It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
E_B, when you get to Boston; go eat at the Star of Siam and have their "Shrimp in Love" ummmmm. It's just across the street from Legal Seafood. I love Boston! When I used to go to Boston on business; I always stayed an extra day, bought a cheap guitar and Busked in the T stations. Great acoustics, great people!!! Especially that dental hygienist with the big.....

I'll tell you about it when you get back.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A lot of good performers play all over the city and in Cambridge. Especially in the subways. I never heard of that place and will probably not have a chance to go. But, next time I am in the city on pleasure, I will have to check it out!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
EB I am sorry that you don't have the time to see the sights in Boston.
I personally haven't been there, but it sux to go on a trip and not see the sights.
How are your auditions going Whaaa?

What are everyone's hobbies?
Sorry trying to make conversation.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I usually can't find fault with the buffet here, but Saturday's breakfast buffet was more like the expanded breakfast bar at the motel down the street. Don't suppose our newly hired chef works at both places now?

The chef also must have gotten an idea from Whaaa's seafood description and had created for Friday's Lenten Seafood buffet, Squid in Love. The tentacles were all entangled. Not very appetizing.

Well, hello, missa
Considering the deterioration of our buffet, I'm glad you have brownies to share. Hey, I heard years ago, that by five cups of coffee, one is a clinical neurotic. OK, I'm on cup #4...

That is so neat that E_B and Whaaa travel, even if it's for business. Although, yeah, that is not always the best when it's for business, not being able to catch the local flavor.
dg sure lives in a beautiful area.
You know, I gotta confess I'm a California native and am spoiled. I have not the stamina or wherewithal to live anywhere else. There's so much great beauty in America, but the weather here keeps me here. I guess my dream would be to live three months in various places in America, following good weather. Hmmmm, I feel a retirement dream coming on...

You know, I also admire people who still fly to travel. After 9-11, I haven't flown once, even though I used to. Damn it, I'm getting too old to have to take my shoes off, stand in line for three hours like some of my relatives do, or experience deteriorating service and other stuff. Bah...

Hmmm...hobbies...I read. Non fiction, or good historical fiction. I used to sew and cook. I wasn't kidding about the soy flour birthday cakes for my sons. Diet for a Small Planet...Whole Earth Cook Book from 1972 Santa Cruz...even used to make soap from my pigs' fat....oh, oh, I'm rambling like an old fart...better

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Rambling farts are bad enough, but old ones?

What is an old fart anyway? Is it one that is stuck in a cushion? You know, that is why I don't like buying used cars. You're just buying someone's or a whole family's old farts. The seats are full of them!

edit to add: my hobbies are painting, writing, reading, learning, collecting sneakers and other vintage running apparel, music from the 1980s, mountain biking, hiking, being a wise ass.....

[edit on 23-2-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I use to travel alot with my aunt when I was younger.
The last place I went was Florida like.....3-4 years ago. God I am getting old.
Everyone is getting old these days quicker. I am only going to be 25 this year, but.....My eldest daughter just turned 6 Wednesday. I can feel the gray hair forming......
to me for getting older. And the Same to my daughter.
I like to write, read, go hiking, swim, bike, rollerblade. I collect books and glass dolls. (I can't spell porclin.........see?) I am into the paranormal too.
Desert dear, I can make much more than that. If you need anything, just holler! I love to cook, and bake.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Dammit, E_B, after your comment, I had to go out and spray a gallon of Febreze on the truck that MrD and I bought used!
Did you get my old pair of running shoes I U2Ued you? They really meant a lot to me, as I wore them running and thinking about whether or not I should get a divorce. And I wore them every night for three miles after I left my marriage. Man, those were my personal best back then! Can't help you out on the running apparel, as I like to run naked

missa, how about apple pie? So your daughter is 6...might as well buy a wig now for all the grey you're going to get...sigh...Hey, here's a story about Florida and getting old...
My parents were in their 50's when they went to Florida to visit relatives. One Sunday in church, the pastor welcomed the young couple visiting that day. My parents turned around looking for the young couple, until they discovered that THEY were the young couple.

