It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Eyes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Oh by the way, one of my best friends, Cassie, has the same color eye as you, but none of her family does. I always found her eyes intriguing, but I swore when we first met when I was in middle school her eyes were golden or at least a yellow color, but as years grew by I noticed her eyes changed to that.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
wow, very beautiful eyes nephra.
you should be proud of those. i've never seen your coloring before. my best friend had (rest in peace) one blue and one green eye. i always thought it was from doing too much snorting-drugs that changed his eye colors. (like david bowie)

nice trait to have. great coloring!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Thank you. Incidently just saw my optometrist recently.. I am one of his favorite patients, he calls me the woman with the eyes.

Anyway something new and weird.. when he did the exam he told me that my eyes have gotten better since my last exam. He had to decrease both eyes by 2 strengths for my contacts.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Huh, I guess I figured these "strange eyes" were fairly normal. Had 'em all my life.
My sister has blue-grey eyes with some yellow around the pupil, my mom has eyes similar to mine but more brown, and mine are dark green around the edge, then olive green, then streaks of yellow radiating from the pupil.
Everyone's always said I had pretty eyes, but I never thought of them as strange.

Here's a link because I think the photo is too big to post inline.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

It does seem hereditary however no one in my family before me had them, however my twin sons have them in different shades now. their eye color has changed many times and seems to still be changing even though they are 8 years old now. This seems to be a newer trend in biology.. most biologists and optomitrists that I have spoken too say that it is rare and some have never seen them before.

You wouldn't be prone to psychic gifts or paranormal things would you?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
It does seem hereditary however no one in my family before me had them, however my twin sons have them in different shades now. their eye color has changed many times and seems to still be changing even though they are 8 years old now. This seems to be a newer trend in biology.. most biologists and optomitrists that I have spoken too say that it is rare and some have never seen them before.

You wouldn't be prone to psychic gifts or paranormal things would you?

Thinking back, it seems like the ladies on my mom's side of the family whose eyes I've seen all have the ocular kaleidoscope going on. My mom has the same color eyes as her mom (like mine but more brown), my mom's sister has the same color eyes as my sister...sounds fairly hereditary in my clan, I guess, just different variations on colors. All of us have the yellow streaks around our pupils.

I don't know about the psychic stuff, really. My grandma and my mom say they "know" there are ghosts in their respective houses but I've never seen 'em. About the closest thing I can think of to psychic/paranormal in my case is that I can tell when certain people I'm close to, I can tell when they're thinking about me or if they need me. Dunno how to explain it. For example, I'll get a certain gut feeling about one of the people in my close circle and call them, and every time they'll say something like "I was JUST thinking about you!" or they'll say they were just picking up the phone to call me because something was wrong. I figure that's just knowing my friends (and my mom!) real well.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wow, when I saw your eye color, I thought someone else with my eye color! I have the same color pattern, and when I cry my eyes turn really bright green. I used to have darker brown eyes as a kid, brown/hazel. Here is a picture of my eyes, excuse the messy eyebrows (overdue for a pluck). Also wanted to add, I am not psychic but have had psychic type occurrences in my life.

It is strange how the inner part is browner, and then the outline seems grey! My youngest inherited my eyes, it is the only thing he got from me(carbon copy of his dad otherwise!) Not to toot my own horn, but I have always thought my eyes were one of nicer features.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Yep they are gorgeous. Ever get people who just can't stop staring at your eyes when you meet them? Incidently my twins are my youngest too. hmm.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

sounds like you have it and don't recognize it.

alot of people don't pay attention to their intuition, once you do you can learn to focus it better with meditation etc... only my life is way too chaotic to get much time for meditation.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

My eyes are not nearly as striking as yours, NephraTari, but show the same pattern from yellowy-brown near the pupil to blue or gray-blue at the edges. My dad's are the same, but my mom and sister both have solid blue irises.

I'm not psychic per se, but I am empathic and very sensitive to physical and emotional nuances in people around me, and obviously I'm interested in paranormal topics

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Yes it doesn't seem to be a dominant trait, but it does pass down to some. My other children have solid eye colors. I am not sure if paranormal is related at all but I am just looking for possible common characteristics between those of us who have these odd multi colored eyes. Its not common and yet a large concentration of us here have them.. there has to be something to that.. well maybe.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Thank you! I really don't notice if people stare at my eyes, because I have a weird thing about looking people in the eyes. I dont know why, but I am backwards like that, I am not good about making eye contact. I am working on this weird habit of mine though. I used to be really shy as a little kid, maybe its a hangover from childhood. Interesting thread!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Me too! I have gotten over it mostly. Still very quiet though. I usually have to repeat myself many times. *sigh*
I learned to look into people's eyes because you can read so much about them by doing this.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by longnguyen611

I think it is rather interesting so many ATSers have this in common. What was your draw to ATS?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have blue eyes with what looks like rusty flecks in the area of blue and a darker blue ring around the edge.
Is this what you are on about?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by _Volt_

Not quite have a look at the pictures posted in the thread. Most have about 4 colors in their eyes.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by _Volt_

Not quite have a look at the pictures posted in the thread. Most have about 4 colors in their eyes.

Okay, blue base with white lines kinda like those Cremosa sweets, with rusty flecks and dark blue ring around the edge that is what my eyes look like. Unfortunatly I don't have a digital camera or software to do a close-up photo of my eyes.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by _Volt_

aww maybe you can get someone else to take a pic and help upload it for you? Would love to see that.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm not all that comfortable posting this but I fall into this category so in the interest of science:

I have relatives with light and dark blues but not as contrasted.. their eye colours are more blended.

Great subject btw.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by riley]

Pic deleted per member request

[edit on 24/9/08 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Can't post a pic, but yes, my eyes are different colours and they also change colour which freaks people out a bit.

When I say change colour, the predominant colour can be blue, green or grey.

One person even reported them as hazel

It gets kind of annoying when people start staring, but I suppose they are doing it for the right reasons

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join