It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
just guide me to where it is, because i have no idea. also i should probably do the collab writting since thats what i was planning to major in for a while. all i need help with is the grammar part such as sentence structure and such.

but where is the research forum? im lost
lol

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think I was mistakenly projecting my own feelings onto Nygdan... I am the one who may be about to snap I think. I've got this nice shiney grenade all ready to throw at my opponent, and he won't pop up so I can chuck it at him.
I'm anxious to finish round 2 and keep moving. We'll probably have a judgement on one of this rounds debates soon, and I'll be sitting here glaring at my next opponent before I've even made sure that I'm the one advancing.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ok, lets get those debates back on track! Apologies, I was incommunicado for a few days there. We definitly don't need to cancel the tourny though, the people that missed the original deadline, missed it, so now we have notices back up to continue on.

We'll just say we were all abducted by aliens for a few days, and now we're back with a strange anomalous time gap...

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i cant post until ken posts, i really dont have anything left to show in my arguement, rather just defend my point.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
and zenlover, help me out i dont know where to go for the research thing....im confused

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
ALIENS?! I'm jealous! I wanted to go!!!!!
As far as the debate being cancelled, Vag, is just subconsciously wishing for that to happen in the slight chance he may have to face me in the next round.

Grim...on the abovetopsecret page scroll about half way down and you'll see the research forum. That's the best way I know to tell you to get there.

CONFED....i'm disappointed, but hoping you are okay!
You did a good job on the debate, btw.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Welcome back. Hope the Aliens were gentlemen. That whole probing thing really makes me wonder about the moral fiber of aliens- and I'm not even speaking religiously, but as someone who respects the barrier between the insides of others and all outside objects.

I can just imagine when the aliens make conduct. Pat Robertson will be telling us that 9/11 happened because the aliens are gay. tisk tisk. televengelists.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
alright zenlover i requested the status, read the rules, couple questions.

what level research thing will it be? another is when will it start? another is who else is helping us? another is are you the TL? ill let you answer those for now.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
As of now it's just me and you! I suppose I would be considered the team leader, but you are welcome to be if you wish. It's going to be a level one research project as we've got the debates and I have a career that I must tend to from time to time. So, it's not going to be very intensive. We'll just do the research on the topic and put together our findings and present them. Pretty basic stuff. Advisor will help us get through the first one as i'm not entirely comfortable with the forum yet. He's a great mod though and we can U2U him any questions as well.

If you want you can U2U me as well and we can discuss it. That way we aren't taking away from the debate thread.

AND, if anyone else wants to jump in and help us we need at least one more member! We'd sure appreciate it!!!! Plus it's a very interesting topic that needs to be addressed and researched for ATS.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
How long do the judges usually take?

I am quite keen to be able to have a rest, but I am on edge waiting for the result!!!!!!
I think this one is way to close to call..

Dan

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have a few responses from your debate BDP and so far, its neck and neck!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Nygdan, not that you care, but i'm very happy to see the pretty girl with a crack down her head gone.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Everybody loves greg graffin!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I have a few responses from your debate BDP and so far, its neck and neck!

That makes me feel so much better...
never mind chewing my nails, my fingers will be bloody, torn stumps soon!

Danb

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is really becoming a drag. Am I beating my opponents into retreat or is somebody just banning my opponents to undermine me?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Everybody loves greg graffin!

Well, I certainly have a great deal of respect for him. Perhaps, his philosophy more than his music though as i've never really heard much of it.

Vagabond, doubtful that you scared Memoryshock off. He probably ran into some problems as did Ken. Now don't get me wrong, you're scary and all, LOL, but just not THAT scary.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
*Looks around bewildered*

It looks like its possible that memoryshock, grimreaper, and kenshiro are bailing out. Haven't heard from any of them in quite some time. If they forefeit and leave the tourny then the BDP v Rdube debate winner won't even have anyone to debate in the next Round.

So we have a few options, we can say that they haven't responded, haven't contacted me, and thus forfeit, now. That'd scrap the torunament, I think. But what we can do is have a MELEE, rearrange the schedule to have the winnder of the BvR debate, zenlover, and Vagabond engage in a single modified debate, where there are three positions to defend, and then have the winner of that take the ATS Debate Pennant.

OR we can wait to hear from some of the three that are awol, wait for a day or two.

What would y'all like to do?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm almost positive Grim hasn't bailed. I think he posted that he would forfeit his next reply if Ken didn't reply. But, he didn't post that in his debate thread. However, I haven't heard from him either and he was supposed to get in touch regarding our research project so it looks like I have to do it all by wee lil' ol' self. Sniff Sniff. Anybody feelin' sorry for me???????

Anyhoo, i'm leaving it up to y'all to decide. I'm not that hard to please, so just give me a time, date and topic and i'll be there..gracefully kicking some butt I might add.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The Melee is a fascinating idea, but the topic would have to be very carefully selected.
We want to be sure that all three sides are having to fight in both directions, and it should probably be a fairly philosophical question to accomodate a three-way, as opposed to a true false debate.

I'm game for that though... even though I think Zenlover on her own would have been enough challenge for one round.

Edit to add: It says Nygdan was the last poster on my debate, but there's no post there. What gibbs?

[edit on 10-4-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
The Melee is a fascinating idea, but the topic would have to be very carefully selected.

Though the winner of our debate hasn't been decided yet, if I do end up winning I'm fine with the melee idea. I'd enjoy facing off against anyone who is currently remaining. I've been lucky enough to have to battle through the last two rounds, so I feel fairly well warmed up and ready to take it to the next level...

-Ry

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join