It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin kisses young boy on stomach

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This is exactly what pisses me off now a days. everything and everyone is pointed at as gay, lesbian or pedo, or in a fruadian way. For crying out loud, sexual oriantaion has earned a new freaken definition with this century.

D1k, you live where - Canada. I live in kiev (i'm russian, bit like you said, it's just about the same thing despite what yushenko says). However families who moved away from russia or ukrain live totaly different lives. They left to start different lives and pursue new ones. I know cause i've lived in the west for 3 years and know plenty of russian families there, most of whom happen to be from the ukrain. You guys can hardly make a claim that you live like russians or by their culture. I could care less where your culture comes from and from what side of your family it is because based on your argument you clearly have no more ties to it.

Agent-T, thank you very much. I'm really getting tired of all these people pointing a finger like they're some 4th grader who's seen someone kiss. Quit thinking with the head that's between your legs and start using the one on your shoulders!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
You have voted rancid1 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

PURELY FOR THE SIGNATURE DUDE!!!

I,ve got a freakin cold and my back is hurting from booting a door down in a fire last week but i,m still laughing

Originally posted by rancid1People of ATS know better than anyone that the press will do anything to "stir things up"

Yeah we do.Destructive reporting and cynacism is my pet hate.

NO one is gonna stop ME from showing a sign of affection in public EVER..

These freakin human rights/politically correct movements are doing FAR more damage to children than anyone else,,

They DARE to tell parents how to correctly raise their child.

When I was young if I did anything wrong my parents or the local police constable wouldn,t think twice about giving me a whack..

nowadays your child is FREE..yeah.. to run the streets all hours swearing vandalising the neighbourhood.with the knowledge if someone gives him a whack he can prosecute them for assault..

Meanwhile RIDICULOUSLY,Signs of affection like this are also placed in the public eye as suspect and abuse too??

OK so now to be accepted in publics we have to behave like freakin robots..

AHEM rant over...just one more thing...

FREAKIN..
had to say it one more time

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
He just comes across to me as a self important **** trying to get a photo op. If a stranger did this to your child would it make you feel comfortable? Oh but it is the great Messiah Vladimir Putin, oh that's okay then.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Nothing new except the location. Haven't you ever heard of politicians kissing babies and women? Putin is certainly not the first.

I guess there is some consolation in that cheek to cheek kissing is probably ALSO looked down upon by society now. Especially with children, where we automatically assume that even photographing them is *evil*.

How does that saying go? There is nothing bad or good but thinking makes it so.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
i agree with the person saying that todays society is a little paranoid about toching etc..

cnn seem to be pushing an idea here though, they seem to be saying it suprised everyone there.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Was in my local hotel,s restaurant a couple of hours ago..

You should see how the Phillipino guys behave when there,s a kid in the room..They go ape..!!!

Parents from uk are amazed.. and paranoid too btw.. Till they realise that it,s just their way. Nothing at all sinister

One of our Chefs even took it upon himself to take a two yr old crying baby girl on a mini tour of the safer parts of the kitchen..

Lots of visual/auditory stimulation for a bored child as you can imagine..

Does that seem to you as strange too???

Of course !!!To WESTERN culture..Cos it,s just not done with our paranoia..

One thing to suggest.. Travel a little... Its a big big world

[edit on 29-6-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
In many cultures adults kiss children on their tummies, chests, arms. Nothing weird here. In some cultures, adults even pat children on their behinds as a sign of affection.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Wow, what a display of love!!! And i dont mean he's sick either. I loved seeing that. That is something other cultures do. I kiss my little ones on the belly also.
And i'm not weird. The child probably impressed him greatly in some way, and he did the ultimate- a belly kiss!!

