It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I will have mine up in a few. Need to do a couple of things here at the job site then I will finish composing and post my response.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is getting a bit saucy, I like it!

I must say though I am being stretched intellectually by this debate... Rdube02 is something of a power house....

Though we brits love being the underdog...

Dan

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Right got your reply Rdube02, but I wont be replying till tomorrow, as I have something on, I wish to spare you the long hours refreshing the page to see if I have replied!

Dan

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hey Grim, Got my next post up so it is back in your court.
Hope you like thae direction that I am taking this debate

I still have a couple of aces up my sleeve

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

"I've got you in a logical strangle-hold!" *runs against rope, propells himself off it * "my rhetorical jabs and jives are similar to physical punches, this is thus causing you much psychological pain"

Looks like zenlover's trash talk has scared the bezesus outta confed, he's about to forfeit a response!

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ken its right back in your court, and i think ive squashed the head of your psychological part of the debate. Modern science can do that to faith based initiatives. I guess in the end, research into drugs will crush your arguement.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Actually, you just walked into the spiders web. Check out ID in psychology!
And with your introduction of drugs into the argument......
I was actually waiting for that as well as one other peice of recent news for you to use we shall see if you add it in on the next post

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
well then ill be interested to see how you combat science.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ahhh come on Confed don't let me down! I'm really harmless, you can take me down easy!!!! I'm all talk....really!

Seriously though I understand that you have to do your research, but forfeiting a response at this point is going to hurt you!!! Please get in here and let's finish this fair and square!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
actually ive already checked out all the stuff about ID ego and super ego. unfortunately its not going to help you at all. Im waiting for you to post what i think your going to post, but either way im feeling pretty confident in the evidence provided to prove my case.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well, Confed i'm disappointed, I really thought you'd show. I hope everything is going ok w/you if you read this.

Looking forward to your next response.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Speaking of ID, I am reminded of a little alternate etymolgy game I used to play with a friend. One of the best I ever came up with was this question:
By what twist of fate is it that the term identity, which came before ID, just happen to be "ID entity"?

PS Everyone stop posting and let me and mem catch up. We're used to being the first fighters finished.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I have finished my argument, only Rdube02s reply and then our closing statements...

I just want to say Rdube02, that I have the greatest respect for you, anything that is said on the field of battle should remain there. I realise my post was somewhat confrontational, but I think thats was what was required in this instance, no matter the outcome of this debate, I have enjoyed it thoroughly. You are a more than worthy opponent...

.trash talk. and you smell ./trash talk.

Dan

EDIT: I need to lie down

[edit on 7-4-2006 by bigdanprice]

[edit on 7-4-2006 by bigdanprice]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am away for the weekend, I will have net access, and can post my closing statement, but this is just a quick warning that i may be a little late with it. I shouldnt be, but I want to keep you all informed!

Dan

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
I just want to say Rdube02, that I have the greatest respect for you, anything that is said on the field of battle should remain there. I realise my post was somewhat confrontational, but I think thats was what was required in this instance, no matter the outcome of this debate, I have enjoyed it thoroughly. You are a more than worthy opponent...

You shouldn't feel the need to apologize Dan - although it does display your gentlemanly attributes, and is much appreciated. This is a battle and you're allowed to throw punches - when your opponent is punching away, it wouldn't make sense if you didn't defend yourself with a few jabs of your own.

I'm certainly not holding back and I wouldn't expect any less from you. You are a fantastic debator and I've enjoyed this tremendously. As I said before, I take nothing personally on the playing field and I would ask you to take nothing personally as well. Some of these punches might hurt a little - but after the fight, I'd be the first to buy you a drink at the local pub.

My response will be in about an hour (affix your protective gear accordingly), and maybe we can wrap this up soon!

-Ry

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ken where are you, i want to make sure you post before the deadline. please hurry. i dont want you to lose another post, that would be quite unfortunate for your case.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It should be up within the hours or so.
Been putting out some fairly large fires today at work which is why I have not been able to post earlier.
FYI,
Once you have your response, I have my closing argument nearly complete. All that it needs is to address any last minute monkeywrenchs that you might throw into the works

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
alright good, im confident ill be able to handle it, by the way its beena great debate. giving a good run, well worth the fight.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I can't help noticing that Memoryshock didn't respond last night, and if he replies at his usual time, he'll be a few hours late.

On the outside chance that he hasn't already addressed this by U2U, I just want to put my $0.02 that he should definately be given the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't get in here in time. I'd hate to see a good fight skewed because real life intervened for a few measely hours.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I can't help noticing that Memoryshock didn't respond last night, and if he replies at his usual time, he'll be a few hours late.

On the outside chance that he hasn't already addressed this by U2U, I just want to put my $0.02 that he should definately be given the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't get in here in time. I'd hate to see a good fight skewed because real life intervened for a few measely hours.

I nominate Vagabond the Good Sportsmanship Award. Very nice.

-Ry

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join