It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin kisses young boy on stomach

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Even leaders of nations can have a soft side.

I don't see how a kiss on the belly could be interpreted as anything other than an innocent display of affection towards the child.
I hope the boy remembers his brief encounter with Putin for the rest of his life.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truthseeker_013
Damn. And I just ate a really nice meal. Now I've got to go and barf it all up...

So, we have a possible pedo in control of a nuclear arsenal. An *insane* pedo, who wants to bring back the old Soviet Union in all its glory. Now I won't be sleeping...

Truthseeker

When I saw this before work I made a bet with my wife. Thanks to you guys I don't have to do dishes for a week.

I bet her that somehow this would become controversial and that George Bush would be brought into the discussion. You did not let me down.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a SIMPLE KISS ON THE STOMACHE!!!!!!!!! There is nothing wrong with it!!!!!!!!!!!!! This type of thing is common in Russia, and it is perfectly normal!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Putin kissed my child (if I had one
) on the stomache, I would've been proud! To Putin, all the kids of Russia are like children to him! He kissed the child on the stomache, showing his lighter and kinder side! And that's good! Showing your lighter side will make people like you more! Matter of fact, this is not the first time him showing his kind side. In Beslan, after the Terrorist situation, he stopped at the hospital to stroke the head of a child. Goddamn! Some of this replies on this thread really pist me off!!!! Next thing you know, you Americans are gonna call a father who kisses his own child on the forehead a P######## (whatever you call people that like lil kids)

The stomache kissing thing is perfectly normal, and when my sister was smaller, we used to do the farting noise with her stomache all the time! DAMN!!! I swear, some of you people sound like 5 year olds! (um, is there any 5 year olds on ATS?
.)

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The first time I watched it, it did seem weird. But the second time they showed it, it just spoke volumes. The man probably hardly ever gets to interract with his people because of his job. It gave him a chance to be himself, and show some affection without trying to make a display. I saw his heart lead him to that. It's really nice to see a political leader actually "take time off".

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The first time I watched it, it did seem weird. But the second time they showed it, it just spoke volumes. The man probably hardly ever gets to interract with his people because of his job. It gave him a chance to be himself, and show some affection without trying to make a display. I saw his heart lead him to that. It's really nice to see a political leader actually "take time off".

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Kissing on the stomach? thats really wierd

now if you excuse me, I have to push my young cousin down a steep metal incline

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
My god, is this thread still going? Who cares if the Russian guy kissed a kid on his tummy? The fact that this is 4 pages tells me that you all have nothing better to do than question this man and even the smallest actions he takes. It's merely a sign of affection. Who cares?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Russian Soldier!

I'm glad you posted that.
We in America are famous for making something, out of nothing..!
Thats why there are so many lawyers here.
In America, this quite possibly would have been turned into a Lawsuit.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Kissing on the stomach? thats really wierd

NOT AGAIN!!!! LISTEN.... its just a belly fart. Really. Have any of you ever had human contact at all???

I want Putin to give me one.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Russian Soldier!

I'm glad you posted that.
We in America are famous for making something, out of nothing..!
Thats why there are so many lawyers here.
In America, this quite possibly would have been turned into a Lawsuit.

lolllll that is probably true.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
NOT AGAIN!!!! LISTEN.... its just a belly fart. Really. Have any of you ever had human contact at all???

I want Putin to give me one.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by dgtempe]

LOL..

You know what DG?
I think that should be what it's called, from now on, the Belly Fart, shall be called:

The Putin!

Hey look, he's puttin a Putin, on that kid!

Now Putin's puttin a Putin on DG..

[edit on 29-6-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

The Putin!

Hey look, he's puttin a Putin, on that kid!
I give good putin.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This is a world leader displaying some affection to a child. Sure it may be a photo op, but it's nothing more. Putin kissed the empty belly of a child in need. I hope that symbol will live on in a way that will provide food for other unfortunate children that don't have a meal today.

If humanity can't show love to our offspring we are lost......................

[edit on 30/6/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I make fart noises on my babies belly all the time, just kiss her belly then go Pffffrrrrt and she goes into hysterics. It would have probably been better if Putin had done that.

lol..me to mate....

i think its nice to see such an open display of affection in a world whos press only reports death and war, if i ever see putin in public i'll kiss him on the tummy as well, spread the love people.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I like Putin. What the world needs now, is love, sweet love.

Now, there's a man. Strong, yet sensitive. A leader, yet compassionate.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

YES???

Oh sorry!!! I thought you were talking about me

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Agent_T
You never miss a chance.

Who needs sensitivity and leadership? I'll take your sense of humor anyday

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I like Putin. What the world needs now, is love, sweet love.

I dont know if I would go that far. Lets remember Putin is a EX-KGB man and perhaps the most shady, intelligent Global power leader on the planet.

Even Hitler showed affection to childern and animals. If you ever seen his home movies he could easily be viewed as a sweet caring man.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
This is a world leader displaying some affection to a child. Sure it may be a photo op, but it's nothing more. Putin kissed the empty belly of a child in need. I hope that symbol will live on in a way that will provide food for other unfortunate children that don't have a meal today.

If humanity can't show love to our offspring we are lost......................

[edit on 30/6/2006 by anxietydisorder]

OH, my sides are breaking open, I need a kiss on the belly! Yes, I'm rofl but then I read your post again, and I do believe you are SERIOUS! where I saw humor of a uproarious kind I now see serious words. But....oh, it is funny!

Has anyone else found that being kissed on the stomach eases hunger pangs?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
And no one is offended. Just misunderstanding of cultural traditions. Russia is quickly becoming like its Western neighbors, but it also has a rich semi-Asian semi-European history and traditions behind it that are not always on par with Western norms.

That last statement is self-contradictory, or, exuse my Greek, oxymoronic.

I was born in Russia and I never ever saw such an intimate way of greeting a boy you see for the first (and probably last) time in your life. It doesn't tell anything about Putin's sexual preferences, it's just that he can be a very awkward person in how he behaves and especially in what and how he says.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join