It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Oh yeah, we've gotten some results for yers.

I'll tell ya, the two of you are neck and neck right now!

Shouldn't be too long before we get a complete decision.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the update.

I'll keep checking back.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
k..i just posted another response...but next one will be my closing statement

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Vagabond, that image looks great. If no one is opposed, we will keep that as the schedule for the debate too. I've been on a borrowed computer for a while now, without any decent image editing capabilities, but perhaps I will be up and running again on a full one before long and we can make that into the official debate bracket.

If anyone has a problem with that bracket I do hope they speak up. I want to make it as clear as possible that it's done by the order we signed up in, and follows the pattern established by the first round- I'd hate to have anyone think there was funny business (not likely since that bracket puts me up against Mem in round 2).

I'll keep updating it, complete with new avatars, as the tournament progresses. The next update will be when all results are in for round 1. Anyone who doesn't have an Av, I really encourage you to fire off a U2U to someone and get one.

So guys, who's going to win the championship here?

I'm not offering any comparative analysis, even though I'm dying to. Wouldn't want anybody taking it to heart and finding a way to defend themselves against me.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
This brief time span will give the rest of you who haven't had full debates or met with any competition to prepare yourselves, because you will be facing some tough opponents in Round 2.

So guys, who's going to win the championship here?

*Cough*

*Ahem*.....

Excuse Me.....I think I'm coming down with a cold....

I for one know that my opponent in the second round will be tough...I've already lost to him....but I think I'll be ready. I'm just waiting for the go ahead....

For the record.....if anyone is interested....my whole strategy for my first round was a bounce back between the domestic economy in Australia..(geo-politics can be selfish) and Australia's involvement in global positionings as an ally in recent current events....the latter of which would have made involvement in the Indio- Pacific a neglected given.....

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Vagabond, great job on the bracket! Looks like you put a lot of hard work into it!! Kuddos.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Whether I am involved or not in the second round, I can not wait to see what everyone comes up with. Some real hot topics and members with tremendous talent.

Second round should not be far off with Confed's debate finishing up and myself and ken can not be far away from the results.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hey - where did you guys go for those cool signature "participant" images anyway? Gotta get me one of those...

Great job with the debates by the way - looking forward to what the second round brings. Truttseeker & I are waiting on our results as well. I don't mind if it takes a while, it's a good break and allows for a little mind rest...

-Ry

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Check out that link and you can see them there. Compliments of DeusEx and the hardwork of JAK.

to our council as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Check out that link and you can see them there. Compliments of DeusEx and the hardwork of JAK.

to our council as well.

Awesome, thanks.

I've had a good rest over the weekend. Now I'm looking forward to showing the "old" timers that ATS isn't the only place one can gain debate experience. I believe one or two of the old-boys have gotten a little too big for their britches.

float like a butterfly, sting like a bee....

-Ry

[edit on 3-4-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

I've had a good rest over the weekend. Now I'm looking forward to showing the "old" timers that ATS isn't the only place one can gain debate experience. I believe one or two of the old-boys have gotten a little too big for their britches.

-Ry

Well said.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02
I believe one or two of the old-boys have gotten a little too big for their britches.

It's anyone's tournament in any given round, but I've still got enough room in these britches to carry one big can of insect repellant.
Some things you can't learn on ATS. Some things you can't learn in school. Some things you can't learn at all, and that's where intuition saves your skin.

Edit to add: I'm flattered that you've taken my lead in posting your own word counts. It's a wise precaution to take.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Edit to add: I'm flattered that you've taken my lead in posting your own word counts. It's a wise precaution to take.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by The Vagabond]

I'm flattered that you took the time to read my posts to notice.

See you in the ring.

-Ry

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i sense this will be a tuff round

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yeah I expect the quality of each debate to come up in the second round. The tough are going to become tougher. Im curious to know what the topics will be. The first round topics were very strong, and its good to see members become passionate of the argument they are making.

Looking to see this trend continue.

Confed is your debate off to the results?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i dont know...nygdan is still havin me post...(or forfieting the other guys) but its like 2statements vs my 4 or 5 i dunno either way...if he forfiets again its my closing statement...but either way im arguing against myself right now

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I want to thank everyone for your participation!

I've been keeping up on all the debates and appreciate the effort and thought each of you has put into this competition!

I'm also learning a thing or two as well! This is one of the reasons I love ATS!!!

Always,
Shawnna

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I went ahead and made a few variants of what the brackets could look like when it's all said and done. Round 3 looks like it might be the big story in this tournament. If it ends up as close as I expect it to, round 4 will just be icing on the cake (but very rich icing).

I can't even tell you guys how anxious I am to see how this tournament pans out. I don't suspect there will be a lot of sleeping going on around here when those matches come.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well, I for one am anxious to get this show on the road. Let's get it on!

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The only spot left to be determined was the first one to finish.

Its me or ken.

Lets go judges!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join