It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Bloggers Technical Questions Thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
To change the title, you would have to work with the "Main Index" and the "Style Sheet" of the Template Directory.

If you mean trying to put a banner and a background on your blog, then check out fingapointa's and ZeddicusZulZorander's blogs. They both have meticulous details how to work with moveable type blogs, especially when trying to manipulate both of these files to make the blog look the way you want it.

On page seven of this thread in fingapointa's post, he has the links you should click on to get the information you need.

I hope this helps.

--Ceci

[edit on 23-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thanks, ceci2006, but I've already done that.

What I'd like to do, however, is just move the title text to a different position within the banner. How do I do that?

An alternative for me would also be to add a 2nd hyperlinked image within the banner, but I'm not sure how to do that either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You'd have to do something like this if you want to center your text. On the "CSS" document you can either do one or the other:

banner
[
text-align: center;
]

or

h1
[
text-align: center;
]

Depending on the position, you can also use (left, right, justified) as well.

You might want to experiment with this, because it moved my banner to the center. But, I didn't have any text there. For yours, it might just move the text.

As for the second question, I'm not so sure about.

You'll have to ask fingapointa or Mr. Zedd for help on that one.

I hope this helps. If not, please someone feel free to correct me.

--Ceci

[edit on 23-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thanks, Ceci, that got me half way there... now I just need to figure out how to drop it a few lines down within the banner.

This stuff gives me a headache!

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Sheesh, the learning curve on this stuff is steep.... :shk:

Anyway, can someone help explain how I can post an imageshack image within an entry?

Also, my quote button option doesn't work by just clicking on it. Is there a manual way to quote material?

[edit on 23-7-2006 by loam]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
To use the quote button, you need to highlight your text first and then press it. It doesn't work like the ATS one. If you need to do it manually, use < blockquote> and < /blockquote> (without the spaces of course).

Personally, I don't like the quote function because it makes the font bigger than the rest of the entry. This could just be an unfortunate side effect of my template.

I can't help you with images. I just use the upload file option for the blog and cut and paste the code it generates.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Thanks, Duzey!!!

Slowly....and bit by bit...I'm getting the hang of this.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
this is not quite technical but i think you can answer it anyway: is it ok to have a blog written in a non-english language ?

i want to create a blog only related to conspiracies and the .abovetopsecret domain seems really perfect for it.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
OK....so I'm starting to get the hang of this....but I still have a few questions...

1) What is a trackback, and why do I need them?

2) Also, I received my first comment, tried to post a reply and it wont publish...something about my own post being spam +1...
whatever that means.... Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
loam,

I can answer the second question:

1)Click on comments. You will see a list of your comments.

2)Click on the comment you received. At the bottom of the page, you will see "publish", "junk" or "delete".

3)For the comment (if you choose to accept it), click "publish". Once you refresh the screen on the main page, it will show up.

For your own comments:

1)Go to the main page of your blog.

2)At the bottom of the entry, click on "comments".

3)Fill out your comment.

4)click "post".

5)Then go back to your main menu and click on comments.

6)Follow the same steps as you would for the other comment.

7)The next time you hit refresh, you should see your comment after the one you accepted.

Hope that helps. And good luck!

Take care,

Ceci

[edit on 24-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Loam, you may also need to approve the commenter. When someone sends a comment, an email is automagicaly sent to the address you supplied when signing up. Clicking on the approve comment in that message should do it, if it still isn't showing up. Now, I'm going to take a bath in a nice white wine.
(If you read Loam's blog, you'll know what I mean. .)

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thanks, ceci2006 & fingapointa...

Any word on the trackback issue???

*loam wonders whether lawns can be "watered" with wine???*

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
BTW, is there any way to just have comments automatically approved?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What happened? Did we outsource this thread to India????

How about some help, please....

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

You need to convince one of the "Big Boys" (AKA Mr Zed) to turn the feature on/off.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I think the email approval is a one time deal, after that you still may have to publish them from your blog control panel. There's been a fair amount of spamming on comments (I just trashed two comments hawking ringtones and crap) so it may be good to keep it. Same deal with trackbacks, they're a way to create cross links between blogs (I think), but they're prone to abuse by spammers, google bombers etc.

Don't get me started on outsourcing to India, I'm having battles with my mobile phone provider at the moment. grrr.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses, guys!

I'll consider whether I really want the auto approval feature turned on.

Thanks, again.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Loam, I just turned it off for you but left the email notification on. Try it out and see how you like it. I can always change it back.

As for time issues, I've been a bit busy but there are quite a few Blog Czars that can help too.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Czarist Rushin'

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
As for time issues, I've been a bit busy but there are quite a few Blog Czars that can help too.

Actually, there's just three of us right now: you, me and parrhesia.

parr is busy with RL things and I'm ever-so-slightly preoccupied with PTS, as I'm sure you're aware.*

So we might want to crown a few more czars for the sake of the blog motherland.

*And I'll be almost completely offline from July 28-August 6, just to keep things interesting. Hey, it's summer!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Right now I have a link on my blog to the ATS Member Web Logs page (blog.abovetopsecret.com...) but I would like to put the ATS Web Logs image that appears on the ATS pages (the little pink book) on my blog if it would be OK. Not sure if this would be allowed so checking here first.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join