It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's tough being second. I find myself continuously making time to get to a computer and see if lucasman has posted yet. I can see he's online though, so hopefully I'll be able to print out his statement and prepare my response while ignoring class soon (as opposed to doing a crossword puzzle while ignoring class).

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yeah deffinately be frustrating having to wait still

I am on lunch in 2.5 hours so I'll be home to post my opening. This debate should be very interesting and entertaining.

I can not wait to see what we have to say about these topics.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
good luck everyone....actually im a little confused on my topic...im not quite sure what it wants

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I read it about 20 minutes ago, and from what I can remember it was in 3 years will USA have troops in Iran, or have been in Iran.

So with all the news going around with the Iranians, its looking like Iran is about to become the next Iraq. The debate is for where will this be in 3 years.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The topics aren't confusing I don't think. But, definetly need to be re-worded. My topic for instance is easy, but re-wording it would be nice.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
wow MASS POINTS AWARDED! i went from 50 pnts and getting like 1 or 2 pnts a pst to 250 damn i wanna stay in as long as possible

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
WAHOO got my white bg color...spent 250 on it! got 50 left...i love this debate!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Out of curiousity, what exactly are the rules of etiquite for commenting on ongoing debates. I'd love to make a few observations as things progress, but I don't want to be seen as stepping on anyone's toes.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I guess depending on the comments. My rule of thumb would probably be to hold off until the closing statements are done. At that point feel free to fire away.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Has memoryshock missed his 24 hour window on the opening post?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I hope not. that's definately not like him. Has anybody sent a U2U?
He may have somehow SNAFUed or he might have run into that access denied glitch (though I doubt it since he was already a fighter)

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Have to wait and see I guess.

This is slow moving, I find myself checking regularly hoping to read something new.

* chissler hums the jeopardy theme song

Somebody needs to show up and get this going

[edit on 28-3-2006 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We're flying through ours. Lucasman has been good about firing one right back at me. I normally like to keep things moving fast. I figure that moving it along favors the quicker thinker, and I'd like to think I'm pretty quick.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Seems like 24 hours has passed on more than one debate, without seeing a response.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I did miss the 24 hour deadline......my laptop died on me ...(won't connect for some reason and I spent too much time on it).......I was able to borrow a computer..(my pals rock)...and now I'm on an old Mac.......the timing for this has been chafing my brain for almost two days.....at any rate....this has been more or less my first stop since getting off of work and hooking this beast up.....I'll have an opening in a couple of hours but will wait for confirmation on whether or not it will be allowed.....As much as I dislike a forfeited post, I'm really just hoping I don't forfeit the debate......I like my topic!!

I haven't even read theb other debate topics....can't wait to see the progress......

MemoryShock

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Scratch that.....I'll have a first arguement ready in a couple of hours....save any addendums/recognition of Frosty's opening......I just recieved a u2u from Nygdan.....

I apologize for my failure to post, but I assure you that it was due to circumstances, rather then my spacing it.....

You're up Frosty!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Im really enjoying this. Myself and Kenshiro are rolling through ours, waiting on his second reply now.

Good luck to everyone!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
same here with mine, it seems to be rolling too..so im just waiting on his 2nd response

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
yeah mine seems to be rolling quite nice...im just waiting for his 2nd response...these some good topics...though i do admit mine and his argument is really boarderlined in the middle..not really much pro and con

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
NYGDAN.....

Question time

If myself and Ken finish our debate before the rest, do we recieve the results then, or do we not hear anything until all competitors have finished the first round.

Thank you,

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join