Hey, I know...let's have a rummage sale here at Lounge Noir! Heck, give the stuff away. Ok, everybody look around their house and storage units for things to bring.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Anybody seen Jen lately?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Rumage sale huh?
I am game. I have tons of sh** to toss in.
Yes I can make apple pie....I can make anything with a recipe.
No....I haven't seen Jen....
Who's Jen?
LOL Sorry still kinda new here.
Damn these f**ken hicc-ups...... Driving me crazy.........

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hi, enjoies! Hi, missa! Nope, haven't heard from or seen Jen, either. Maybe she'll have a good story to tell when next we see her.

Ok, here's some stuff for the garage sale. Hey, Mrp, does Lounge Noir have a garage?...Ok, here's a lovely silk down comforter. Only used once as I...someone...cut out newspaper articles on the bed. See, here's where I cut out the article about the giant tumbleweed. See, it's not a big hole...not much to write about a giant tumbleweed.

Next...some lovely silver spoons bent by Uri Geller...oh, all right, all right...yes, they got stuck in the disposal....jeez, you people are picky...ok, I'll be back with more stuff later...

Oh, missa, hold your breath and take ten gulps of water...usually works for my hiccups. Jen? Look back at page 43...oh...uh...uhm...dg has her blinds open...oh, my...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

I have dubbed "where the camel dung falls"...to be the garage. Everybody grab a shovel....we need to clean up for the sale.

desert, you really should regulate that critter's diet...have you seen what comes out of it?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Look, MrP, I got some people from another thread to clean up the garage! I promised them free drinks and stale popcorn at LN.
Hey, this camel doot bounces! ...So that's where the LN handballs went...You're right, MrP, I better watch what Chewbaca eats.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Just wanted to stop in and apologize for being absent lately! So many here on BTS and I have been checking in just a bit also chat, but wanted anyone that read this to know I REALLY LOVE SO MANY OF YOU HERE!

Ill be back! xo j.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hey antar

I really liked your short story you entered in the contest.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hi, antar. ...hug...hug...Thanks for helping to clean out the garage. enjoies, could you pass antar the stale popcorn, please. What's everybody drinking tonight?

What's this?... Hey, who's donating the Best of ATS Bigfoot Pictures poster to the rummage sale? Cool.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well thats just great...you donated my porky pig tshirt, to the rummage sale. Alright desert, gimmie your shirt, it't only fair. You don't have any ingibitions any way, right?

Wait a minute....let's combine our rummage sale with an "art happening"
I still have a half gallon of purple acrylic. Desert your first. Then you can paint me ok? Jen can I paint you? pleeezze!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sorry, Whaaa, but your half gallon of paint is over on that table. I slapped a sticker on it for $1.50. On that table over there is a pint of my inhibitions; that's all I could afford to give away right now. 50 cents ought to sell it. But I like your idea of an art happening. Must work on that one...

Breakfast buffet is about to open. MMMMMMMM pan fried
MMMMMM

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hey, did you know I have a secret room here in the Lounge?

Here I am....

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Oh, MrP, you're just like Walt Disney with his secret room at Disneyland

Here's another garage sale item dug up from my hallway closet. Anyone want to turn bottles into into glasses with this bottle cutter kit? Hmmm...maybe if I find the engraver, you can make a swell set of monogrammed tumblers.

Ooh ooh we can make more money to pay off our tabs here by cutting up all those empty liquor bottles into fabulous treasures!

Yo ho yo ho a bottle of rum for me...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hello my wonderful friends!! I've been away on some-what of an adventure, and I missed you all terribly. It's so good to be back, and I promise I won't go away like that again without fair warning.

I missed the rummage sale too? Dog gone it! I had a bunch of stuff that I would have loved to add to that sale. Oh well, if this becomes an annual thing, there's always next year right?

Whaaa...you want to paint me? Oh that makes me feel special
I have an idea, why don't you slap a bunch of paint on the both of us, and we'll roll around on a big canvas like Farrah did.

I feel like having some Port this evening, anybody care to join me?

Enjoies....I missed you, I see you've been trying to find me

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join