It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Eyes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have researched fruitlessly for the name of and cause of multiple colored eyes..
and No I am not talking about one eye brown and the other one blue like heterochromia but to have multiple colors in the individual eyes.
I have seen this rarely in a few others but my optometrist insists that he has never seen eyes like mine before. My eyes are 4 colors.
Brown on the inside then yellow then hazel then a dark grey.
Both of them have the same coloring although the pattern variation is different in each... and no matter how much I search I cannot find a name for this.

I have asked biologists how this is possible only to be told that they don't know.

Are there any ATSers out there with similar eyes or that know how this happens?

Or am I just an oddball?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yep that proves it, you are the girl with Kaleidescope eyes the Beatles once sang about.

And the Chorus Went....

Lucy in Sky with Diamonds

-ADHD

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
While I have plain ole brown eyes, your description has intrigued me. Post some pics of your eyeball holmes...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's still called heterochromia I believe.

That term covers people with two different colored eyes, as well as people with multiple colors represented in a single eye (I think).

Some people have a fade, like you described, while others have the more striking bisected iris, white on one side and brown or black on the other. Some folks, like me, have one blue and one green.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
While I have plain ole brown eyes, your description has intrigued me. Post some pics of your eyeball holmes...
I will try. I used to have a good digital camera that set me back $900 but alas it died and now I only have some cheap crappy web cam wannabe that is horrible quality not sure how clear the pic would be especially trying to take a closeup like that...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
It's still called heterochromia I believe.

From what I have found that only applies to different colored eyes in the same person. as in your case.. I googled the term and all images where of that nature.. none like mine at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
well be thankful your eyes dont change colour. Mine are a different colour for different moods and times of the year... summer my eyes are a nice light blue with bits of grey, and if i get annoyed they actually go a light green. During the winter they go dark grey / blue and if i get smeggy they go dark gree. I have no idea why the heck they do this either - But to have different colours in one eye all the time..awsome.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
NephraTari and MadGreebo that's so cool that you have eyes different colors and that can change colors. That's awsome; I wish mine were like that. Mine look brown from a distance but closer up they're pure brown around the irises then the rest is light brown/green. Rather common looking. I like rare features

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well wadda ya know. I finally have a picture of them.
For those that were curious this is what they look like.

brown, yellow.. some sort of green then what dark grey?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I clearly see 3 of the color shifts.
Well, I can see why there's not a lot on them, hun. Your eyes are very striking, but the way colors change is typical, and can be noted in anyone's eye. The center brown part is the part that gets taken over by your pupils. The middle section is the rest, and the outer ring is transitional to the whites of the eye. Mine are 3 diffrent colors. Red Brown in the center, Green brown in the middle, and murky brown to blue on the part connected to the whites. Any other color would be the transitions between the main colors.

In all actuality, each little segment (think like pixels) is a diffrent color, and I doubt any match up on anyone. A girlfriend's daughter has a set of eyes that remind me of stonewashed bluejeans. Beautiful.

Anyway: more reason for this layout:

[Rods] are located heavily around the outer edges of the retina. ... [Cones] They are located more toward the center of the retina.
Here
Basically, your Cones are light brown, and your rods are a greyish blue. Interesting, no?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have the same thing, different shades. The outer rings of my irises are blue, then the main ring is a light green, then the inner ring is a golden yellow color. The total effect is that my eyes appear to be blue-green.

I think it is unsual, but normal. My vision is fine. It is odd though. My dad has blue grey eyes. My mom has very bright peridot green eyes.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

"Heterochromia (also known as a heterochromia iridis or heterochromia iridium) is an ocular condition in which one iris is a different color from the other iris (complete heterochromia), or where the part of one iris is a different color from the remainder (partial heterochromia or sectoral heterochromia). It is a result of the relative excess or lack of pigment within an iris or part of an iris, which may be inherited or acquired by disease or injury. This uncommon condition usually results due to uneven melanin content. A number of causes are responsible, including genetics such as chimerism and Waardenburg syndrome. Trauma and certain medications, such as latanoprost can also cause increased or decreased pigmentation in one eye. On occasion the condition of having two different colored eyes is caused by blood staining the iris after sustaining injury."

Source

I was born with ths anomaly and up until I seen lil Madeleine McCann with it, I never thought it ment anything. Now I am noticing more and more people with this trait:

This is a list of notable people who have been documented as having heterochromia.

Alexander the Great [1] [2]
Anastasius I of the Byzantine Empire [3][2]
Dan Aykroyd [4]
Kate Bosworth [5] [4]
David Bowie[6] [7]
Louis Émile Javal[8]
Tim McIlrath[9]
Max Scherzer [10][11]
Jane Seymour [4]
Christopher Walken[12]

Source

Here is a picture of my Sectoral Heterochromia.

