It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan

Don't even get me started on the worst Valentines day of my life.......

Nah, come on cowboy, tell us about it.

Then I'll tell ya'll about a hot spicy little tomato that gave me something to remember one time down in Sonora. Wern't no damn valentine either.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well, let's see. I broke up with my girlfriend 3 weeks ago. She was leading me on up until a week ago and wanted to stay friends. Somehow, today she "just started" dating some guy and going to Hawaii next month with him.

THAT'S why today sucks!
:bnghd:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's a new day ST.

I certainly know what it feels like to lose a lover.

And I can certainly see how valentines day would suck in
your situation.

I can only offer sympathy because I remember when
people would offer advise; it would only p***me off.

Be strong brother man.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Whaaa i like your signature. "zen happens." Totally true man.
ST, there are plenty of other women in the world, so don't sweat it. You'll find the right one somewhere. have faith.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Man o man, am I ever tired. Walked out this morning and what did I see, but a flat on the Porsche. Just kidding all I have is a Honda Civic and a Dodge Van. Actually the Honda belongs to the Queen of Pain, but sometimes she lets me drive it when she has had a tad to much Mirlot.
Jacked up the Honda with that piece of **** they call a jack and went and got the $9 four way out of the van. What a wonderful piece of automotive art, all chrome and shiney.

Ah yes, the heft of cold steel in a real man's hands, let's all the wimps out there know in their hearts that the planets are in their proper orbits and all is right with the world. I spin off the lugnuts, take off the wheel and the Honda falls off the jack into the muddy track that passes for a driveway. No way to get the jack back underneath the car. Shovel time because the plastic bumpers fold like rice paper if you use a bumper jack.

Thats why I'm tired. A five min. tire change turned into a 1 hr ordeal of earth moving and cussing the stars I was born under.

But I'm proud to report my sterling character is still intact, the Queen of Pain kissed me square on the lips and brought me a bowl of soup. Cream of asparagus!

[edit on 16-2-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
that sux dude.
I a hate getting a flat.
I got a flat one time taking a friend home on the back roads, in the middle of nowhere.
I didn't know how to fix a flat at the time, thank gods my friend Chad did. We couldn't get the wheel off. (I was driving my bf's car at the time) Ricky didn't have a jack in the car either. NO JACK!!!
Thank the goddess that my parents house was only a mile away, but it was winter time out and i didn't have a coat. (too bulky to wear with a seat belt....I learned that night.) I froze to death walking over to their house cause neither of had a cell phone.
So i feel your pain man, I feel your pain. my dad was able to help us that night and i that the gods that we were close to their house.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hi, Everyone! Have been away a couple days.
MrD and I have been on tour with the Loudpoor Singers. We're out in the middle of the Mojave. Join us if you'ld like. We got our vocal chords warmed up last night around our campfire. We got Big Bertha, our big subwoofer, and her Backup Twin Sisters, our 9-inch speakers, cranking out songs from some satellite overhead (Thank God it's not the one about to crash!).

Of course, we get some great amplification from the red wine. And our vocal range is extraordinary. Try Jim Morrison and Robert Plant, Stevie Nicks and Janis Joplin. And we even make up the lyrics missing from our repertoire, so anyone can join in.

You know, Titan, finding someone special is like looking for gold. You pick up a rock, inspect it, and if it isn't gold, you throw it back. Sometimes we're fooled by fool's gold. This gold hunting can be a little frustrating, 'cause some people seem to be lucky and find gold in the first rock they pick up. But, ya know, keep on hunting, and sooner or later you strike gold. Not all claims pay out, but sooner or later you get one that does.

Oh, missa, you asked about children before. Sigh...my two boys are men now, 28 and 24...turned out good. Memories. Making soy birthday cakes with powdered milk icing, having friends' children over to play, ...I really can see now, how Life will continue beyond me.

OK, just go out on the highway quite a ways, make a left turn, then a right at the second right, then a left. We'll leave a log on the campfire.

