It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin kisses young boy on stomach

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
d1k

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well now this is weird!

Moscow, Russia (AHN) - Russian President Vladimir Putin astonished a young boy when he stopped by during a walk through the Kremlin. Despite the current political pressures about Iran and the G8 summit scheduled to hold in Russia in two weeks, Putin still found it necessary exchange a word with the little boy before lifting his shirt to kiss him on the stomach.

Read the rest here

www.allheadlinenews.com...

[edit on 29-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That does seem odd, is there some sort of cultural thing that we aren't hearing about?

d1k

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Heres a new article of it on CNN with Video.

www.cnn.com... - This has video of it.

After watching the video I find it even more weird.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
my lebanese male family would kiss me on the chest when i was a boy, it is culture. what it means?... who knows.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It's not a culteral thing, however i assure you 100% this isn't pedophelia either. It's just like...i don'tt know how to put it... it's like a lovable thing to do, parents do those type of things to their kids. please be understanding about wht i'm saying.

well, maybe it is a more or less a culteral thing like the post above says, i'm not oo sure what to call it.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Spets]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
an expression of joy,

not that often that politicians can be so carefree.

nice to see in the news.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Seems like some Russian custom to me. Why the big deal? It's not like GWB walking up to some little girl and doing the same thing, although I would like to see that, and the ensuing chaos here . . .

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It is a semi-cultural thing. Nothing special.

He just asks him his name and where the kid is from. The only thing out of the ordinary about this, is that Putin is a always businesslike, formal, and rather uptight- so this friendly behavior is somewhat unusual.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hes pulling a michael jackson thing on him huh ?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced

Russia has a vastly different culture, and believe me this is not interpreted as such in Russia. In fact it is not interpreted as anything in Russia because no body pays attention to it.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by maloy]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
no, nothing like micheal jackson, next time your parents (or if they ever did when you were small) or someone close to your family, or a friendly person does anything like that to you i'll remind you of micheal jackson. Mind you these sort of things aren't tolerated in russia. Did you see what happened to the gay march? If he was a pedophile he would have to be EXTREMLY secret about it. I don't know why you say puting is buisness like always. he's a real frindly guy. most world leaders love his personality and their conversations are more like "2 people who know each other" talking. Ofcourse he can be very buisness like. He even takes his dog to work lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Originally posted by imbalanced

Russia has a vastly different culture, and believe me this is not interpreted as such in Russia. In fact it is not interpreted as anything in Russia because no body pays attention to it.

Maloy is totaly right. Russia has a very different culture.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well, so maybe the guy needed a break; he was busy all day. That seems like a really pain-in-the-a job...Russia hasn't exactly been seeing good times for, oh...the last 1000 years or so.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
K sorry to offend the russian people.
I was just kidding sorry to offend if i did anyone.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by khatores
Well, so maybe the guy needed a break; he was busy all day. That seems like a really pain-in-the-a job...Russia hasn't exactly been seeing good times for, oh...the last 1000 years or so.

Who has. Europe is only experiencing a short ceasefire between World Wars. US is up to its neck in ****, Middle East is on fire, China has something cooking under the curtain, and South America is embracing anti-Americanism with Simon Bolivar wannabe's. Nothing new.

And no one is offended. Just misunderstanding of cultural traditions. Russia is quickly becoming like its Western neighbors, but it also has a rich semi-Asian semi-European history and traditions behind it that are not always on par with Western norms.

d1k

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Kiss him on the forehead, kiss him on the top of his head, kiss his hand...I don't know guys and gals, it just seems very weird to me to lift up the child's shirt and kiss his stomach.

BTW my fathers side of the family are directly from Ukraine (close enough to Russia, pretty much the same culture) and I've never seen anything like that.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I don't know why he did it. Wonder why it's all in the news? (especially if it's harmless)

If you remember a day before or that day was the news about the Jewish priest with his picture of supposedly sucking out the boys blood on his penis as it's regularly a Talmud ritual to do this. When I saw Putin, I thought it resembled it. Who knows?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Honestly I would take this as a sign of simply a good natured guy.No way he would do it in public if there was any 'deviance'''happening here.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This just shows what kind of paranoid society we are becoming. I was having a conversation with a friend of mine who teaches 4th grade and how she was saying you have to be particularly careful nowadays to make sure no part of you EVER inadvertantly touches a student.

Gone are the days of hugging and supportive back pats from anyone, including affectionate family members, church folk and educators. Okie, for those cynics, it might stop the over enthusiastic gym teacher, but not the true pedos. They will find a way because their minds are focused on the subject.

Most other people are just unaware of their actions.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Looks like the press is just trying to make something out of nothing.
People of ATS know better than anyone that the press will do anything to "stir things up"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join