So my question is what is the significance if any to this infliction?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hi. To answer your question ?why are my eyes 2 different colors in 2 parts? you need to know that the iris is a unique muscle because it is derived from neural ectoderm, not mesenchyme, like most muscles. Pigmentation starts around 10 gestational weeks, and continues to 6 months post birth, although some people have eye color change up to 7 years. Pigmentation in nueral ectoderm isn't as uniform as pigmentation in mesenchyme.

The border where the color changes is called the collarette. It just means that the melanocytes in that area were either more densely packed, or that they continued to pigment themselves after the others stopped. No worries- your condition is congenital and should be considered benign. Remember eye color is not controlled through Mendelian genetics, so we dont know how alot of coloration happenes.

Our eyes look almost the same- might are less green and slightly more blue though.

I left my Wills Eye Manual (diagnostic books for Eye disease) at the clinic. Although I'm positive it will have nothing about this, I'll look Monday and report back if you want.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
well be thankful your eyes dont change colour. Mine are a different colour for different moods and times of the year... summer my eyes are a nice light blue with bits of grey, and if i get annoyed they actually go a light green. During the winter they go dark grey / blue and if i get smeggy they go dark gree. I have no idea why the heck they do this either -

Mine do the same thing. Usually they're green, but they also like to turn hazel and grey, sometimes even blue. Its really strange.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I've had a similar condition all my life - mine change colour depending on the light and various other little factors. Mostly my eyes are blue, but they go blue-grey, grey or a strange brown-blue. My optician thinks its because I was born prematurely and therefore have some abnormality in the pigment.

I also have to wear sunglasses outside all the time, even in the afternoon or raining, or whatever, but that's for a totally different matter (Ok, Ok its because my eye's don't dilate from painkillers I need to take, so I could go blind if I don't wear sunglasses).

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saturn

Originally posted by MadGreebo
well be thankful your eyes dont change colour. Mine are a different colour for different moods and times of the year... summer my eyes are a nice light blue with bits of grey, and if i get annoyed they actually go a light green. During the winter they go dark grey / blue and if i get smeggy they go dark gree. I have no idea why the heck they do this either -

Mine do the same thing. Usually they're green, but they also like to turn hazel and grey, sometimes even blue. Its really strange.
They do that too.
My twins have the same type of eyes I do.. but it is definately not apparent in everyone the color is more even in my other childrens eyes. My daughters blue eyes are always blue, and the others brown eyes are always brown.. just the twins have the blended colors that change hue from time to time. One day my sons eyes look green the next brown and even sometimes blue. very odd.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

My eyes are colored like yours, and all of my children as well.

I did not notice anyone mentioning this, but mine seem to change depending on the mood I am in, or if I do not feel well.

They appear more green if I am in a bad mood, more blue if I am in a happy mood, and brown if I don't feel well. Even when one particular color is more prominent, you can still see the different shades of color if you look close enough.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

yeah i have the same exact colors as you described! hooly crap that weird

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well I am not so sure if mine are unusual. I have eyes that change color. I am not going to say they are cats eyes like most people spout about or change color with my outfits. I don't really know if my eyes change color with my mood because I am never really preoccupied with looking at myself in the mirror a whole lot.

My eyes change color sometimes. They are mostly gray which my dad told me is normally what they look like. He says everyone in his family have their eye color change from time to time, but of course this is not what you asked but they do have those odd color shifts you are talking about.

Once I was in the car we were back driving from somewhere going home, I don't remember everything but the story about where we were shouldn't matter, my dad had stopped by the store to get something to drink or something and I stayed in the car. I looked at the mirror and saw my eyes had changed into a deep blue with silver/grayish streaks in them, and no I don't mean horizontal or vertical stripes. They had no pattern to them at all. I thought it was just the light so I pulled down the mirror on the passenger side and looked in it and they were the same. I looked in all different sides so it couldn't have been the lighting. I even went home and they were the same, but they changed later that night.

But as most people do I shook it off because it had nothing to do with my life.

They still change color, but they stay a blue-gray usually. Sometimes I get told they are green and then blue. They have never turned brown so I once again thought it was the light or something.

I don't know if this matters, but once in a video they were bright blue, no red eye like normally. Just a bright blue showed, but the camera wasn't that close to tell if there was a pupil.

Also I like to invert my pictures a lot and the eyes always come out different. Why is that? I have one picture where its just a blue outside and a white pupil, though it is on my camera. I can show you an inverted picture of me that is where my eyes are white, but the edges are golden which I found really cool but also again I ignored it until I saw this thread. I could post it if you want me to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join