Hopefully, missa, you won't get a flat on the way out, but we'll help fix any flats you might encounter. Sorry to hear about the driveway flat, Whaaa. Did you ever see what caused it?
OK, now I remember this. MrD helped fix an Asian family's flat in the middle of the desert. They bowed and said, "Thank you." Then we bowed. Then the man bowed again and said, "Thank you." Then we bowed again. Repeat. Question--when should we have quit bowing? This puzzles me.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I met Brenda in the fourth grade....She was my girl off and on all the way to high school. It was in high school however, that I really realized what an incredible person she is. Being a teenage girl, she broke up with me, fully expecting me to come back to her. Heck, I thought I was the luckiest guy in the world to be seeing her....didn't surprise me she would prefer to be with some other more handsome, rich, athletic guy.

I burnt a candle for 30 years. Imagined running into her somewhere, what she looked like, how her life was going. I can't think of a significant period of time she wasn't close to my thoughts. I made it a point to wish her a happy birthday every single year.

Saw her once at the high school 10 yr reunion....spent far too much time with her.....my wife was slightly miffed. Couldn't help it....I was drawn to her.

She contacted me a few months ago....come to find out, her heart was broken when I didn't come back to her.....I didn't know. I had such a low opinion of myself...I figured that was the way a loser lost a girlfriend.

So, she's here with me now....I love her madly....and I'm divorcing my wife....

What does that make me?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Oh my God, I don't know what that makes you Mr.P.

Couldn't you claim that you have a recessive Mormon gene and keep them both?

I think that's worth a try, don't you?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
In canada it's legal to have more than one spouse.
All hail Canada!

Doing what our country wont do......
How is everyone today???
coffee.....coffee....coffee anyone? Sip.....sip.....
Here's some brownies to go with the coffee. I love to bake.
Whaaa would your parrot like some brownie? Or some seeds perhapse?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I was in dgtempe's neck of the woods the last couple days...Cape Cod, Massachusetts. My sister got hitched for the 3rd time. Hopefully, this one will work out. I have a new brother now and he seems to be an alright guy and seems to love my sister.....

My nephew (13 yrs old) was a bit upset....but such is life.

dg.....did you have a sense that I was near?

Hi everyone!!

Cuban cigars for everyone *hands a nice Cohiba to all the guys and gals*

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Oh missa, my parrot Virgil has flown the coup.

He was outside Counting Crows, when, near as I can figure,
he decided that I couldn't really provide the emotional or monetary
support he needed and decided to return to his wife and kid in
Plainview, Texas. All I can do is just wish him well and hope that his
old job as a tool pusher in the oil patch, is still open for him.

There will always be a soft spot in my heart for that little green rascal.

But we Pirates hava saying...."Parrots are like street cars; another one comes along every 15teen minutes."

Anyway my girl friend and Virgil never really got along. Always fussin about wheather to watch "Animal Planet" or the WWF, whose turn it was to
wear the rosary, or the St. Louis Blues T shirt, always some arguement happening over the most trivial BS you can imagine.

I was heartbroken when my little buddy left, but the valium and prozac smoothie I had for lunch is begining to kick in and I feel a lot better. Time to dry my tears and get on with life.

OK, who's drinkin? Shooters all around. Nah, I'll just have a Dr. Pepper.

E_B, your glass is still dirty, what's your pleasure. Thanks for the stoggie!

[edit on 17-2-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

EB,

Oh, i',m so bummed you didnt even honk your horn???? I did have some thoughts of you....hmmm...picking up on your prescense here in this horse town (by the sea) , of course.

Did you see the one sign we have that says "caution horses" that's my house, that big white one across from the water.

Come on, you said you would at least honk!!!

:shk:

I hope your sisters marriage takes well this time
I wish her good luck.

*pouting*

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well E_B, I think I can speak for most of us here in LN. "May you sister truely find happines and joy in her new Marriage." Nothing like being loved and showing affection and love in return. Holding hands on the sofa watching reruns of Rt. 66 and Gunsmoke or Mayberry RFD. A shared romantic Dinner of Pigs in a blanket, Cherry Cokes and fries down at the Dairy Queen.

However my attorney, Sr. Jorge Boracho, likes to reminde me whenever I consider tying the Knot again; That by the time you get around to a 3rd marriage you usually have honed your skills at humiliation, sarcasm and degrading your partner to a razors edge and expecting romantic bliss is somewhat unrealistic. Why is it that lawyers are alway such cynics?

