It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible creature encounter last night w/ audio clip! It might have been killed by helicopter!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I called the police this morning to ask what happened, and was told that an officer "had to put down a pit bull" that got out of control.

ignoring the mindnumbing inconsistencies of your audio " clip " or a second -- lets focus on the " cover story " of the pitbull being shot , can you cite this story anywhere in the local press ??

i dunno where you are but here [UK ] whenever a " dangerous dog " is shot by police -- it reignites the " debate " with anti pitbull advocates screaming that they should all be put down and thier is zero reason to keep any such dog

these people are naturally oposed by the pro dog lobby who claim it was an isollated incident -- and trot out the ownere and his kit -- who protest that thoer dog was the victim of police britality -- and would never hurt a fly [[ along with pictures of the dog licking a cute child ]

so come on -- feed us the cover story -- if nothing else , that should be availiable f there was an incident ,

also -- just as a last jibe -- you claim that the next morning the site was " crawling with investigators " -- then why no picture , no news crew -- why only one pick of a peice of tape ??

ape gives you an F- and writes " must try harder " on your ATS report card

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Please u2u me the phone number of the police station you contacted. I'll need the date and time of the "incident" as well. If this checks out your post and your membership will stay. I would also add that you have captured an incredible event on audio and we will do what we can to get the word out.

Honestly, it does sound "too good". That is the most efficient law enforcement. security contractor helicopter in the galaxy. They appeared armed and firing on the scene with in seconds of the "beast" running into the woods.

This thread and your membership will be gone if I don't have a u2u in 24 hours.

Springer...

whether this is fake or not......

Just out of curiousity, under the T&C, on what grounds can you pull a membership based on a post that contains no threats or profanity?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ladies and gentleman of the jury. I would like to present to you proof that this audio clip is a hoax.

If you download the actual file to your hard drive:
uploadfile.putfile.com...

Right-click on the file and you'll find this in it's properties:
"Made with Sonic Foundry ACID 4" ... Now for those unfamiliar with this product. It's audio editing software. I.e. you edit music loops and sound effects with it. The audio clip has been created by using audio software with sound effects...

store.topdjgear.com...
topdjgear.infopop.cc...
www.google.co.za...

If the jury would allow me a further 24 hours I'll do a further audio analysis to substantiate the proof that this is a hoax.

But in my personal opinion this is more than enough reason to believe that this is a hoax. And a bad one at that. Isn't hoaxing against the site's T&C? DougJohan, you've been a bad boy, haven't you?

The state rests your honor.

Edit: Sp. & Format

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Gemwolf]

Dae

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
whether this is fake or not......
Just out of curiousity, under the T&C, on what grounds can you pull a membership based on a post that contains no threats or profanity?

The T&C states we must not knowingly make stuff up and post as if its true. However, if I remember rightly, it does say if you want to use viral marketing on this site (officially knowingly making stuff up) then you must contact one of the three and get permission beforehand, oh and pay 'em for it too.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ok I'm not saying there aren't things in this world that don't belong here. I believe there are things "creatures' whatever here that shouldn't be or perhaps our gov is creating a Frankenstein of sorts.

My suggestion would be to prove your story in more than just audio. Everyone on this thread are kicking the crap out of your story so provide the phone call to the police or anything else you might have.

Some questions about that audio from me would be what happened to the little girls parents? She screams and then what goes back inside and drops it? Where were your neighbors to perhaps corroborate the story. I mean with noise like that with the amount of gun fire would have brought more people out you would think.

NOt to mention the pit bull story. That's alot of artillary for a pit bull.
Also where the hell do you live to think that howling screams like that are a normal?

Wow is all I can say. Hopefully it is true it would make headlines

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
He never came back to defend himself, if his tape were real he'd have no reason to dissapear from the thread. That to me is proof enough that it's fake. If you have something so ground breaking as this, thats actually real, you wouldnt just abandon the thread.

