It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin kisses young boy on stomach

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
I'm from Jacksonville, Florida and a few years ago, during a Jaguars game, the police were called about a "middle eastern" man, patting his 3-4 year old daughters crotch. I know, I know. It was explained in the paper about various customs around the world, that in this particular region from wherer he was from, this practice was customary. There was supposedly nothing sexual about it. But damn, that's weird.
Sounds bad to us, but its nothing to them. Its different cultures, that's all.

I remember hearing something about some nation (forget which) when the bride and groom marry, the whole family goes to the honeymoon to watch the couple engage in sex. Is that creepy or what?????

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
Well now this is weird!

Moscow, Russia (AHN) - Russian President Vladimir Putin astonished a young boy when he stopped by during a walk through the Kremlin. Despite the current political pressures about Iran and the G8 summit scheduled to hold in Russia in two weeks, Putin still found it necessary exchange a word with the little boy before lifting his shirt to kiss him on the stomach.

Read the rest here

www.allheadlinenews.com...

[edit on 29-6-2006 by d1k]

Can't help but think what we'd see on the thead and posts if Bush had done it. Weesh.

Putin is kinda cute though, probably has a very loving heart in spite of that manly swagger in his walk.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If Bush had done it? He would have been tasting and sniffing around for his latest Satanic ritual offering.
We all know its not his "style"

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Xeros
He just comes across to me as a self important **** trying to get a photo op. If a stranger did this to your child would it make you feel comfortable? Oh but it is the great Messiah Vladimir Putin, oh that's okay then.
Not true at all. I would only think it weird if he came to the USA and did this. People here wouldnt understand.

Not only would people here in the US not understand, it would be all over the news and all the comedy stations would make fun of it, and many would call him a pedophile. But that just shows the difference in cultures

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
maybe he was trying to give him a rasberry or whatever they are called lol, nah i honestly think it is some cultural thing, like in the movie my big fat greek wedding when they were spitting on the lady,thats a cultural thing, but they arent actually spitting they just say toosoo or something, its supposed to keep the devil away, but like i said it must be a cultural thingthat putin did , like someone else said, they knew lebanese people who kissed their chest when they were little. ah well i highly doubt hes a pedophile.

just because its not "normal" to our standards doesnt mean that its pedophilia(or whatever its called)

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
I'm from Jacksonville, Florida and a few years ago, during a Jaguars game, the police were called about a "middle eastern" man, patting his 3-4 year old daughters crotch. I know, I know. It was explained in the paper about various customs around the world, that in this particular region from wherer he was from, this practice was customary. There was supposedly nothing sexual about it. But damn, that's weird.
Sounds bad to us, but its nothing to them. Its different cultures, that's all.

I remember hearing something about some nation (forget which) when the bride and groom marry, the whole family goes to the honeymoon to watch the couple engage in sex. Is that creepy or what?????

What the hell where you reading Dg lol... that is a custom gone to far, one I never heard of either lol. If it was something sexual I don't think mr. putin would have done it in the courtyard, maybe invite him back to his room who knows, anyone seen the kid since lol. Was the kid even russian? The CNN article said it was filled with tourist...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
ok, first thing's first: I'm Russian. Now, I'm not saying I have the solution to this action, but here's a thought: In the video, at the beginning, Nikita (the boy) clearly states that he is hungry. In reply Putin asks "Hungry?", then the boy's mother joins into the conversation, laughingly "Yes, he's hungry...Why don't you come visit..."(right about there it becomes inaudible), Putin asks his name, then kisses his stomach. Cos he's hungry, perhaps?

EDIT: btw, this has NOTHING to do with different cultures

[edit on 29-6-2006 by ivansusanin2]

Ram

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
delete

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Ram]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
None of you ever had a Rasberry when you were a kid?

That's what he did, a Rasberry, on the kid, like a lovable Grandpa would to a grandkid.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
can we have some facts and informed opinion , rather than batant speculation and projection , please ???

it is telling that no Russian media dont seem to be making any issue out of this -- perchance because they know its a none story ?

kissing small children on the forehead is a staple of western affection -- and aped by politicians . however in Russia -- kissing a person on the forehead is a funeral custom , and i suspect if putin had attempted to kiss the boy on the forehead - then the reportage from moscow would be radically different .

thats just one example that i know of , deny ignorance .

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ignorantape,

Thank you for telling us how it is. It has already been established by a Russian poster here that the boy said he was hungry...hence.... No big deal.

d1k

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
can we have some facts and informed opinion , rather than batant speculation and projection , please ???

it is telling that no Russian media dont seem to be making any issue out of this -- perchance because they know its a none story ?

kissing small children on the forehead is a staple of western affection -- and aped by politicians . however in Russia -- kissing a person on the forehead is a funeral custom , and i suspect if putin had attempted to kiss the boy on the forehead - then the reportage from moscow would be radically different .

thats just one example that i know of , deny ignorance .

Would you rather we just not post these stories on ATS then?

Ignorantape,

Thank you for telling us how it is. It has already been established by a Russian poster here that the boy said he was hungry...hence.... No big deal.

That makes things a little more clear. CNN and Yahoo (if they knew about that fact) should have included that in their articles.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Ohm
None of you ever had a Rasberry when you were a kid?

That's what he did, a Rasberry, on the kid, like a lovable Grandpa would to a grandkid.

Also known as a "brubski"

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Maybe he was trying to kiss the kid on the forehead.

And missed.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Me being of Russian decent and very familiar with the culture, this is generally acceptable, and does not imply sexuality if from adult to child. if adult/adult, its pretty freakin weird though.

Yeah, we russians kiss everything. That's why we get our tongues glued to telephone poles statistically more often than other nations. That and the cold...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

If Bush had done it? He would have been tasting and sniffing around for his latest Satanic ritual offering.
We all know its not his "style"

And there you have it, thanks for making my point o dgtempe.

It is a very sad thing to see that every one but our own president gets some kinda break, raspberries and all.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ewwww.

Question to those of you who say it was no big deal: what if this was YOUR kid that Putin kissed on the belly?

Culture or not, no strange man's gonna kiss my kid on the belly. I don't give a damn if he IS the leader of the country.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Ewwww.

Question to those of you who say it was no big deal: what if this was YOUR kid that Putin kissed on the belly?

Culture or not, no strange man's gonna kiss my kid on the belly. I don't give a damn if he IS the leader of the country.

That reminds me of a few years back One of the UK Labour politicians, John Prescott, was out in a crowd having pictures taken when he grabbed this infant from a man in the crowd and tried to pose for a photo, the angry father grabbed the kid from him almost instantly and gave him a right telling off about trying to use his child as a prop. His face went a funny beetroot colour

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Damn. And I just ate a really nice meal. Now I've got to go and barf it all up...

So, we have a possible pedo in control of a nuclear arsenal. An *insane* pedo, who wants to bring back the old Soviet Union in all its glory. Now I won't be sleeping...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I saw the video of this on the News and it seemed innocent and unplanned IMO. Infact I thought Putin blowing a rasberry on his stomach at first

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join