I say "hope springs eternal" "give it a shot" "what's the worst that can happen?"

Blessings and Good Luck to the Bride and Groom!!!!!

dg, have I ever told you that when you pout, you look just like......Damn it....senior moment...you know that chick in CSI.

Hay, the TV show I'm in is on AMC. "Breaking Bad" I don't know which episode so I guess you will have to watch them all. haha.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thanks, E_B...puff puff...smooth.
Thanks, Whaaa...sip sip...DrPepper is tasty.
Brownies! Thanks, missa. munch munch...goes great with DrPepper.
Hi, dg! I thought maybe Thelma and Louise were on a trip together.

Wow,MrP, what a revelation! That makes you,,,happy!
You know, from my personal observations, half of marriages are unhappy. Of the half left, half are not happy but nor are they unhappy, so they stay married. That leaves a quarter happy.
Since people live longer nowadays, why spend another 20 years being unhappy? You see, also from my observations, the spouse that's left behind was content to remain forever in an unhappy/dysfunctional relationship. You know, it turns out that the spouses I've seen left behind either remained their same clueless self, or got their sh...act together and moved on in a better way.

OK, Whaaa...Breaking Bad is interesting! What's your part?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Desert, I hesitate to actually call it a "part", when you see a greybeard, long haired old hippy in the background, that might be me. My scenes were in a bar. Appropriate no? The other scene I was in, was standing outside an office, hair in a ponytail, Harris tweed sportcoat and wearing a silly African skull cap and sunglasses, Mustache and goatee.

I have just recently started reading/auditioning for speaking parts. Nothing yet but it's only a matter of time. I'm taking lessons from an acting coach, specifically to learn how to "cold read." This movie stuff is
great fun

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
EB....Good luck to your sister.
Desert, Enjoy the brownies, i love to bake.
Whaaa....Sorry your parrot took off, i hate that when pets leave.
Good luck with your auditions, that must be an awsome thrill. Thumbs up to you!
I myself want to get a book published, but i suppose I would have to finish one, before i can have it published. I thought with my creativity that writing a book would be simple, and the concept is.....except when you have to "beef-up" the story. Detail....detail....detail.
I would post some here, but it's not a short story, it's a book. With Chapters, ya know? LOL i don't see a thread here for chapter books.
How is everyone today?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Cool, missa, that you want to share your writing creativity with others. Do you have time to join a local writers' group?

Whaaa...LN is going to roll out the red carpet just for you and give you an Oscar. Maybe E_B can make a special statuette just for you.
This acting coach for "cold reading", is it to prevent from sounding nasal? Is there a coach for "hangover reading"? And what happens if you really do break a leg? I dunno, Whaaa, this acting stuff is starting to sound kinda difficult.

After this weekend, well, it's kind of embarrassing to share this, but, what the heck, we've shared many intimacies before, so here it is...MrD might have to see a doctor for ED.
You see, when you're 20 you can have sex, eat a huge meal, or sit on the sofa for two hours and watch a movie, then immediately afterward hop on your dirtbike and ride like the wind.
Well, after doing those things this weekend, MrD found that he just couldn't make himself jump on the quad for a spin. He whispered to me, that he might be suffering from Enthusiasm Dysfunction.
The cure...ATVagra. It lasts up to 36 hours, so if friends drop by to sit around the campfire and share a beer, he'll be ready to ride when they leave. There is only one warning that we know of--if you find yourself taking a 4 hour ride, go immediately to a gas station to refill your tank.
ATVagra...he'll be ready to ride when the moment is right!

Jeeves, a coffee liquor to go with those brownies, please.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
No Liquor for me thanks. Rootbeer here.
Desert, there isn't a local writers group around here that i know of. That is a good idea. I thought about joining a book club, but i don't like the idea of having someone pick my books for me.
Whaaa hows thoughs auditions going?
Coffee sounds good.
Yuuuummmmmmyyyyyyy! Coffeeeeeeeee.
It's late here....off to bed soon.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
dg.....I will be back in Massachusetts next week. I have training at our Boston office for two days.....

I'm getting a bit sick of all this traveling. And like usual, I will have no time to enjoy the city....

:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join