However if you faked it, and were contested about it, you would probably leave out of fear of ridicule.
Definatly a fake.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
GEMWOLF : the presence of the metat tag from an audio editing suit -- is not IMHO very significant , depending on how it was recoreded and the set up of his computer -- it could have aquired a tag while beeing ripped from analogue to MP3 , named and stored as a file

thats not to say i believe the clip is in anyway genuine -- it sounds crap --
to me its a clooection of stock effects linked very baddly

but if i may be so bold as to offer advice -- the dog barks sound too long and to consistent -- lasting over a minuite @ near constant volume - and sounds to me like there is only a 3 or four clips of a few seconds each -- sliced and blended together

IMHO find the repeated segment - and thats your " killer proof " of forgery

thats jut my 0.02 groats

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
GEMWOLF : the presence of the metat tag from an audio editing suit -- is not IMHO very significant , depending on how it was recoreded and the set up of his computer -- it could have aquired a tag while beeing ripped from analogue to MP3 , named and stored as a file
but if i may be so bold as to offer advice -- the dog barks sound too long and to consistent -- lasting over a minuite @ near constant volume - and sounds to me like there is only a 3 or four clips of a few seconds each -- sliced and blended together

IMHO find the repeated segment - and thats your " killer proof " of forgery

Well I guess everyone's standards for proof differs. But I hear you. My "proof" could easily be explained away, but the fact that the file went through audio software - software with the sole purpose of creating such clips - sends off red lights.

I'm just about heading home with the clip where I can spend some time on it with some decent software and equipment. Trust me. If there's anything remotely fishy, I'll find it.
Usually sound clips are too short to do anything with, but this one has plenty to take a shot at.
Like the repeat of the dog barks - I'll do a comparison just for you!

I'll be back in about 14 hours... Watch this space.

Edit:Format

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
All I want to know is what did Creatures 1 through 38 sound like?

You've got Jurassic Park in your backyard.

Classic quote.

The clip didn't even work for me anyway.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ban this idiot for posting known false info. Is there any sound effect he didn't use in making this BS up?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Way too obviously fake. If the creature were capable of knocking down one tree when running through the woods, it would have been knocking down others and making a lot more noise than just one tree falling. Additionally, the tree fell over too slowly. The helicopter just popped up overhead, as mentioned previously. And most pocket audio recorders, which I assume this supposedly is, only record well in a certain range. Loud noises like helicopters and machine guns get distorted. But everything in this clip sounds like it was professionally recorded. Just not professionally mixed together.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I love how the pitbull
let out that howl right before it got shot.

Sounded cool even if it was fake.

A banning we will go!

Peace

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Too bad, it had the making of a good story.

Unfortunatly, nothing to back up his claims.

If only he used his powers for good instead of evil.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Years ago the BBC here in the UK made sound effects CDs and audio tapes, I had a few when I was young, and Im sorry to say that this just sounds like a bunch of 'em stuck together !!! lol

This definately sounds like a very poor fake IMHO.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wow a machine gun louder than the helicopter it was in...dang thats a badarse gun...NOT. Total Fake, the looped main dog is clearly heard. if u listen closely u can hear where the clip ends and begins. Nice find on the file tag Gemwolf.

Dalair, dont be calling for anyones banning when ur perpertraded hoax is now in the trashcan due to the lies and inconsistencies. Seems you had no time to snap pics, but plenty of time for posting to other threads ay? Aint that the pot calling the kettle black

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
DougJohan The growling made me think it was a Sasquatch. It certainly caused a ruckus and that poor girl it certainly gave her a fright.

It was obviously not a pit bull terrier, as I don't know of any pit bulls that stand over 6' in height.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
As an audio engineer, this is a clear answer. It is really cool and entertaining to see how beginners put together their work though
I give him a B :p

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

My opinion is this is a hoax as two of the sounds ( tha lone barking dog and the howl at the end ) sounds like they came from the 1994 Ohio BF howl from here ( right click download )...

www.bfro.net...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It would not be difficult to find audio clips on the web to create any kind of audio story I'm sure. But where did this person go?

I can't understand why people do stuff like this unless they need attention or they are trying to discredit legit stuff and appease the unbelievers and debunkers.

I cringe everytime these things happen because it just makes the case stronger for the 'I don't believe in anything crowd' and it gives them one more victory to point to and say 'see, we're right.'

I would ban this shysters butt myself.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Why did the tree fall down?

The furrys are going to be all over this story, I ain't going to touch it, even though I just did.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join