He's human and i like what he did!!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I make fart noises on my babies belly all the time, just kiss her belly then go Pffffrrrrt and she goes into hysterics. It would have probably been better if Putin had done that.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
He just comes across to me as a self important **** trying to get a photo op. If a stranger did this to your child would it make you feel comfortable? Oh but it is the great Messiah Vladimir Putin, oh that's okay then.
Not true at all. I would only think it weird if he came to the USA and did this. People here wouldnt understand.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bramski
I make fart noises on my babies belly all the time, just kiss her belly then go Pffffrrrrt and she goes into hysterics. It would have probably been better if Putin had done that.
Exactly!!! It was done to me, and i do it also. I'm glad you understand - Putin is probably accustomed to doing it when he feels a real affection for a child. Its great.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Its the same as when an old or ugly man (rather than an attractive man) looks at a ladys breasts, he's a perv. I know it's not a sexual thing here but If a nobody was to do this it would seem pervy, but if it's Putin (high profile) it's fine. It's like some attention is the right attention and some is wrong. It annoys me.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Wow, what a display of love!!! And i dont mean he's sick either. I loved seeing that. That is something other cultures do. I kiss my little ones on the belly also.
And i'm not weird. The child probably impressed him greatly in some way, and he did the ultimate- a belly kiss!!

He's human and i like what he did!!

I concur, yep, I knew if I hung out here long enough, I'd agree with dgtempe on something, and voila! here it is.

It is in one's own mind where resides the interpretation of this act as anything other than innocent.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Smokenmirrors,

Thank you for getting it. You're alright.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
Kiss him on the forehead, kiss him on the top of his head, kiss his hand...I don't know guys and gals, it just seems very weird to me to lift up the child's shirt and kiss his stomach.

BTW my fathers side of the family are directly from Ukraine (close enough to Russia, pretty much the same culture) and I've never seen anything like that.

Well it's not like he kissed his but!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Its the same as when an old or ugly man (rather than an attractive man) looks at a ladys breasts, he's a perv. I know it's not a sexual thing here but If a nobody was to do this it would seem pervy, but if it's Putin (high profile) it's fine. It's like some attention is the right attention and some is wrong. It annoys me.
I would tell Putin as well as the old man to direct his eyes into mine or go away.
I had the highest compliment once...from a complete stranger...he actually walked by me and looked me in the "eye" and said, "you're very beautiful"- that was so touching, he never looked me over either.
Its the fact that he only looked at my eyes that made it very nice.

But anyway, it wasnt Putin.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I thought it was a wierd story to have on alot of major news networks all at the same time. I didn't tend to be looking at much news yesterday, but everywhere I seemed to run into had the same headline drawn about this as if they where looking for a reaction or like a new programming via the media pipeline. I see this where they put out something like this and basically it is a form, I think, of divide and conquer. Knowing that some will feel this way and some will feel that way about it. It's like inciting us. You're right Rancid!

This is a little older story, but I see the same thing with this:

ConspiracyPlanet Biased

Recently related news in the US

I'm more interested in why the Putin news made so much news, than what the man did. What little behavior modifying experiment is going on? We can't even get the real news stories through most media, but we have to work with what we got sometimes. Though what we do get usually is telling us how to think. Again, I'm not interested in the picture... to me it's why the cameraman is pointing it that way anyway, figuratively speaking.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I would tell Putin as well as the old man to direct his eyes into mine or go away.
I had the highest compliment once...from a complete stranger...he actually walked by me and looked me in the "eye" and said, "you're very beautiful"- that was so touching, he never looked me over either.
Its the fact that he only looked at my eyes that made it very nice.

But anyway, it wasnt Putin.

was he talking to the person behind you.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm from Jacksonville, Florida and a few years ago, during a Jaguars game, the police were called about a "middle eastern" man, patting his 3-4 year old daughters crotch. I know, I know. It was explained in the paper about various customs around the world, that in this particular region from wherer he was from, this practice was customary. There was supposedly nothing sexual about it. But damn, that's weird.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Andy, you're ok.

Anyway, there's a right way and a wrong way. In Putins case, it was a loving way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join