It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
use the [img*] tag [/img*]

just remove the stars... i cant put up the raw code or it looks for an image!
its simple!

Dan

[edit on 5-4-2006 by bigdanprice]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
wow zen....i must admit i dont know many females that provide a deep challenge in a political debate...hmmmm i really need to do mass research if im gonna win you...that last post raped me lol....hmmm im gonna have to pull something out of my butt if im gonna win this argument...its gonna be a while before i post next...i got to research alot

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Grim,
I have posted my opening salvo. I hope it is up to your expectations

This looks like it will be an interesting skirmish with the angle that I have setup

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So much for my earlier promise to post within the hour. I've been working and reworking this post for a few hours now. I'm really trying to knock this one out of the park.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i was a bit unexpected by your post, but it didnt intimidate me in the slightest, i jumped right on it. my post is up now.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
OK Mem, game on. I always feel a little nervous after I post. Before you click that button, you control everything. Once you click it, the judges will do what they will.

Butterflies or not though, I'm confident that this response will leave a mark.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Take your time, Confed. I'm looking forward to whatever it is that you dig up.

BTW, what do you mean you don't know many females that can hang in a political debate? You're definitely hanging with the wrong chicks then. BRING IT ON!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Vagabond im a bit shook from your response, that was so unexpected....attacking the root name of super-power. i never saw that coming....wow. thats a major blow right there..... jeez i really thought mem had it going good. switched my entire opinion when you explained why no body can be considered a super power anymore. wow that was nice.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
Take your time, Confed. I'm looking forward to whatever it is that you dig up.

BTW, what do you mean you don't know many females that can hang in a political debate? You're definitely hanging with the wrong chicks then. BRING IT ON!

oooh...I think confed wins the "Most Politically Incorrect Statement Of the Month Award". lol

You've obviously never discussed politics with southern gal, confed. They can have quite a bit of knowledge regarding politics....at least those who aren't affected by all of the inbreeding...

Oops...okay, hand over the award...

Time to rest the brain & recharge for tomorrow. Might have a few more tricks up these here innocent-looking sleeves...

-Ry

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Vagabond im a bit shook from your response, that was so unexpected....

Never show fear in front of the metallic skull- it makes him attack.

I have a huge variety of angles at my disposal to attack this topic from, but I felt that defining a superpower was the best one to open on, as it segways into the several other arguments which otherwise would have stood in isolation.

In my experience though, MemoryShock isn't one to let a point go right-away, so I'm anxious to see how he chooses to respond. I'm already polishing up several counter-arguments for whichever objection he chooses to raise.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
its not fear, just a moment of shock, dont worry, you wont see much shock in my eyes during our round (prediction) lol

[edit on 5-4-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Cocky as I've been up till now, I'm starting to respect you fighters who I haven't seen in action before, so I'm not taking my presence in the final round as a given.

IF you and I both make it to the end, I'm gonna keep pulling gigantic, genetically mutated man-eating rabbits, rats, and various and sundry other vermin out of my hat until i start to see fear in your eyes. And if that doesn't work... the dreaded kitchen sink (with the garbage disposal still turned on).

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Alright, here is a new debate bracket. Vagabond, I like the one you have, however, the lines don't show up and there's a weird amount of graininess to it, I thought it was the computer i was looking at it with, but apparently its the image itself. So we will work with this as the image:

I think I should be able to have it so that I will just update the upload with new images of the same name, and that way the image will allways be uptodate when looking at it (rather than reposting it). If i can do that, I will post it in the debate tourny thread in the debate forum.

Unfortunately, this image is much simpler and doesn't have the avatars, like vagabonds.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
You're definitely hanging with the wrong chicks then. BRING IT ON!

YIKES!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

jeez i really thought mem had it going good.

I kind of still think I have it going good....well, as good as it gets when facing The Vagabond......

its not fear, just a moment of shock, dont worry, you wont see much shock in my eyes during our round (prediction) lol

I would like to think that your double use of the term ‘shock’..(personal referance)... would indicate an implicit realization that I have not yet lost this round.....

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Game on

Game on indeed.....
...I’ve got your vermin right here and they have already started chewing the kitchen sink......

To the rest of debators, including of course, the grimreaper, I would like to comment positvely upon the presentation I have witnessed thus far in the debates.....

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I am impressed how seriously people are taking this event, it lends it a certain kudos. Its good to know that people are working to the best of their abilities and we will have a real winner at the end of it...
I just wish there were more people 'trash talkin and talkin smack on the field' only because it causes tension an might get some more people following the debates, from what I have seen not many people outside of the 'fighter' circle are at all interested in whats going on here, we need to capture the imagination of the board!

Dan

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
I just wish there were more people 'trash talkin and talkin smack on the field' only because it causes tension an might get some more people following the debates, from what I have seen not many people outside of the 'fighter' circle are at all interested in whats going on here, we need to capture the imagination of the board!

Dan

Dan - you've been watching too much WWF wrestling my friend.

You're right though, unfortunately people outside of the fighter circle seem to be much more interested in trash-talking and drama than in a nice, clean, friendly & polite debate.

With that said.....Your going DOWWWWWNNNNN **flexes huge well-oiled biceps and grimaces**

-Ry

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You would be most correct in stating that the majority of us Southern gals are well versed in politics and it just ain't (like the slang?) politics. Years of competition through pageantry, cheerleading, etc. makes most of us quite competitive and knowledgeable on most issues. Sure we get stereotyped into being superficial blonde dummies that don't know our butts from a hole in the ground, but that's where we are highly underestimated.

Not to mention i'm an Aquarian. LOL. Probably plays a factor!

Nygdan, I like that....feisty. Oh yes, I am in all aspects of life, guys.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Dan climbs to the top rope....

The crowd go wild....

little does he know, he forgot his speedos....

Dan

EDIT: Spelling...

[edit on 6-4-2006 by bigdanprice]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice

Dan

Ya'll want some trash talk. Well consider this fair warning, you haven't even seen the best of my abilities yet. I'm going to take you guys around the world and back again and I will have no problem in doing so. You gentleman had better rest up because this 'feisty' gal can roll with you all day long.....no pun intended.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join