It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Im really enjoying this. Myself and Kenshiro are rolling through ours, waiting on his second reply now.

Good luck to everyone!

Chissler - it's fun watching your debate, you two are great debators and its fun to watch two worthy opponents battle it out... Keep up the great work - to both of you!

-Ry

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeah the argument I am trying to make is certainly not an easy one. Appreciate your comments, as I am sure Ken does as well.

I hope they have these more often.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
rdube02,
Thanks your comments are appreciated!
I have also been watching your debate with interest along with all of the others.
And Chissler, I have to agree with you, you have a difficult position to defend but so far you have bee doing so admirably!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
im very disappointed my guys still hasnt shown up, we apparently skipped his opening and i just finished ym first paragraph. its kind of hard to debate when theres no one to debate with...

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Chissler, when an individual debate is finished, I u2u the judges, and then we wait for a decision. That could take a little while, but once I get the results, they'll go into that debate's thread, even if others are still debating and not finished.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Great Nygdan!

Thank you

Good luck to everyone as some of us wind down this opening round, Ken I will try to have my reply posted soon. Still at work so not much of a chance to really get everything together to make my next post. Try to have it soon though. My lunch is in about an hour, if its not done by then it will not be until later tonight.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's just come to my attention that lucasman is not able to continue because of more important concerns.

I'd just like to take a moment to publically thank him for the challenge. I played hardball with him, but he certainly did earn my respect.

I was not expecting to be even remotely threatened by a new member in round 1, but he made it clear to me early on that if I didn't hit him with both barrels he could pull off an upset.

I shudder to think how close he could have made it if circumstances had permitted him to devote his full energy here.

In so many words, good luck to our fellow fighter. I look forward to seeing him again on better days.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'm disappointed Frosty hasn't taken advantage of my foreited post.....we are the only debate yet to even start.......

I've been sitting here with an icthy trigger finger, ready to copy and paste......

lucasman.....I am sorry to hear of your real world issues. Your fight was well worth the read....

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
My debate seems to have ground to a halt, Apothecary has not replied! To be honest I would rather he replied than having to miss a section... I would rather win fare and square...

The rest of the debates are very interesting, some big guns out there!

Dan

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Our current debate is not far from the judges. I had a great time in the debate and hopefully the others will pick up.

At the moment it seems like some may be forfeited.

Any thoughts on how everything would proceed from there?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am itching to carry on, but apothecary has not replied, and Nygdan hasnt told us what the score is, whether i can carry on or not!
Ah what the hey, its all the fun of the fair!

I will just have to put some Pink Floyd on LOUD...

Glad to see that other people are getting on well with their debates!

Dan

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
dan very nice avatar.

I'll make em an offer he can't refuse!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
my debate too has come to a halt...its been 30+ hrs since the last post

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, I have finally posted my closing argument in my debate with Chissler. Our debate has come to a close. I have to admit that even with such a difficult position with which he had to defend, he did a very good job!

Now it is up to the judges

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am getting a bit frustrated...

I would like to know what is going on in my debate...

Can anyone help, I have u2u'd nygdan, though i have had no reply...
I dont wish to be annoying and i know that people have lives outside of ATS... but I want to get on! I am thirsty to feel the cut and thrust of well versed debate!

Dan

Sorry I am a bit grumpy today!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The rule says if 24 hours without he/she making the post, then they forfeit it. I would say if this has passed, then step up with your post.

With no offense intended for any competitor, I am really glad I faced up with ken in the first round. Great competitor, true sportsman and the posts were made normally within a few hours of each other.

We are off to the judges and my hats off to him. Hopefully I made it close with the defense I had to make.

Good luck to everybody!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I find it quite embarrassing that my debate has yet to begin...just got home from and was ready to post.....but neither Frosty or Nygdan have indicated that I could....my apologies to the other debators...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i am EXTREMELY disappointed to win by forfiet. i really wanted to debate, not win by forfiet....

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Man, I can't believe the attrition rate here, especially after we were warned in advance. I totally sympathize with my opponent's reasons and I respect that he had the courtesy to inform us, but I have a hard time believing that 3 or 4 people had the same kind of thing happen all at once, and most of them didn't see fit to inform us.

Let's keep round 2 competitive gents
. Whoever gets the pennant ought to know he fought for it.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well, my debate with rdube is ova, awww yeahhh. Good luck/ job to all debaters. Up to the mods now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join