It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's only as much as I'm sure he or any one else here would offer if I were to run up against a slight delay.

To be completely honest though, for the sake of not looking like I'm just brown-nosing him, I should mention that I'm attempting to drop a train on him with my next post so I really want the debate to continue.

WARNING!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well, i'm giving up on Confed. Doesn't look like he's going to be posting again in our debate. I really hope everything is ok Confed.

Best of luck to all of the debators. I think the judges are going to have some tough calls to make! You've all done a most excellent job!!!!

Edited to add: I'm going away for the remainder of the weekend, so if Confed shows up to post his closing argument it will be Monday before I get mine on. I'll take my laptop and try to get it on if I have to, but I'm not making any promises that my laptop will behave long enough as we're not getting along too good these days. So, i'll be back and don't count me out.

Later!

[edit on 8-4-2006 by zenlover28]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
None of the debates have moved in 24 hours plus. I think its because of the weekend.
Would everyone favor a one-time only amnesty period for the weekend? I'd really be let down if this tournament got cancelled. It's happened before, but we have got several contenders here still.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I was a little late getting my closing statement in, I am in scotland for the weekend, had to find petrol for the generator to crank up the ol' laptop.

Rdube02, excellent debate, its in the judges hands now!

Now how about that pint!

Dan

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
dan and rdube, great debate. This one is too close to call, Judges have some work ahead of them. Deffinately need to read that one a few times to try to see who came out on top. Both are well deserving.

Vagabonds and MemoryShock are having a great debate as well.

Good luck to all

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Vagabonds

I know I fight like 20 men, but I swear there's only one of me. It's just that I don't have much else to do besides debate, except for school, which I can breeze through with one hand tied behind my back.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
Rdube02, excellent debate, its in the judges hands now!

Now how about that pint!

Dan

Just posted the closing statement as well. Great debate Dan - it's in the judges hands now!

Cheers to you - top notch effort and best of luck to everyone!

Next time I'm in Britain - I'll get you that pint!

-Ry

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Bad Omen for Memoryshock and the rest of you: please look beneath my points, where the red bar should be. That's what happens when you get too many

I'm almost ashamed to be so excited about it, but it's a rare event. And the fact that room had to be made in my miniprofile for even MORE black, I take as an omen that I'm getting scarrier. I consider it a black sash in honor of those I've killed- and those I am about to

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well, it looks like i'm up and running if the need arises. I wanted to post and say congrats Vagabond!! Good for you.

BTW, just so you know and there are no surprises......YOU'RE GOING DOWN.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
Well, it looks like i'm up and running if the need arises. I wanted to post and say congrats Vagabond!! Good for you.

BTW, just so you know and there are no surprises......YOU'RE GOING DOWN.

Yes...the bigger they are, the harder they fall...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
im pretty disappointed, i have no idea where ken is and its been some time now. he said that it would be up in a few hours yesterday. i dont want to win by default again so if he forfiets a response ill do the same.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Going down am I? Well allow me to introduce my first source: www.azlyrics.com...

I'm like a dandelion, jack.
You can cut me down and then I'll pop right back,
and attack from the back like a great white.
I'm not down with the scrappin' but i'm down for the gun fight.

Just when you think you've studied my tactics, I come up with something new- or you realize too little too late that I was doing something subtle but effective in the early rounds that you never even noticed.

Also, providing that the debates start moving again (shoots a glance at memoryshock), you'll be engaging me next week- I'm off school. I'll be devoting myself almost full-time to your destruction.

Good luck though
. You've done well and I'm sure you'll make a good account of yourself when we tangle... assuming that Mem isn't just playing dead, waiting to pounce when I lull. In which case you'll have to make a good account of yourself against him.

Oh, almost forgot... source 2. www.azlyrics.com...

Dumbstruck
Colour me stupid
Good luck
You're gonna need it
Where I'm going if I get there...
At all

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Where is Nygdan? I would have thought he would have pounced by now!?

Vagabond...I have one word for ya........TIMBER!!!!!!!!!!

Buh Bye Now!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
When Nygdan gets back he's probably going to snap. The first round... OK, that's expected, even though he said it was extremely important to avoid this.

I've seen a tournament cancelled over this kind of stuff. I'm a little worried about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
well we are getting to the end game of round 2. just waiting for the judges now......

*whistles*

*chews some straw*

*whittles some wood*

*rocks his chair*

hmmm how about that local sports team..... yep....

Dan

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
When Nygdan gets back he's probably going to snap.

Well, hopefully Nygdan can control his emotions well enough not to 'snap'. Besides, real life happens. And apparently it has happened to him too this weekend because of his disappearance. He's not been around to mod our debates, so apparently he's ran into a 'real life' situation. Surely, he won't 'snap' because others have as well.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hey, do any of you want to participate in a research project? I'm beginning a project on the Israelites & Palestinians. Vag, since you're off school next week perhaps you might want to help me. Even though, if I were you i'd rather be funnelling beer and laying out in the sun..however, that doesn't seem like your style.

If anyone wants to participate..contact Advisor. We'd all make a really good team.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It would be cool to get in on that project zenlover, but considering that I've been putting serious hours into researching these debates, it might be wise if I reserved the rest of the day for catching up on the stuff I should have been doing all semester long.

I've got very little time to find 5 real news events relevant to the apathetic masses at the worlds most boring community college and submit good reports on them. Do that not, and my 4.0 goes byebye and I've got one less thing going for me when I apply to Stanford: when you haven't got any money, you don't need any extra obstacles to keep you out of the best schools.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
zenlover you should definately count me in. im currently in a big thread about this.
it was originally about nuclear weapon capabilities of iran, but its going all over the place. but now im being called ignorant since im defending the palestinians for what happen with the creation of israel. i provided proof and all, and i got called ignorant and ignoring the facts. o well heres the link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-4-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ok, Grim. That sounds great! Maybe we can shed some light on the whole issue and inform some people of the truth.
You'll need to do some research on the research forum by reading all the lovely rules and contacting Advisor to get your scholar status.

Vag, too bad you can't join in. But, I understand.

If anyone else wants to help out...it would be much appreciated!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join