It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Bloggers Technical Questions Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Aren't you just the best? And so speedy.

Thanks parrhesia.

psshhh

What do you expect?

Uber speedy ninja blor czar, i are!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Fixed my own problem. I had simply neglected to rebuild the entire site after making changes. Duh.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My personal thanks to Zedd for being so prompt and taking care of a couple of configuration items so quickly.

Thanks!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Am I Famous Yet?

A friend told me he couldn't see my latest blog entry, "Ramblecasts!", even though it shows up as published from my control panel.

Can anyone see the entry?

(It just points to a couple of podcasts)

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yup, .....cut 'n paste.....

I decided I should pollute the podwaves with some fresh just-me-and-a-microphone diatribes, available on iTunes or from the following podthreads:

BTS.talk: Majic On Majic

BTS.talk: Majic's Moderator Monologs

Maybe, as real life and my bipolar phases permit, I'll be able to kick out some fresh music soon.

I hope!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yeah it showed up. majic on majic &c.

Sometimes a page refresh will do it.

Can anyone tell me what i've done to my archive pages. i tried to turn them into two column, but i think i put a div tag in the wrong place. Any ideas?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
how do i get to my blog, and log in?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
A moderator will U2U you with your login details, etc.

Anyway, my problem:

I want to slightly edit a style from the stylecatcher (add a banner), but when I do, the whole template gets wiped and all I'm left with is a white background. Also, the banner gets cut off on the "Continue reading the *insert blog title" pages... I tried expanding the banner container but it doesn't work.

I'm starting to get frustrated... *breathes*

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The problem is fixed.

Thank you to FingaPointa for making me realise I had to leave the StyleCatcher links in the style-sheet.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I seem to have lost the banner at the top of the page that says sambo5us. I was in the code putting a calender in so i dont know if i accidently messed with some of the other code for the banner. Can anyone help me get it back?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I retract my previous statement. I just reset the code to default and started all over again. Thanks Anyways!!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Could someone please help me in the right direction to install the statwatch plug-in. I downloaded the files, but I'm not exactly sure where I must upload them? The downloaded files include a lot of folders and subfolders and stuff…

(PS is this the only way to get some idea of how many hits you get?)

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I followed Parrhesia's instructions from page 3 of this thread and it works just fine. There are probably other stat trackers out there, but I don't know if we can use them since we don't have access to the blog settings.

Originally posted by parrhesia

Ok, you insert it in the "Main Index" template like this...
At the very bottom, underneath the ATS footer info

Insert it between the body and quote tags that are already there, like this:

Remove the asteriks, and you're all set! Don't forget to rebuild your site!

Wait a bit for it to be picked up by the stats and you can view it here:

blog.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope that helps.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by parrhesia]

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 6/19/2006 by DCFusion]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
I followed Parrhesia's instructions from page 3 of this thread and it works just fine. There are probably other stat trackers out there, but I don't know if we can use them since we don't have access to the blog settings.

Really I tried (again when you gave it) but I'm not sure I'm on the right page...

I think we should take it step by step? Let's start at the "Main Menu" page please? Where do I go from there?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Open your Main Index and all the way at the bottom, just before the closing HTML tag, put this (but remove the asterisks):

Here is what mine looks like:

Hope that helps

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion

Hope that helps

Thank you kindly!

Now, I've got another question - and this is not exactly about blogs, but why do some members like myself have a "Member Blog" button, while others like Mr Penny and Majic above does not?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I did figure out how to reconfigure my stylesheet so everything is okay on that end. However, I am still having trouble locating my directory for my uploaded jpegs. Where is the local site path? Am I missing something?

Would someone please post a specific diagram how to get there? I've looked all over my account. I've scoured the templates, the modules as well as the other indexes. Is there a special page which posts all the uploads to the blog so that I can physcially see them? If there is, I can't find one.

Thanks for your time once again.

Take good care,

Ceci

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Now, I've got another question - and this is not exactly about blogs, but why do some members like myself have a "Member Blog" button, while others like Mr Penny and Majic above does not?

Because you have a link in your sig.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Because you have a link in your sig.

Wow. Is the code really that "intelligent"? I am really impressed!

Edit: Wait a minute! Majic's got a linky-link in his sig to his blog...?

[edit on 23-6-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Wow. Is the code really that "intelligent"? I am really impressed!

No, I think the extra button has to be assigned/activated by SO or a blog czar. (At a guess.)

Edit: Wait a minute! Majic's got a linky-link in his sig to his blog...?

What I meant to say is that if you have link to your blog in your sig, you don't get assigned an extra blog button. You probably added the link to your blog after the new buttons were already assigned. So now you have both...lucky you.

[edit on 2006-6-23 by wecomeinpeace]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join