you name has a price on it... isnt energy supposed to be free just as water and oxygen? yet we have to pay to get water and pay to be housed and we have to pay taxes on top of that... once your in debt to the government its almost impossible to get out... youll be harassed constantly until you make payments... how can money be such a trap? without money your nothing.. thats not a great way to run society... people get labeled as either poor or rich... their is no middle anymore... what ever happened to being created as an equal?

they are labeling people as well...such as mexican people... they are labeling them as illegal aliens... thats really messed up... they came to america to be free(or to at least feel free) and they can't even get that freedom they seek.. instead they get a jailcell or kicked out of the U.S. ...what kind of free country would do such a thing?

i could go on and on but i ran out of space... your being controlled cant you see that? don't stay blinded from the truth or you won't be saved.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The kind of relaxation that we had pre 9/11. They want to do the US harm, thats how I see it.

The two things are very different.
OBL was a fanatic trying to launch a symbolic attack on the US.

North Korea, on the other hand, is a desperate failed state trying to secure economic aid via extortion. They do not actually want to attack the US: such an attack would guarantee their anihilation. What they want is to provoke a panic, and to create an atmosphere of crisis where they can secure concessions.

All I am saying is, let's not give them what they want.

[edit on 7/4/06 by xmotex]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join